Page 01

Withered Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bits of raindrops flowed down the window of the school’s library. The trees were swaying mad as the strong winds blew against it. It’s been almost an hour since it started raining and Jaehee had a blank expression on her face, her arms crossed as she looked out the chaos she sees outside the window. The pavements have become too wet: some parts have even formed little puddles with which some of the students of Hanguk University have been stepping on creating loud splashes of water. Most of the students are in a hurry to find shelter, some were persistent enough to face the weather and go home. Jaehee, on the other hand, had no choice but to stay inside the cold library and wait for every student to get out before she could do so.

 

“Ms. Park?”

 

Jaehee turned and walked to the other side of the counter as a student called her name.

 

“Yes?”

“I’m here to borrow these two books please.”

 

Jaehee raised an eyebrow at the student and took out her hand without a word. The student, who seemed like a first year, handed out the books he was to borrow. Jaehee quickly took it off his hands and stamped at the borrow cards at the back of the books.

 

“Due by next week. I presume you know the consequences of not returning them on time?”

“Y-yes, Ms. Park.”

 

The student hurriedly took his books and quickly walked away, wanting to escape from the cold aura the said librarian was giving him. Jaehee sat down and looked outside the window. Some people would usually hate this type of weather. People would usually go for a sunny and bright type of day. Some would prefer a bit of rain. But as for Jaehee, a lot of rain makes her feel secure and safe. It gives her a tiny tinge of happiness. The weather somewhat tells her she’s not alone. The weather brings up happy memories, but the fact that they’re nothing more than mere memories playing like a flashback video on repeat inside her head, made them really painful.

 

The terror librarian. The monster-like guardian of the university’s books. These were some of the many nicknames she heard the students have come up with. In contrast to her undeniable good looks, she has a very prickle personality. Although she only works part time, she was recognized by most of the students—especially those of the male population. However, no one dared to approach her.

 

 

Finally, the time for her to close down the library came. After checking every table and shelf for any misplaced books, she let out a sigh and sat down once again on her counter before heading out. She took out her phone and was not that surprised when she saw 25 unread messages. The last time she checked her phone was merely 4 hours ago. She rolled her eyes knowing who had been disturbing her phone.

 

Jaehee ya, I’m back!

 

I bought some really great stuff!

 

Where are you?

 

What time do you get off?

 

Hey, I’m really hungry.

 

Jaehee ya, be a good dongsaeng and buy me food

 

Hello?

 

Ya, Park Jaehee!

 

I’m coming over to pick you up, ok?

 

All Jaehee could do was let out a small chuckle. As far she knows, only one guy in this world, next to her deceased father, can make her smile. She took her bags and stood outside the library as she waited for her brother to come. She felt the evening breeze blow against her cheeks. She closed her eyes and breathed in the cool and fresh air brought by the rain which just finished a few minutes ago. The serenity of the quiet place without anyone around made her feel comfortable. As she opened her eyes, she saw her brother’s car drifting towards the building’s entrance.

 

“Park Jaehee!!! My very pretty dongsaeng!!!”

 

Her brother shouted as soon as he got out the car and ran towards his sister and hugged her tight.

 

“Ya, Park Chanyeol, you missed me that much? How’s China?”

“China’s pretty boring without you. So… of course I missed you, you babo. Let’s go!!”

 

Why is he still treating her like a total teenager who seemed like she just got on her 1st part time job? Well, Chanyeol couldn’t leave his sister alone after what she went through… after what he had let her go through by hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter