Fianl

Tiptoes

            “Mark!” The booming voice of GOT7’s leader thundered through the dorm and soft footsteps could be heard approaching Yugyeom’s and Bambam’s bedroom before a slight figure slipped in on tiptoes. Yugyeom only smiled as the older boy hurried over to his bed and sat down behind him.

            “I’m not here.” Mark whispered, his hands gripping the back of Yugyeom’s t-shirt. Yugyeom looked over his shoulder and couldn’t contain his grin anymore.

            “Mark-hyung, you’re so cute.” Pale cheeks flushed a delicious red and a delicate frown settled on the other’s features.

            “I’m not.” Mark grumbled almost inaudibly and curled into a ball, pressing himself against the tall maknae as heavy footsteps approached the room.

 

Not a second later, the door was burst open and a red-faced Jaebum walked in. He took a glance at Yugyeom, who was playing on his phone, then at the sock glad foot whose toes were visible.

            “Mark, I know you’re hiding behind Yugyeom, come out.” He said in a stern voice and crossed his arms. Yugyeom could feel Mark flinch as he heard Jaebum’s voice, before the oldest reluctantly started uncurling his body. He peaked over Yugyeom’s shoulder at Jaebum with a pout on his face and his petit hands still clutching the maknae’s shirt.

            “Jaebum-ah, I’m sorry. I forgot.” Yugyeom barely managed to supress a laugh when he heard Mark talk in a higher voice, dragging the vocals in order to appease the leader. The eldest’s aegyo worked as well as always, his pout and puppy eyes transforming Jaebum’s stern and angry expression into a slightly annoyed one.

 

The leader sighed and uncrossed his arms.

            “Just, next time please think about cleaning up after yourself.” For good measure, and as a reminder, Jaebum slammed the door behind himself. Mark sighed in relief and came to sit next to Yugyeom, who dropped his phone in favour to wind an arm around his smaller frame.

            “Hyung, your aegyo works every time. Why do you still hide behind me?” Mark glanced at him before shrugging.

            “It just makes me feel a bit saver to hide behind you.” It was a quietly mumbled response, but he still heard it. Yugyeom pulled Mark even closer against him and nuzzled into the smaller boy’s hair.

            “Mark-hyung really is the cutest.”

 

--

 

There were many reasons Yugyeom thought his Mark-hyung was the most adorable of the group; one reason was the pouting and sulking face that he wore so often, another was the way his lips split into a wide smile. It didn’t help at all that the oldest boy had such a slim build, he was the slightest of them all, and that he would get flustered and embarrassed when someone called him cute. More so, when Yugyeom called him cute, he would blush from his neck to the tip of his ears.

 

Currently Yugyeom thought he was cute because he was standing in the kitchen, blinking tiredly into his coffee cup with messy hair and one of his oversized cardigans thrown over his pyjama shirt.

            “You look really cute when you’re sleepy, hyung.” Yugyeom said and with an amused grin watched the flush spread across Mark’s cheeks.

            “Shut up, maknae.” Mark’s voice was grumpy and rough from disuse and sleep, but to Yugyeom it still sounded endearing.

 

Mark finished his coffee and turned to the sink to wash the cup. Yugyeom grinned mischievously and sneaked closer to the smaller boy. He wrapped his arms around the thin waist and rested his head comfortably on Mark’s shoulder. His hyung let him cuddle up to him, it was something Yugyeom often did and although Mark blushed every time he still let himself be enveloped in a hug. The maknae couldn’t help it. He loved the feeling of Mark’s slighter body against his; the soft slope of his round shoulders under Yugyeom’s chin and the small waist, which is perfect for hugging.

 

Yugyeom smiled into the fabric of Mark’s cardigan as the smaller boy dried off his hands.

            “Hyung, you’re the cutest.”

            “I am not afraid to hit you Yugyeom.”

 

--

 

            “Mark, you did it again!” Yugyeom heard Jackson’s voice shout, while he was brushing his teeth in the bathroom, then quick and light footsteps getting closer before the door opened and a sleepy looking Mark stepped in. He swiftly stepped behind Yugyeom and turned the younger boy’s body so it was facing the door.

            “Good morning, hyung.” Yugyeom managed to say quite clearly despite the toothbrush in his mouth. Mark’s hair was standing out in all directions and he still looked drowsy and slightly confused.

            “Good morning, Gyeomie.”

            “Did you step onto the clothes Jackson-hyung prepared for himself again?” Through the mirror over the sink Yugyeom watched as Mark leant his forehead against the place between his shoulder blades and noticed with amusement that the elder’s ears had turned red.

            “Maybe.” The visual said quietly.

 

The bathroom door was suddenly opened and Jackson stepped inside, his hair wild and expression annoyed.

            “Mark I can see you through the mirror.”

            “No you can’t.” Jackson’s nostrils started flaring and Yugyeom knew he had to do something. He briefly spit out the toothpaste from his mouth and put his toothbrush back. When Jackson took a step forward Yugyeom’s arms reached back and around Mark as if to make sure the older boy stayed there.

            “Come on Jackson-hyung, I’m sure you can’t even see anything on the clothes.” He felt Mark nod against his back and smiled at the still annoyed looking Jackson. “And really hyung you shouldn’t leave your clothes in the middle of the room.” Again Mark nodded and Yugyeom felt his small hand reach for his own. After a moment of silence Jackson huffed and walked off, muttering something about owing him a favour and annoying maknaes.

 

Yugyeom turned around to face the other boy and smiled at Mark’s somnolent expression.

            “You really are a lifesaver Gyeomie.” The brunette smiled in thanks and wrapped his arms around Yugyeom’s middle, his head buried in the taller boy’s collarbone. His breath was warm against Yugyeom’s cool skin and the smell of Mark’s shampoo reached his nostrils. Mark rarely initiated contact with him, so Yugyeom treasured every little moment even more. Before Mark could step back Yugyeom wrapped his arms around his waist and grinned into his mussed hair, while taking a deep breath and trying to memorise the warm scent.

            “How can I not help hyung when you’re so cute?” The weak punch Mark delivered to his side was worth it because he got to see his hyung’s flustered and sweet expression as his whole face turned red.

 

When the other members asked him why his face was red he said it was because of anger but the quick heartbeat Yugyeom felt against his chest and Mark’s expression when he parted from the hug told him otherwise.