Dark Snow

Little Miss Cupcakes

It was the summer festival of the college and it was crowded as when Jinyoung had finally arrived. Looking at the people talking and laughing and busily buying things made Jinyoung wanted to go home already. Jinyoung never liked the crowd. He hated it.

But all thanks to his best friend forever, he was forced to attend the festival.

He let out an irritated sigh as he began to blend in to the crowd, trying to find his way to the shop he was forced to go to. If it wasn’t because of her, he wouldn’t even want to go to the college during this time. Jinyoung had planned to stay at home and play video games but of course, someone decided to ruin his plan.

The thing Jinyoung hated most about the festivals was that it was noisy. The sound of the sellers yelling out their cheap prices to the crowds annoyed the hell out of Jinyoung. Not to mention that the noise of girls laughing was also irritating.

The festival was open to all, which meant that everybody could come.

Jinyoung was cursing his friend under his breath when a kid bumped onto him. Surprised, Jinyoung looked down to the person and it was a kid holding an ice-cream. The kid looked up to Jinyoung and without apologizing, that son of a ran away. “Oh no,” Jinyoung mumbled as he realized that the kid had stained his favourite jeans with the ice cream he was holding.

What made it worst was that his jeans was white and the ice cream was chocolate. The stain was obvious.

“,” Jinyoung hissed as he fished for a packet of tissue in his pocket.

People kept on bumping onto him as he tried to wipe away the stain with his tissues, causing him to stand up straight and moved to the side where he could wipe the stain carefully. Although it was cleaned, the stain was still there. He couldn’t get the stain off.

There were a lot of booths. Jinyoung knew that he couldn’t find his friend’s booth. Thankfully, he had the advertisement paper in his pocket. His friend had given him the advertisement paper a day before the festival and she had given him an early warning with a sweet voice of hers, “Jinyoung-ah~ If you don’t come, I’ll break your neck into two, alright~?”

Jinyoung stared at the paper with the “Little Miss Cupcakes” written on top of the paper as the header. Jinyoung chuckled staring at the name. ‘Little Miss does suit her,’ he chuckled as he shook his head.

“Booth number 79…?” Jinyoung mumbled to himself as he looked at the number of booths around him. He was far from booth number 79.

Jinyoung began to walk and look for booth number 79. He looked at his surroundings as he searched for the booth. There were people who sell magic tricks stuff, merchandises, handmade clothes and lots more. Jinyoung made a mental note to visit the booth that sell mangas later.

Before he could even reach the Little Miss Cupcakes booth, he saw someone waving her hands towards him. His best friend, Hyunju, was wearing a pink apron with a noticeable pink strawberry ribbon on her head. Jinyoung scoffed at how ridiculous she looked. The huge apron made her look smaller then she really was.

Jinyoung gave her a grin and raised his hand up, signaling that he saw her. He immediately went towards the booth. The first thing he noticed was that there were a lot of cupcakes on display. It was like looking at a rainbow as the cupcakes were arranged nicely with their colour category. 

“Ya, you came!” Hyunju greeted him happily as she playfully punched his arm.

Jinyoung sneered, “I didn’t want to but someone forced me to. Besides, seeing you in this ridiculous outfit actually makes me not regret coming here. At least I have something to laugh at.”

“It’s our uniform, okay?” she rolled her eyes.

Jinyoung chortled and looked at the surrounding of the booth. There were two other people working on the booth besides Hyunju and Jinyoung knew one of them. One of them was Song Myunghee, a long curly haired girl who never seemed to smile at all.

The first time Jinyoung met her, Jinyoung had thought that maybe she was just in a bad mood. The second time, Jinyoung tried to greet her but she wasn’t wearing any expression at all. The third time, Jinyoung didn’t even try.

Sure, Jinyoung was a friendly boy, if you haven’t notice. It was his nature to be nice and make friends but it was impossible with this girl. She seemed so distant and aloof it actually scared the out of Jinyoung. In other words, she intimidated him and all he ever wanted was just to stay away from her.

Jinyoung didn’t expect that she would work on the booth but who was Jinyoung to care? He just needed to buy a cupcake and then go home.

“So… do you fancy anything?”

“Well…” Jinyoung’s eyes were scanning the cupcakes.

