Final Battle

Tag Into My Life

Sehun can't believe he let Jongin talk him into this. 

Tonight, like all Friday nights, is supposed to be movie night.  The accusing emphasis in his thoughts is because someone--not mentioning any names, Jongin--decided that movie night could be foregone just this once.  And normally, Sehun isn't a brat about the details.  Honestly, Movie night is kind of dumb, especially considering that Baekhyun likes to break out the soju at the best parts and after that everything is just...kkaebsong.  But this friday, the group had plans to watch a film he had been anticipating since the first trailer he saw of it. 

Pacific Rim, he recalls, is supposed to be the best movie out there and considering that he's friends with a bunch of nerds who all play League of Legends and watch anime on their free time, he figures there could be nothing greater than the merging of Live Action thriller with Gundam and Godzilla, and his nerdy friends agree. 

Except, they won't be watching the movie any more because Jongin found , and not just any .  He found his kicks in a badass honor student who really could do a lot better than the kid who flinches at sprayed water. And what does this bookworm want to do? 

Laser tag.  

Of course he would choose a sport to play.  It's not like Sehun is out of shape or anything, hell, he's as fit and active as any other Freshman in college, but that doesn't mean he wants to spend his free Friday night getting all sweaty running away from his friends going vigilante and probably shooting the dips on their own team. Oh, and did he mention that this involves socializing?

There's a reason Sehun stays home on Friday nights and convinces his friends to watch movies, people. 

But there's nothing he can do about it now.  He's already at the Laser Tag Arena, waiting impatiently for someone to show up and save him from this nightmare.  He's not necessarily surprised that Jongin and company aren't here yet, but he thought the bookworms might have had a bit more decency than to also be fashionably late.  Then again, he could've just called in sick and watched Pacific Rim alone.  Who cares if Jongin hated him forever?  He could find a new best friend, not like it would be that ha--

Okay, never mind, he couldn't be that cruel to his equally socially awkward best friend. 

He sighs, adjusting his hands deeper into his pockets and looking around the room again to try and spot any familiar faces.  The good thing is that the arena is mostly empty--they decided to go right during school hours so that there would be no high school kids--and there is no one there to disturb his brooding.  Well, there is one person, but the black haired boy is intent on staring off into space, not paying any mind to Sehun or his sulking glare.  Honestly, though, he doesn't know if this unnerves him or not.  The guy across from him is pretty ing hot, especially his . 

Not the time, Sehun, you're supposed to be upset, his rational mind reminded him with a harsh mental slap.  He couldn't help pouting, trying to tear his eyes off the shorter male.  Despite the fact he had around five or more centimeters on the guy, Sehun couldn't help noticing that the guy was more toned and filled out than he was.  Sehun had always been one giant beanpole--he had a nice and shoulders, though--but he had kind of envied people like this mystery dude and Jongin.  They weren't lanky like him and they looked formidable.  Sure, Sehun was as sturdy as a lead pipe, but he looked like you could snap him like a twig, and despite his intimidating height, his overall skinniness was kind of a turn off in a fight. 

This guy was lucky, though.  He was average height with a nice build and really nice arms.  His hair, too, looked heavy and smooth.  Sehun's, on the other hand, looked like a rats nest--or it would, if he didn't take care of it.  After all the times he had to bleach it to get the white color he adorned now, it was surprising he still had hair.  He didn't even want to talk about the time he dyed his hair into a rainbow after losing a drunken bet to Jongin. 

Never. Again. 

"Oh, hey, Sehun!" Jongin sounded from the entrance, happening to walk in just as Sehun was reliving his rage from walking around looking like a ing parrot for months.   Fortunately, years of being best friends made it that much easier for Jongin to read the sadistic expression and just roll his eyes.  "Oh come on, you can't still be mad about that, can you?" 

"We are only still friends because of your sister's cafe," Sehun reminds in a scathing voice.  They both know he's just talking big, though.  He loves Jongin, even if he thinks it might just really be hate underneath the layers of friendship. 

"Uh-huh," Jongin voices carelessly, dismissing him to look at the other corner in curiosity.  He spots the handsome stranger and his face lights up immediately.  "Oh, hey, Xing! I didn't even notice you!" Sehun is mortified, absolutely mortified, that the guy whose he was checking out is apparently one of Jongin's new friends. 

