the idiot.

Kim Jongin the Clumsy Idiot

My Name is Kim Jongin.

I’m just a normal college student who stumbled into art major because I don’t like anything else except drawing.

Yes, I’m not the type that actually enjoys studying but I’m also not the one who doesn’t think about their future.

I have friends of course. Weird friends. But they actually helpful from time to time and they’re actually comfy to be with.

Except when they decide to do stupid things and I got involved. That sometimes includes cutting detention and getting more detention.

Entering my third year I realize all of my friends already have their special someone.

Of course they preferred to spend time with their boyfriend/girlfriend than giving their single best friend some company.

 

I’m not jealous. Kim Jongin is not jealous.

 

Sometimes it’s lonely inside the cold apartment. The heater exploded last month because Oh Sehun didn’t know how to turn it off (seriously?)

Sehun is one of my best friends that I mentioned earlier. He has a boyfriend from China who looks like a panda. Apparently he doesn’t like to be called panda (don’t tell on me).

 

I just want someone to love me.

“Wait I’m not that desperate.”

 

“Yeah you are. Chanyeol patted me on the back and strolled off with my other best friend Baekhyun. Hand in hand.

 

A few weeks later, Baekhyun introduced me to his good friend. Chanyeol secretly told me they boy is living the same condition as me.

Isn’t that ironic.

Do Kyungsoo, his name rolled nicely on my tongue.

Turns out he’s also in art major but I never noticed him in class before. Well I never pay attention to anyone in my class before that makes sense.

He has big doe eyes and golly I was shocked when he smiled and his lips form a heart shape. Is that even possible?

Kyungsoo is a shy person. He’d hide his blush behind his hand when I sling an arm around his shoulders. Looking away, face red as tomato when I compliment his drawing.

 

“He’s cute.” I will say that to Chanyeol sometimes when I unconsciously talk about Kyungsoo. And then he will say that I’m an idiot and left me grinning alone in cafeteria.

It almost happens every day though.

I pretended not to notice the fluttering in my stomach every time he laughs.

 

“You like Kyungsoo.” I choked on my soda while Baekhyun flashed that signature smirk of him. It’s not a question and I know it’s true.

I just don’t know what to do.

Because Kim Jongin is a clumsy idiot Sehun said.

I decided to kick him in the later.

I have Do Kyungsoo to take care of.

 

“Hyung what should I do?”

“How else to make someone your boyfriend ask him, now go!”

I got my kicked by a furious Baekhyun. God there will be bruise tomorrow.

 

“Yes.”

I swear my jaw dropped to the ground; Kyungsoo started laughing and closed my mouth with his index finger.

“Yes Kim Jongin I would love to be your boyfriend.”

Well isn’t that easy.

 

“He has a crush on you since freshman you know. You’re just too stupid to realized.” Baekhyun shook his head and flicked me on the forehead.

I think I deserved that.

 

-

 

Jongin smiled and signed his name under the last sentence.

“Hey.”

Jongin jumped and quickly closed his diary and hid it behind his back. Sehun bought him a diary for his birthday present. It can help your bad memory. He finally got the chance to kick Sehun’s .

Jongin scooted backwards, back contacted roughly with the headboard.

Kyungsoo was sitting on the edge of the bed grinning ear to ear.

“What is that?” Kyungsoo pointed behind Jongin.

“Nothing.” Jongin looked down hiding his reddening face.

“Nothing?”

“Yup, nothing.”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“You know, I’ve been here since you wrote the first sentence.”

 

Fin.

A/N: Thank you for reading!!