There were a lot of cupcakes to choose from; Jinyoung couldn’t make up his mind. When he thought he wanted the chocolate one with chocolate chips sprinkles on top, his eyes would glance at the cupcake beside of it, which was the green one which Jinyoung assumed it was mint flavored. Jinyoung loved mint so he thought he would settle down for the green one. But then again, the orange one seemed delicious.

“God,” he muttered. “I don’t think I can choose.”

“You can buy six cupcakes and I’ll put it for you in your box. Or you can buy one for $1.20,” Hyunju explained.

“I’ll take six cupcakes. Just give me the ones you think I would like. Although I wanted to try them all but I’m pretty broke.”

“Right away.” With that, Hyunju took a box and slowly took six cupcakes. The first one she took was the pink coloured one. It looked soft and delicious. The second cupcake she took was the green one; the one Jinyoung had thought of eating. The third cupcake was coloured white with a dark chocolate whip cream on top of it, sprinkled with white sprinkles on top of the whip cream. Next was a blue cupcake. The fifth cupcake Hyunju had chosen was chocolate and last but not least, she had picked a red velvet cupcake.

Jinyoung watched as his friend skilfully completed the box and gave it to Jinyoung.

However, Jinyoung’s mouth was already watering and his stomach was already rumbling. He couldn’t help but to ask, “Do you mind accompanying me for a moment? I kinda want to at least eat one of your creations.”

Hearing his friend’s request, Hyunju let out a small laugh and then shrugged, “Sure.”

“Alright,” Jinyoung triumphantly grinned as he carefully opened the box and stared at the six cupcakes. All of them looked as if they were begging for Jinyoung to eat them. He didn’t want to spend a lot of time thinking which one he was going to eat first so he took the white coloured cupcake.

Jinyoung carefully took a small bite of the cupcake while Hyunju only stared at him, watching his reactions.

“God,” Jinyoung mumbled as soon as the sweet small cake entered his mouth. It tasted divine and Jinyoung really liked it. It was sweet – but it wasn’t really that sweet. It was perfect. The whip cream tasted perfect and the cake had vanilla taste on it although the colour did not seemed like vanilla at all.

Hyunju smirked; satisfied with the reaction Jinyoung had given her.

Jinyoung finished it no longer after that, leaving the cream and the sprinkles to be stained all over his lips. Being a good friend Hyunju was, she only remained quiet and silently laughed at her friend’s face. Jinyoung looked disgusting – he looked as if he never had a cupcake before.  

“Man, I didn’t know your cupcakes are good. You should make a dozen for me some time.”

“No can’t do, honey,” Hyunju giggled.

“Why not?” Jinyoung pouted. “I like the one I just ate a lot.”

“I can’t,” Hyunju said. “But my friend can. You can ask her. I’m only in charge of red velvet cupcakes and also the nutty mint. The one you ate is Dark Snow.”

Jinyoung playfully scoffed, “No wonder it tastes good. You’re not the one who made it.”

“Yah!” Hyunju snapped angrily. “Are you saying that my cupcakes taste bad?”

“I’m just kidding,” he sheepishly grinned. “You know you’re my best friend~”

“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes and turned to one of her friends that ran the booth while Jinyoung was staring at the cupcakes that were left inside the box. Jinyoung was too busy staring at the cupcakes, deciding which one he should eat when all of a sudden, Hyunju hit him on his head.

“Ouch!” he whined as he looked up to Hyunju. He was about to scold her but then he realized that someone was standing beside her. It was Myunghee.

Jinyoung forced a smile, not wanting to make a bad impression on her while Myunghee just stared at him. She then turned to Hyunju, “Why did you call me?”

Hyunju glanced at Jinyoung and then returned her gaze to Myunghee. “Myunghee, this is unnie’s friend, Jinyoung.” Jinyoung nodded at the mention of his name. “He thinks your cupcakes are good. He said he wants you to make a dozen for him.”

‘WHAT THE HELL,’ Jinyoung screamed in his head. Jinyoung’s eyes were wide by then. ‘Doesn’t this little knows that I’m just kidding, for ’s sake?!’

Myunghee turned back to Jinyoung and raised an eyebrow, probably another way for her of asking whether it was true. “Well,” Jinyoung began, his hand was rubbing at the back of his neck. “You know, they really are good. I mean… I usually didn’t eat sweet stuff like this, you know… like, this one’s really good.” Jinyoung was mumbling which made Hyunju burst into a fit of giggles – not because he stammered but because he looked foolish.