Well, me sideways

"It's okay, I wasn't being very conspicuous," this Xing states with a dismissive wave.  His smile is truly lightening and Sehun almost fears all the evil in him might dissolve under the purity of his expression, but he feels it all reeling back in when Jongin completely overlooks them the moment the door reopens and Kyungsoo walks in.  The way Jongin looks at the bookworm, there is no way he has innocent intentions. 

Well, actually, Sehun knows he doesn't have innocent intentions.  He had to hear every word about it as they tried--and failed--to make ramen.  At least this time they didn't set off the fire alarm. 

"Wow, this place is hard to find," Kyungsoo pointed out, smiling at Jongin and his cute attempt to not be creepy.  "Oh, hey, Jongin! Thanks for letting us follow your car.  I thought we were goners after that first wrong turn." 

"Oh, yeah, no problem!" Jongin blurts out.  "Just saving you from the perils of the darkside of downtown." 

"Hey, I live down town." Xing points out, earning a surprised look from Jongin.   "At least they're not out to taint poor, innocent Kyungsoo like you, Jonginnie." Okay.  He can stay, Sehun decides. 

"Ha ha, very funny, Yixing." Jongin pouted, taking up the job of sulking.  "Now where are the rest of our friends?" 

"Present and accounted for!" A male about as tall as Yixing but lankier cried, practically falling through the doors.  He managed to save himself, but was nearly trampled by the other male that came filing in after him.  One of them was clearly dressed for war, decked out in a black tank top and stylish camouflage cargo pants, topped off by a pair of menacing looking black boots.  His dyed blonde hair was styled into an attractive crew cut and Sehun thought that if Yixing hadn't just dissed Jongin seconds before, he might be after that instead.   

But luckily, he did. 

"Wow, Tao, you look ready for battle." Yixing noted, looking the tall, dark male up and down in appraisal.  "Careful, the girls might think you're straight."  

"Until they hear him scream like a little ," the lanky male that nearly stumbled to his shame teased, earning a light hit from Kyungsoo.  He pouted at the hit, shoulders slouching forward and whining.  "Hey, I'm your Hyung! I'm allowed to tease!"

"Whoa, wait," Sehun blurts out, earning attention from everyone, including Yixing and Tao.  He gulps but figures he's in too deep to stop now.  "You're older than them? How old does that make you, then?" 

Despite the question, this guy just looks at him with a frown and crosses his arms.  "Who wants to know?"

"Oh, right, introductions!" Jongin saves, earning sighs from everyone who thought they had escaped.  "Luhan, this is Sehun, my best friend.  Sehun, this is Luhan, Tao, and Yixing.  You already know Kyungsoo.  Tao, Yixing, this is my best friend Sehun." 

"Well, Jongin, your best friend Sehun has a really nice ." Luhan says, earning another reprimand from Kyungsoo.  He pouts again and holds his arm, rubbing the soreness away.  "What? he does!" 

"Thank you." Sehun thanks, nodding his head.  He turns to Jongin and crosses his arms. "Aren't Baekhyun and Minseok coming?  I thought you said they were going to finish the teams, you know, four on four?" Jongin looks around at the faces nervously and Sehun's drops.  "You're hiding something." 

"What? No, of course not, just...there's been a slight change of plans?" Sehun growls and Jongin hops behind Kyungsoo in defense. Yeah, big scary he is. Bastard.  "Don't worry! Baekhyun and Minseok are still coming, it's just...we decided we weren't going to do a team battle?" 

"Oh? And what are we going to do instead?" 

"Singles," Yixing points out like it's the most obvious answer in the world.  Nice or not, Sehun doesn't like people ruining the finer moments of his investigation. 

"Excuse me, did I ask you?" 

"What's the matter?" Yixing asks, sinful lips curling into a mocking sneer.  "Are you scared?" Sehun draws back in distress. 

"Me? Scared? Of course not!" 

"Then what's the problem, hmm?  Afraid without your friends there you'll be nothing but one big loser?" Okay, this is really getting under his skin now. 

"No, actually, I'm worried they might not survive without me there! I'll have you know that I'm a pro at PvP!" Yixing clicks his tongue and Sehun vaguely registers that everyone is just watching them.  He shrugs them off, though.  This is personal now. 

"Oh, Poor baby Sehun." . "This isn't some computer strategy game anymore, this is the real deal.  I'm not sure if you're capable of holding your own without reinforcements there to back you up.  You seem like an awful lot of talk." 

"Oh yeah?" he asks in a deep, ominous voice.  "Then why don't you find out for yourself, huh?  You and me, one on one, what do you say?" Yixing's lips quirk into a smirk at the side. 

