一 hallyuamateur

FALLING SKIES ▬ GALLERY EDITION ONE
DOTTED BACKGROUND

L


e Charein's world is changed when a pianist named Seunghyun comes to live with her adopted family in the country side.

Title Your title is really eye-catching and distinctive. So far it is the only fanfic in AFF to have that title. This will attract many readers surfing the tags of your story.

Foreword and Description The description of the story is too brief. One sentence can not sum up a story filled with deep and dark secrets. That line is really dull and blank. Your story is sophisticated and interesting. You need to show that by adding more detail in you description. How you want to present your description is entirely up to you, though I suggest a subtle way to approach it. Fonts, colours/colors and backgrounds play an important part in attracting and capturing the reader's attention. Maybe add in a character chart to explain the characters better, such as their personalities and abilities displayed throughout the story.

Plot I have not encountered a fanfic starring two pianists but I am sure there are a number of stories out there possessing a similar plot. It is a little cliche in the genre of romance; one of the characters in the main couple has a deep secret and the other is determined to sort it out with them. However, you have drawn the reader in, coercing them to figure the secret out with the little clues you have left behind, and that keeps them on their toes, making them want to keep reading your story.

Characterization  I think you did a pretty good job at creating intriguing personalities with the characters. I find it interesting that Chaerin is portrayed as a loving "mother" who takes good care of her adopted family. She really gave that warm vibe and it's hard to not despise her. I like how Seunghyun is a meek and quiet man who is fairly adaptable to his surroundings. However, you need to write more detail into his personality because I find it hard to describe him.

 Writing Style I'm not sure if you're doing this deliberately, but throughout your three chapters, you've marked Seunghyun as "he". It's too repetitive and scenes featuring a few male characters gets the reader confused as to who you are referring to when you say "he". Also, you have changed the perspectives of the story mutiple times. By saying "Lee Chaerin's world is changed when a pianist named Seunghyun comes to live with her adopted family in the countryside" in the foreword tells the reader the story will be set in Chaerin's perspective. In the first chapter, it is set in no one's perspective however in the middle of the chapter, it instantly switches to Seunghyun's. Although you clearly stated who's eyes the reader was seeing through, switching perspectives out of the blue is a big turn off for the audience.

Spelling and Grammar Overall, you did a pretty good job on this part. There are a few mistakes and confusing scenes - that I perhaps misunderstood - I picked up;
- In Chapter One, the introduction of Youngbae is a little too abrupt. Say something like, "The shorter of the two boys glanced up and scrutinised the stranger."
- You spelt "knock" wrong in this sentence: "Chaerin is the only one who bothers to kock anymore,"
- When the characters are preparing to go out in the snow, Hayi yells "Hyung!" except Hayi is a female and she is calling Chaerin and so the term should be "Unnie". If you aren't Korean, "hyung" is when a male calls for an older male and it's the same thing with "unnie"; the female version.
- Just a little formality thing here, any title from a book or song should be in quotation marks, and I am referring to "Chopin's Nocturnes" here.
- I'm confused with the scene where Seunghyun brings Jiyong to the household. Is Seunghyun's friend and Kim Woobin's friend the same Jiyong? If it is, is Seunghyun not smart enough to realise seeing that Chaerin briefly introduced Woobin's friend to Seunghyun?

Overall Enjoyment I enjoyed your story, though I wouldn't mark it as a favourite on my list just yet. Your plot is interesting and I'm intrigued as to where it is headed. You've effectively established a lot in three chapters so good job on that.

STAFF IMAGE

bebz

exoexoexolellel, reviewer 

 

je te veux | by hallyuamateur

 

Reminder that you must comment to pick up your review. Additionally, please credit us in your story description/foreword. If you would like to provide a link to your review, do not link this chapter. Please hyperlink your link to our gallery copy of this review.

 

Thank you for requesting at Falling Skies.