Jinyoung was stuttering with the cream and sprinkles stained on his lips and he wasn’t even aware of that.

Myunghee let out a sigh of relief and gave him a small smile. And God, it was the first time Jinyoung saw her smile. And holy mother of God, she was beautiful. Jinyoung never noticed this before (of course he never did – he never even see her smile before!) but when she smiles, her eyes formed into crescent shapes and Jinyoung liked it.

“I’m glad you like it,” she said, her face was beginning to softened.

“Um…” Jinyoung didn’t know how to respond to that. Should he compliment her more? Should he ask for the cupcakes more? That was when Jinyoung realized he was having difficulties in talking to her.

He had to think before he started to converse with her.

But Jinyoung never think. Jinyoung is a natural talker (if there is such thing) but he found it hard to bring up a topic when it comes to Myunghee. Sure, it was because she intimidated him. But now, maybe because she was the reason why he could hear the sound of his heart beating against his rib cage.

“Of course. It… it tastes good.”

Myunghee softly smiled and gave him a nod. “Thanks.”

“S-Sure.” His eyes then glanced at the smaller girl and Hyunju only smirk.

.

 

 

“Come on, noona~ Pretty please?”

For the umpteenth time of the day, Hyunju repeated, “No.”

“Why?” Jinyoung asked.

“Because you’re starting to sound like a creep!” she yelled out, not caring whether people were listening. Jinyoung looked at the smaller girl in annoyance. He was irritated that she didn’t want to give in so easily.

“Why is it that you’re acting up like this anyway?” Hyunju huffed, folding her arms and looked straight at the raven haired boy.

Jinyoung didn’t answer for a moment. The answer was obvious – because he had fallen for her! But he couldn’t just bear to say it out loud especially to the small girl in front of him. He was about to speak up but the glare Hyunju was giving him made him shut his mouth.

Hyunju squinted her eyes. “You like her, don’t you?”

“Duh, if I don’t like her, why would I ask for her number?”

It’s true, ladies and gentlemen, Jinyoung had been asking for a girl’s phone number and it was the stupidest thing Jinyoung had ever done in his life – according to Hyunju anyway. After the summer festival, Jinyoung had been calling and messaging and bothering Hyunju.

Jinyoung had been craving for the Dark Snow cupcakes he had eaten during the summer festival and that wasn’t the only thing he had been craving on. He had been wanting to see her smile. Her sweet, sweet, sweet smile. It was as if her smile was only made for Jinyoung. And Jinyoung liked it.

Hyunju rolled her eyes in annoyance. She then spoke, “I would give it to you if she wasn’t my friend but sorry, Jinyoung-ah, she’s my friend.”

“But I am your best friend!”

“And she is still my friend.”

Jinyoung glared at the older girl and then pouted. “Why do I even bother asking you? It’s not like you’re going to help me anyway,” he petulantly said. However he feigned mad as he knew that sooner or later, Hyunju would eventually give in.

But it didn’t seem like the older was buying it. So he tried harder.

“The cupcakes she made were amazing though. But it seemed like she wouldn’t want anything to do with me. Is it possible that she hate me already?”

Hyunju was throwing daggers to him by using her eyes at first and eventually, she let out a defeated sigh. Jinyoung refrained from grinning ear to ear, as the defeated sigh that escaped her lips indicated that she was about to give in. “Fine,” she said. “But I won’t give you her number,” she continued.

Jinyoung’s smile turned upside down. However, she immediately continued, “But I will help you and tell you what you should do in order to attract her.”

“ yeah.” This time, he didn’t stop himself from grinning ear to ear.  

 

 

Number one: try approaching her.

Jinyoung was never early for college. He wasn’t even one to wake up early. Only God knows what it takes to wake him up. But however, on that day, he did wake up early.

Hyunju had asked him to approach Myunghee and that seemed like an easy thing to do. Despite the fact that he was up early, he did come to college late. He was supposed to be having literature that day but he was busy searching for Myunghee as he knew that she was having a self-study time.

And how did he know that, you ask?

He had been asking Hyunju for her time table. Not that Hyunju actually want to give him but Jinyoung was a good begger. He had been persuading her and Hyunju eventually asked Myunghee for her timetable.

Of course, Myunghee was dumbfounded by this but she gave it to Hyunju anyway.

Jinyoung’s first choice was the study garden, where there were a lot of people there. Some studied and some did not. Jinyoung looked for the girl with long curly hair but she wasn’t there so he moved to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was huge, I have to say. But there was no sign of Myunghee.