"You're on, hot shot." 

"Good!" Jongin calls from behind Kyungsoo, "then you guys can go first while we wait for the others!"  

Sehun has never regretted being friends with Jongin more than he does right now. 

Despite his hatred, though, he agrees.  After all, this isn't about his unfortunate best friend anymore, this is about his pride, his honor and his waning dignity, and more than anything, the right to tap that nice as--

Wait. 

No. 

He meant ego, not , e.g.o. And maybe some later 

***

Did Sehun forget to mention that he's not actually that good at Laser Tag? Or the fact he's never actually played before? Well, yeah, so now you know.  Normally, in a group match, this wouldn't matter at all because Jongin would be weak to the whims of Kyungsoo and would probably be lured into a trap and shot to death, but in a singles match where it's just him and Sweet--Yixing, there's no one there to be the ritual sacrifice to the gods of Victory. 

And now he's on his own, cowering behind a wall and praying to the Lords of all PvP to give him the strength to win this match and not have to hang his head in shame.  He's also praying to the Gods of that if the Lords of PvP shine down upon him they'll allow him the chance to at least feel that beautiful piece of plump fle--

"You can't hide forever," Yixing's voice rings through the dark room, leaving Sehun cursing himself for getting cocky.  He crouches low against the wall, holding his laser gun to his chest and sending another prayer for an easy victory.  "Come on, Sehunnie, where is all of the confidence from before?" 

Now, Sehun wants to say something back, but he also knows this is a trap and he's played too many strategy games to let his balls get in the way of his brain.  So, instead of answering, he makes the executive decision to run across the stretch of map in front of him and take a better vantage point against the far wall.  He swears he sees a figure as he makes the dash and by the time he sees the wall, he is throwing himself into a roll to get there without being a seen. 

His back slammed against the wall and he took a deep, calming breath.  He took a second to relax, clutching his gun closer and leaning out to look for any signs of his enemy.  Unfortunately, he doesn't see Yixing anymore.  All he sees is an empty stretch of black walkway and the path to his imminent demise. 

"You know, Sehunnie," Yixing's voice calls from a spot that sounds surprisingly close to him, "I like you better when you're recklessly running your mouth and getting into trouble, it's much more attractive than a childish game of hide and seek." And those are not the words Sehun needs to hear from his very attractive new friend. 

Because maybe it makes his balls take over the game a little--but only a little. "Just being strategic, Hyung." He calls out, listening to how his voice rings through the room.  He realizes, as he probably should've earlier, that the room has acoustics made to mask your location and give the ideal echo to leave the enemy guessing.  And because he understands this now, he figures he might as well have a little fun.  "What, do you miss my handsome face already?"

"Says the boy who was ogling my for five minutes." Yixing calls and Sehun counts a point for him.  

"In my defense, you have a really, really nice ," Sehun admits, cocking his gun and deciding it's not worth it to hide any longer. 

"You aren't so bad yourself," Yixing returned, voice sounding like it was coming closer.  "Luhan wasn't lying when he said yours was nice." 

"If I didn't know any better," Sehun purred out seductively, "I'd think you're trying to seduce me or distract me.  I don't know how I feel about this, Xing.  We've only known each other for...oh, about twenty minutes at best." 

"I don't hear you complaining," Yixing's voice called out.  He swore he heard footsteps approaching closer and closer.  Before, Sehun might have been nervous, but now, he had a plan. 

"That's because I'm not," he returned, standing up from off the wall and preparing for his surprise attack.  "But since we're both so eager to win, how about we step up the stakes, shall we?" The footsteps stopped and he somehow knew he had gotten Yixing's interest. 

"Oh?" His voice rang in a distance close enough that Sehun could hear his real voice under the echoes.  "How do you suppose we do that, hmm?" 

"Well," Sehun said with a small shrug and a clear smirk to his voice, "how about we make a bet." 

"Hmm," Yixing hummed in acknowledgement, footsteps coming closer and closer again.  "I can deal with that, and since I'm the Hyung, how about I go first, huh?" Sehun didn't really have anything to say to that.  They were in Korea after all. 

"Sure, why not, I'm going to win this anyway." He shot off in a bored tone.  When Yixing's laughter rung through the air, he swore all the blood in his head ran south. 

Not good. 

"That's the cocky Sehun I like." Said cocky gulped, closed his eyes and prayed again.  "Now, if I win..." He trailed off and Sehun opened his eyes in fear that he might have been caught.  Luckily, he was still dreadfully alone.  "You have to spend a day with Luhan, dealing with all of his related pick up lines." 

