Chapter 1

Not what it seems

     You run out the door late again. Why couldn’t your roommate just leave your alarm clock alone for once? You shove a piece of toast in your month as you run/hop out of the door as you slip your shoes on. This happened to you every day since you move to Korea. Heck why lie to yourself you were never very good with being on time but this was something that you wanted to change. A new place, new school, new life. So you thought why not a new you? You huff and puff as you stop in front of the bus just in time before it left you. As you wait in line to get onto the bus you look in your bag for your wallet and your heart drops. ooh no why why why not again you stand there thinking as you panic. ”agashi?” you look up to see the bus driver looking at you “are you on or off” just as you are about to turn around to go back home and fetch your wallet and be super late yet again you hear a voice ring out “ahjusshi ring me for two please” your whole being lights up as you hear yong guks voice behind you “oh Jesus you are a life saver” you sigh in relief as you board the bus with him. “Running late again I see” you look around and try and play dumb “late who is late I was on time and up and ready just because I left my wallet at home doesn’t mean anything” you pout as you pretend your feelings are hurt. “really you’re not late huh” bang said as you hear the laugh in his voice “well if you’re not late why are you wearing two completely different socks there’s that and the fact that you still have jelly on the corner of your mouth from that toast you usually eat when you run out the door” as he says this he reaches up and brushes the corner of your mouth with his thumb. You blush and quickly cover your mouth with your hand and wipe at what was left of the smear. You look up just in time to see yongguk stick his thumb in his mouth to the jelly off. Oh Jesus you think why is he so hot. “Ok ok so you caught me I was late you know how jin na is she needs her beauty rest” you say to him as you put the way he makes you feel at the back of your head. “right she is your room mate why doesn’t she just give you a ride to school you guys have the same morning class right?” you just give him a stare “nope I’m good I actually like the bus” that wasn’t the whole truth but part of it was that sleeping princess back there was a pain in your rear end and the least amount of contact you can have with her the better plus you think with a smile the bus has such a better view. “Speaking of my roommate she keeps asking about you” you say as you rely as you were instructed to do. “Oh well that is nice of her to ask about me what did she ask” bang said off handedly you try and gauge his reaction like again you were told “you know if you were feeling well and that she hasn’t seen you in forever” you recite from what she told you to say. As usual he doesn’t say much to that and you guys just enjoy the rest bus ride in silence. You both hop off when you arrive at the campus and head in. Unfortunately you arrive at the exact same time as your roommate who looks like she had gotten plenty of rest. You inwardly cringe as she spots the both of you get off the bus and see the gleam in her eyes “yah” she calls over to you in a high pitch fake voice. Great you think as she prances over to you both. She playfully hits you on the shoulder “why didn’t you just wait for me to take you” she says this as though she is speaking to you but the whole time she is looking at bang. However all he has time for it seems is his phone. She looks a bit annoyed but then recovers “oh yongguk I didn’t know you took the bus as well, you know I would love to pick you up” she giggles after her last comment like it was the kindest offer in the world “hmmm huh” bang said as if just noticing Jin na for the first time “nope I am fine, hey I’ll catch you later I gotta book it” he turned to you and gave you a hug as usual. And as usual you tense up every time. For someone who was born and raised in Korea he sure was free with his hugs or maybe that was just a stereo type. You look to the side and see Jin na try and seem calm like it was only right that she get a hug as well. “Take care Ms. Park” bang said as he turned around and bowed his goodbye to jin na.  You had to hold back your laughter as you see her deflate. “See you later” she says trying to remain chipper. You turn away to go into the building but get pulled back by jin na. “Yah why didn’t you tell me you were going to see him” you take a deep breath as you wait yet again for the interrogation that was bound to come. “I forgot that he had class this morning as well Jin na” you try and walk away as you are pulled back yet again.  “what is it this time” you sigh as you face her yet again “well what did he say” she looks at you pointedly “what he usually says jin-na that it was very nice of you to ask about him” she smiles a bit “I almost have him I can feel it” she looks out at nothing in particular as she does this you try and slip by so you could go to class but as you do she pulls yet again. “Oh come on jin-na you know it hard for me to be on time can you at least let me be this once” she glares at you “you aren’t thinking about trying to have him are you?” you rolls your eyes she did this every time she sees you guys together “no jin-na” you repeat in a monotone voice for the hundredth time “we are just friends and that is all we will ever be can I go now?” she looks you up and down as she usually did “of course bang would have more taste than you I mean I know you have something somewhere. You poor thing tsk tsk tsk” you look at her like she is insane “whatever jin-na I need to go” you turn to go and this time she doesn’t stop you. She really pisses you off sometimes she really thought it was ok to talk to people like that. Just as you entered class you the teacher enters in as well. “Everyone settle down we need to begin.” Just as the teacher began writing on the board the door opens and all the girls go wild. “Hey hey hey settle down” the teacher shouts “control your hormones you’re not in high school anymore……. Young man may I ask who you are?” the mystery man turns towards the teacher bows then to the class and flash a brilliant smile “my name is Choi Jin Hyuk I am here to be a teacher’s assistant sorry for being late”