And so he tried the library. He looked for her at the first floor but she wasn’t there. However, he did find an open magazine on one of the tables in the library. He glanced at the asking counter and the librarian was busy with paperwork. The students around him were too focused reading or doing their own thing. Turning left to right to make sure no one was looking, he decided to peek on the magazine.

“Holy ,” he muttered. It was an adult magazine.

Someone had accidentally or purposely left it open but really, what type of people would read a magazine out in the open? An idiot, that’s who.

Any sane student would tell the librarian about this but Jinyoung, was after all, just a boy. He let out a nervous cough and immediately closed the magazine and folded it, so that no one could see the cover of a woman holding her s for the world to see.

He decided to tell the librarian about this matter as soon as he had snuck a quick look at the content of the magazine.

But then he remembered that he was there to look for Myunghee so he went up to the second floor. There weren’t a lot of students on the second floor and he saw no sign of Myunghee – just a few students studying and a few tables that were occupied with books and pencil cases.

He let out a disappointed sigh, then soon, he realized that he still can at least do something in the library. He glanced at magazine he had folded and then looked at his surroundings.

Maybe peeking a bit won’t hurt right?

His steps were quick as he made his way to the shelves full of books. The shelves were arranged nicely and there must’ve been millions of them. If you ever play hide and seek, it’ll took you years to find the person who had to hide as they can move around without you noticing.

Jinyoung chose the shelf that people seldom stopped at and sit as far as he could. Jinyoung knew that he shouldn’t just sit on the floor in between the shelves because he knew that when he is caught, he would be seen as a maniac.

But the thing is, he was far away and he was certain that nobody would go there so he carelessly sat down and flipped the pages of the magazine.

It didn’t take him long as all of a sudden; Myunghee passed by and stopped in front of him, staring at him in confusion. Jinyoung was surprised that she suddenly appeared, as if destiny was playing trick on him.

 Apparently, Myunghee had been in the library on the second floor all along. Like Jinyoung, she was sitting in between the shelves on the empty space and read a book. The only difference is that Myunghee was reading a business and technology book but he was reading (or rather, looking at pictures of) an magazine.

Myunghee was about to place the book he was holding back to its shelf only to find the guy who had complimented her was sitting cross legged on the floor, holding onto a magazine.

Operation Number One: Try Approaching Her is complete!

But of course, it didn’t work out as he thought it would be. Sure, he had tried approaching her but she was the one who found him reading nasty things. He immediately covered the magazine and placed it on his back, getting rid of the evidence.

“It’s not what it looks like, I promise!”

She remained quiet. She only stared at him, as if the real answer would suddenly come out of his face and told him what it was really like. She blinked.

“I – I found t-this,” he stammered. “And I was about to return it, I swear!”

Myunghee squinted her eyes, placed the book on the shelf and immediately walked away. Jinyoung knew from the look on her face, she had already thought of nasty things about Jinyoung. Jinyoung let out a loud sigh and threw away the magazine to the floor, folding his arms as he laid back to rest his back on the wall. He didn’t care anymore about the magazine.

He cursed the open magazine that was lying on the floor, showing pictures of woman with huge s who wore red hats. That was probably the stupidest thing Jinyoung ever done because a librarian passed by him and saw that he was sitting alone.

“You!” Jinyoung heard a woman’s voice screeched.

Jinyoung looked up, dumbfounded. He saw a woman whom he assumed was a librarian, looking at him with anger. Her arms were on her hips. Jinyoung was confused but he immediately knew why she was infuriated. She then glared at Jinyoung and her gaze moved to the open magazine.

.

 

 

Hyunju laughed out loud in the cafeteria, not caring whether all attention was on her or not. Jinyoung’s face was red and he was screaming in his head, hoping for the girl in front of him to choke on air.

“Holy ,” she said in between her laugh. “Are you kidding me?”

“No,” he pouted. “And now I’m banned from entering the library ever again.”

“Man, that dude who read the magazine must be so lucky!”

“You are supposed to help me,” he gritted his teeth.

Sometimes, Hyunju can be very annoying. She was a good friend, she really was, but there were times when Jinyoung wished that they’ve never been friends. She was a tease and she can be totally mean also.

“I am helping you.”

“Then stop laughing.”

“I’m not even laughing anymore.”

