Chapter 1

Flowers and Hearts

Chapter 1


         Being born as a rich daughter or son stinks.You got the money and power,but you can never find the real meaning of happiness although not all rich people have distressing attitude.Hye Seon hates it. She really,really,really hates being rich.She even wished that she wants to be  a poor girl, who has nothing but a  loving and supporting  family. Her parents also gave her that love and support financially,but she seldom feels the real love of her parents.They are most of the time away  and goes around the  world  because of business,and she hates feeling alone at their huge mansion with only her old nanny,who has been taking care of her even before  she first opened her eyes.

         Hye Seon resumes eating her strawberry cake at their dining room when all of a sudden their telephone sounded.Her nanny took the phone and  answered,"Hello, Jung residence?How can I help you?"

   She looked up,curious of whom nanny was talking to. All she heard was,"Yes,yes.Your daughter is fine.It's just that,she's been missing you lately and I can clearly feel that,Young Ra."

   "Tell her that  I will be coming home this weekend,Nanny.And also,please tell her that her daddy will be visiting her this coming Friday to tell her something urgent."

    "Yes,madam.I will take note of that.Goodbye." Nanny kept nodding her head as a yes to what her mom told her and ended the call.

    Hye Seon slowly digested the information and presume that it is her mommy.She misses her corny jokes,her superior cooking skills and those memories she kept inside her heart. All she wants is her mommy beside her.Nothing more.

    "What  did mommy said,Nanny?" Hye Seon questioned her after she placed her utensils at the counter and drank her glass of water.

    Her nanny resumed cleaning the floor using the vacuum and  responded timidly," She'll be coming home this weekend,Darling.Also,your father wants to see you this Friday."

  Hye Seon's smile turned into a glare. Of all people who wants to visit her why is it her father is chosen? Her nanny,who knew her since birth,saw  her  sour expression and  convinced her,"Everything's gonna be alright,Hye Seon. Your father might miss you,after all."

Ha! Her own father will visit her just because she misses her daughter?That's absurd. She bitterly thought. She  hates her father,alright.But there is still a part of her that wants  to see her dad even though he already have a new girlfriend that is just ten years older than her and twenty years younger than her dad. Hye Seon once saw her father's girlfriend,carrying a five years old girl when they had a 'family bonding ' two years ago and ended their bonding with a fail.

   They were eating at a cafe at the mall.Hye Seon gritted  her teeth  but remained composure whilst looking at the couple with a baby in front of her. She crossed her legs and swinged back and forth,intentionally hitting Soo Jeon. Soo Jeon looked up at her,giving Hye Seon a confuse look on her face  and Hye Seon innocently smiled."What? Go on,do your business.I don't mind." Her dad noticed the way her daughter talk to Soo Jeon,which he found odd.So her dad cleared his throat and began."So,Hye Seon,meet Soo Jeon, my officemate--"

"Correction,father.It's your girlfriend."She turned to Soo Jeon and said,"You are the girlfriend of my  father?That's cool! No wonder you have no sense of taste towards guys and ended up falling for my dear old father."She explained sardonically.She gave  her father a deadly stare and gestured her father to continue speaking. "Soo Jeon,meet my daughter,Hye Seon."

 Soo Jeon gave her a  smile which  Hye Seon didn't return. She sipped  her Espresso  and waited for her dad to do the next  thing.Silence wrapped around their atmosphere except the soft classical music played inside the cafe. "How old are you,Hye Seon?"

She stared at her and shortly replied." sixteen."

"Oh,I see."She looked down at the girl with a smile and said,"Meet Ae Rin.Your sister.Isn't she adorable?"

That alarmed her.Never in her whole existence she can have a sister. She had enough. "Listen,you woman!" She glared at her.She wants to remain calm but the fact horrifies her. "Don't you dare mention that I have a sister.In the first place we're not blood-related.And to think you have the right to spat those words into my face?"

"Hye Seon." Her father looks around,checking whether someone heard them."Keep your voice low."

"And you are defending your girlfriend?" Hye Seon felt her heart torn into pieces,thinking her father is actually defending her girlfriend instead of her own daughter.She stood up from her place and turned to her father."You are such a great father.You and mom did not yet even file a divorce  yet you had the guts to come back to your flings?"

"Flings?" He ghastly repeated which made Soo Jeon gasped.

"Yes!" She momentarily stared at Soo Jeon and to the Ae Rin." Don't you know that my father has a daughter,Soo Jeon?"

"I..I know that-" She stuttered,not knowing what to do,to react or what to say.

"Then why did you chose my father where in fact there are a lot of good-looking young man out there,huh?" She stopped and took a breath before saying," Are you up to my father's money and that's why you lived with him?"

Before Soo Jeon could even reply,her father landed her palm so hard on Hye Seon's cheek and  go red. She rubbed her swollen cheek and Soo Jeon stood up and questioned her father,"Suk Hyun! Why did you do that to your daughter?"

People inside the cafe turned to watch what is going on and murmurs rumors that fled from one person to the other.

"You have no right to say that,Hye Seon." Suk Hyun stated  with rage. Soo Jeon's heart soften,seeing Hye Seon got hurt by her very own dad. "Are you okay,Hye Seon?" Soo Jeon tried to reach out her hand to her face but Hye Seon slapped her hands away."Go away,Soo Jeon."She bowed her head to hide her humiliation.

 "Even as a child,dad.I knew the truth even before mom told me everything." a tear ran down on her cheeks. She picked her slingbag and declared."I'm going home,father." And turned to Soo Jeon."You'll never see me again,ever."

On that day onwards,She loathed her father and wished that he was not her dad.