Sehun cringed.  As...tempting as that sounded, he would have to pass. 

"Fine, but if I win, you have to spend a day with me, dealing with my  related pick up lines." Yixing chuckled again. 

"You know, you're supposed to choose something that will deter me from losing." The implications had Sehun's head spinning.   

"On the contrary, I'm supposed to choose something that would inspire me to win." 

"And are you?" Yixing asked, fingers tapping on the wall right behind him.  "Inspired, I mean."

"You have no idea," and as he spat the words, he took the chance. 

He threw himself into the aisle, raised his gun and pointed it at Yixing. The older male barely had a chance to get a good look at him before he pulled the trigger and watched the red lights blink on Yixing's armor.  His lips pulled up into a smirk as he stood up off the ground and blew imaginary smoke off of his imaginary gun. 

As the adrenaline of his first win wore off, it finally set in that he had won.  He would've done a victory dance, but seeing as how Yixing was right there and hotter than ever in the dim lighting, he couldn't bring himself to embarrass all the seduction he had done away.  

So, instead, he stood up and smirked down the couple inches he had over Yixing.  "It looks like you are just going to have to deal with all of my beautiful pick up lines." He pointed out, poking Yixing's chest.  He was surprised when Yixing just smirked. 

"You're lucky I like you, Sehunnie," he purred, "otherwise I might not have let you win." 

Okay, that hurt.  "You really thought I couldn't win without your help?" 

"After the way you just cowered for the first ten minutes, I figured it might be a nice confidence booster." 

"That's low, bro." Yixing shrugged. 

"If you're so upset about it, why don't we play another round, hmm?" Sehun stood chest to chest with him, glaring down into those sweet, chocolate brown eyes.  He wanted to be angry, but really, he was super excited. 

"Just one round and you already want more?" Sehun asked, taking his chin and lifting his face closer.  "You really wanted me to win that round, didn't you?" 

Yixing shrugged, wrapped an arm around his waist and lead him towards the exit of the room.  "I would've rather'd a round doing something else," He teased, offering a wink just as they came out of the room.  And the moment they were back in front of the other boys, Yixing's flirtatious gaze fell to one of boredom.  "Well, that was predictable."

"Yixing won, didn't he?" Jongin asked, clearly losing his mind waiting for his turn in the dark with Kyungsoo.  "I'm not surprised, this was his first time after all." 

"Actually, Jonginnie," Yixing pointed out, patting Sehun's and nearly sending him jumping in shock. "Sehun beat me." 

"Well, color me surprised!" Baekhyun exclaimed in, low and behold, surprise! "And here I thought he'd be too busy staring at your to--"

"Enough, Baek, you're gonna embarrass him!" Minseok spat, forcefully closing Baekhyun's mouth.  "Excuse him, okay? He has issues." 

"But wait, seriously, Sehun won?" Jongin asked just for clarification.  Yixing nodded his head.  

"He completely took me by surprise." He said, sending Sehun a sideways glance of secret knowledge.  Sehun blushed. 

"Damn, I wish he'd take me by surprise," Luhan moaned in jealousy, cuddling closer to the chair he was straddling in envy.  "No fair, Yixing gets all the hot ones!" 

"You could've had your chance," Yixing said with a tone that implied he knew something Luhan would never know.  The older male, though, just sighed, completely missing it.  

"Yeah, yeah, just rub it in." Another sigh, "remind me again why I'm your best friend?" 

"I don't know, but how about we go on to the next match, huh?  Who had dibs next, Jongin and Kyungsoo?" Both perked up and Yixing smirked.  "Perfect! And while you guys are playing, I'm gonna take Sehunnie out for a congratulatory dinner!  Have fun playing, boys~" He cooed, offering an innocent wave at the rest of them.  Before Sehun could even be disappointed about the turn of events, he was dragged out of the establishment and towards a bright red, and very stylish car. 

"Come on, we have to move quick before Luhan smells mischief." Sehun looked at him in surprise. 

"Excuse me?" 

Yixing smirked at him.  "I did say another round, didn't I?" He opened the passenger door and held it for Sehun.  "Now come on, we don't have long before Luhan will start to notice." 

This was totally not what he had planned for the day but hell, Sehun needed to get out sometimes.  But still...

"Hey, do you wanna watch Pacific Rim with me?" 

"Don't push your luck."

"Okay..."