Jinyoung glared at her and then rolled his eyes. He was annoyed by the fact that the girl was always right.

“Just tell me how to get to know her.”

Hyunju looked at him with an irritated look on her face. Although she didn’t want to tell him, she had to. He was her friend and he had been there since forever.

“Fine.”

 

Number two: try to talk to her – converse with her or whatever!

“,” Jinyoung mumbled as he ruffled his own hair in frustration.

Based on the timetable Hyunju had given him, Myunghee was supposed to be having Business & Technology right now – a class Jinyoung didn’t attend. However, it wasn’t like the teachers noticed if he entered. The teachers didn’t even know all of their students.

And that explains why Jinyoung was seated at the back of the table in the Business & Technology hall, observing the curly haired girl. Some may call him creepy but some may call it love. (! Love?! More like stalking!!)

Jinyoung didn’t have a watch on him (why would he even? Besides, the hall had a huge clock on the wall!) so it was kind of hard for him to tell the time. Jinyoung didn’t even listen to what the teacher was saying in front – it wasn’t like he give a damn anyway. He didn’t even have a textbook with him. In fact, he didn’t even have a ing pen.

He let out a dreamy sigh as he stared at the girl of his dreams from afar – you see, Jinyoung didn’t even know anything about the girl. But we can already establish him as a creepy stalker. Staring a girl from a far and following her wherever she goes…

But to Jinyoung, that was love.

As soon as the class was over, Jinyoung wanted to approach her and try to converse with her about whatever he had heard in the class. His purpose of entering the class was to listen to some of the bull the teacher had spouted and pretend not to know anything (when in reality, he really did not know anything) and then ask for her help.

“Oh yes, I’m a smartass,” Jinyoung proudly muttered to himself as he patted his shoulder conceitedly.

He then approached her and tap on her shoulder, causing her to turn around in confusion.

A few seconds ago, he was all confident but when he saw her face, he couldn’t just bring himself to say anything (Or so he thought… for all we know, he actually had no idea what he was about to ask her). Jinyoung tried to search for any Business & Technology terms that he had heard earlier but unfortunately, he couldn’t even remember what the teacher had said (When actually, he didn’t even listen to what he had said).

Here’s the thing with Myunghee that Jinyoung had noticed – she never spoke more than a word to him before, even when he got caught reading a magazine. Jinyoung didn’t like that if he were to be honest, he would rather Myunghee to go all ape and curse him or accuse him as a ert but no— she simply just stared at him and walked away. As if she was so ing done with him.

And it happened… yet again.

Myunghee raised her eyebrow, waiting for the raven haired boy to speak but no words came out.

‘Think, Jinyoung, think.’

His eyes were looking at everywhere but Myunghee. He desperately tried to say something but his brain refused to cooperate with him.

“Myunghee-ah?” a man with deep voice called out.

Jinyoung’s head turned towards the man. The man was quite tall and very attractive. His raven hair was cut short, indicating he was a smart man. Myunghee turned to the man with a small smile on his face.

‘WHAT. WHO ASKED THIS GUY TO COME AROUND AND STEAL HER.’

By this time, you might be face-palming.

And out of all words in the dictionary, the first word that Jinyoung heard Myunghee speak after God only knows how many months was, “Minho oppa.”

Jinyoung ended up standing there, watching the two conversed as if Jinyoung was invisible.

“How was the class? Do you like it?”

Oh, how Jinyoung wished he was that lucky son of a .

Myunghee gave Minho a small nod. “Yeah, it was great.”

Jinyoung’s vision blurred a bit as the image of him strangling the neck of Minho played in his mind. Jinyoung was the one who supposed to talk to her –not this… tall and super attractive man!

Minho turned to Jinyoung and then to Myunghee. “… Who is he?”

“Oh yeah, you want to know who the am I? I am the dude who was talking to her first – Not technically talk, but I was at least TRYING to talk to her first before you came and become a er, you ing asshat!” Jinyoung screamed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, only happened in his mind.

In reality, he only gave Minho a small smile.

But hearing Myunghee’s respond would be amazing. He wanted to know what Myunghee thought of him. But then again, he would rather not. He had left a very bad impression on Myunghee but at the same time, he was hoping Myunghee would say something nice.

Instead of saying anything, she shrugged.

‘REALLY? I AM JUST WORTH A SHRUG? NOT EVEN A WORD?!’

Minho blinked; confused to why Jinyoung was here if Myunghee didn’t know him. “… Okay,” he mumbled. “Well… do you want to go to the cafeteria and eat? Oppa’s in a good mood today so… my treat.”

Myunghee grinned and nodded.

With that, the both of them left while walking very very very very very very very closely to each other.

Jinyoung would be lying if he said he wasn’t irritated.

“God ing damn it,” he cursed.

 

 

“I don’t even know who the that guy was! Okay, well, his name is Minho and I found out that he’s taking Music and Drama and I saw him getting into a car with Myunghee and I just want to—“ Jinyoung didn’t continues his sentence with a word, instead he made a strangling motion to show how much he wanted to choke Minho.

“Is the Minho guy tall?”

“Yes.”

“Does he have like, really dark hair?”

“Yes.”

“His hair is… short?”

“Yes.”

“And he’s insanely attractive?”

Groaning, Jinyoung softly slammed his head on the table and said, “Yes.”

Hyunju smirked. “So to summarize it up— Minho is a tall, dark haired guy who is insanely attractive and you’re so jealous of him because Myunghee had chosen him over you.”

“YAH!” Jinyoung yelled out, his head was finally lifted up from the table. “She didn’t choose him over me!”

Hyunju was still smirking as she said, “Oh really?”

“They’re not even together, right?” Jinyoung tried to convince himself but the smirk on Hyunju’s face made him hesitate to believe himself. “RIGHT?” And she was still smirking.

“Oh, for ’s sake!” Jinyoung groaned and left the table.

Hyunju let out a giggle and she mumbled to herself, “He’ll figure it out soon, anyway~”

 

Number three: just tell her you like her or something so that she’ll finally realize your existence as a good human being to the Mother Nature— wait, what the am I talking about?!

Yes, Jinyoung decided to go ahead and do step 3. And this time, it wasn’t from Hyunju. Jinyoung had made the step 3 by himself and he was willing to try.

“Well , I really need to stop to make a bad impression on her,” Jinyoung muttered to himself as he hurriedly walked to anywhere his feet lead him. “Now she may think I’m a crazy erted mute guy or something.”

Jinyoung stopped in his track as the curly haired girl stepped out of the library, shining brighter than ever in Jinyoung’s eyes.

“Holy mother…”

Myunghee closed the library door and glanced at Jinyoung. Jinyoung expected at least a smile but she only glanced away, as if Jinyoung wasn’t there.

And Jinyoung was determined to change that too.

Just as she was about to get away, Jinyoung managed to grab a hold of her wrist and called out, “Hey…?”

Myunghee turned to him, bewildered with sudden action. She then stared at her wrist (which was being hold tightly by Jinyoung). Jinyoung noticed this and immediately gazed at her wrist and realized that he was holding it. Blushing, he immediately let go of her wrist and faked a cough.

Myunghee raised her eyebrow – something Jinyoung noticed she always did when Jinyoung was about to talk to her. Her action somehow made him feel uneasy and wanted to hide forever in a cave and never go out.

“Do you remember me?” Jinyoung began. ‘For ’s sake, Jinyoung! Of course she remembers you, you’re that psycho she found in the library holding a magazine! And oh, not to mention you’re the dude that was standing there when she was talking with the superior Minho!’

Slowly, she answered, “Yes.”

‘Oh god, SHE’S TALKING TO ME.’

Jinyoung’s lips formed into a smile, suddenly feeling confident as she muttered a ‘yes’.

“Well I’m the guy who ate your cupcake, remember?”

“Um yeah. You’re the guy who complimented me while having a lot of cream and sprinkles on your mouth.”

“Excuse me?” Jinyoung’s face immediately fell. And all of a sudden, the flashback played in his mind. ‘! No wonder Hyunju was giggling!’

Myunghee forced a smile.

“I’m sorry I was too hungry at that time and your cupcake was really good,” Jinyoung reasoned.

“Thanks.”

And silence.

“… Well?” Myunghee asked, waiting for him to say something.

“I… Well, I,” he stammered. For some reason, he finally forgot what he was supposed to do. Maybe he was cursed to be mute whenever he was near Myunghee.

Myunghee raised her eyebrow yet again.

Just then, Jinyoung saw Minho and unfortunately for him, Minho was heading their way – probably going to again, Jinyoung assumed. Seeing Minho immediately cause Jinyoung to be determined to confess Myunghee.

“I like you.”

Myunghee stared at Jinyoung. Jinyoung was hoping for some respond— maybe a slap or anything at all, just to let Jinyoung know that Myunghee really got that inside her head.

But no respond from her.

Minho was getting closer and Jinyoung just wanted to shove him out of the way. But obviously, Jinyoung couldn’t do that (no matter how much he wanted to) because he’ll make another bad impression on Myunghee.

“I mean… you know, I really like the cupcake you made because oh , it taste so divine and I just love it and I really love the way you smile when I complimented you it feels like someone stepped on my stomach or something, or what do they call that? Butterflies, oh yeah, butterflies. Now I sound like a schoolgirl, aren’t I? And I’m sorry for making bad impression on you, I swear to God, I wasn’t reading an magazine in the library I found it and I was planning to return it— but that doesn’t mean I WANTED to read it, I just wanted to check whether the magazine has a name or not and I entered this stupid Business & Technology class you’re attending just to talk to you— make a conversation or whatsoever just like what Hyunju noona had said and then this er came a long and here he goes,” Jinyoung rambled.

Myunghee only stared at him as he talked – he was talking so fast Myunghee could only grasp a few words.

“Hey,” Minho greeted; a hand on Myunghee’s shoulder.

Myunghee let out a small laugh, causing Jinyoung to be dumbfounded. Soon enough, she was loudly laughing with her hand covering . Minho looked at the girl with a puzzled expression. Jinyoung’s eyes widened.

“Oppa,” Myunghee tried to stop laughing as she looked at Minho. “I think he thinks we’re dating.”

“Aren’t you guys? I mean, look at how your eyes are sparkling when you talk to him and how you talk a lot when you’re with him and I saw you entered his car yesterday,” Jinyoung mumbled.

Minho and Myunghee looked at each other and then shared a laugh, causing the outsider to feel very stupid.

“What are you… a stalker?” Minho asked between his laughs.

“He is my brother, for God’s sake!” Myunghee added.

That was when Jinyoung realized how stupid he was. His eyes were wide as saucers and his face was as red as a tomato. “Oh.”

“Myunghee-ah, I’ll be waiting at the parking lot,” Minho said as he tried so hard to suppress his laughter.

“Okay, okay,” Myunghee grinned.

Jinyoung watched as Minho walked away and then turned to Myunghee, who was already had her hand on , trying not to laugh so loud. Jinyoung’s face became redder.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

Jinyoung let out a nervous giggle. “I really am an idiot, huh?”

“Quite,” Myunghee teased. “Hyunju unnie had told me everything though.”

For the second time, Jinyoung’s face fell. “What?”

Myunghee nodded.

Jinyoung facepalmed. “I should’ve known,” Jinyoung mumbled. Now he knew why she was smirking when Jinyoung had told her about Minho earlier. That little knew all along yet she had made no effort to tell Jinyoung and instead, let her best friend suffer from humiliation.

“She told me that you like me and stuff…” Myunghee shyly said, her gaze was on the floor, refusing to look at Jinyoung. “And that you tried to get my attention?”

And Jinyoung realized that he liked this side of Myunghee too— she looked less intimidating and Jinyoung liked that. Quite a lot.

“That noona is good for nothing,” Jinyoung huffed.

“She’s quite hard to handle too,” Myunghee added.

Jinyoung turned to her with disbelief. “I thought I was the only one who thinks like that!”

Myunghee shrugged.

“But… uh, what do you say?”

“About what?”

“About me liking you?”

Myunghee’s cheeks turned crimson red. “I don’t know… I think you’re adorable too?”

“Ya, I didn’t say that— wait, what?” Jinyoung’s eyes widened.

“Well, okay, bye. My brother is waiting for me in the car, see you soon?” Myunghee abruptly said as she turned away, walking away from Jinyoung with hurried steps.

Jinyoung’s lips formed into a grin. “Do you like me too?” he yelled out.

Myunghee turned around, his demeanor was cold again as she shrugged.

“Hey!” he yelled out again. “Can I call you?”

When Myunghee turned around this time, she gave him a small smile and shrugged.

Jinyoung let out a sigh as he watched her walk away. He then took out his phone and saw that someone had already left him a message.

 

From: Little Noona

Yah, Park Jinyoung!!! I hope you
finally realized how much of a fool
you are~ Mehrong~~~

 

“This little ,” Jinyoung mumbled with a smile.