Friends Forever (oneshot)

Friends Forever

Friends Forever (one-shot)

Jessica’s POV

               I think it all started at the graduation ceremony we had at the end of the school year. We all graduated; while walking to Taeyeon, my ultimate best friend, I tripped over my high heels and went flying. Luckily Taeyeon’s boyfriend, Leeteuk caught me. When he caught me, he tipped me so low that our noses almost touched. I had seen his whole face, so beautiful and tan that I fell into a bad disease: love. For the rest of the graduation, I had to avoid making eye contact with Leeteuk, and even more Taeyeon. I was worried that eye contact with Taeyeon would give my expression away too easily…

               Taeyeon found this odd, so she confronted me one day and asked me why we never talked anymore. I felt horrible for bringing a sad frown to Taeyeon –my best friend-‘s face. So I decided to tell her the truth. “Taeyeon unnie… do you really want to know what happened?” I looked into her concerned brown eyes. She was my closest friend. I didn’t know whether it was a good choice to tell her the truth… and hurt her.

               Taeyeon looked fiercely into my eyes. “I don’t know… You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to.” She got up to leave.

               “It’s me!” I blurted out. Taeyeon turned to face me once again. I guiltily peered back at Taeyeon. “I love Leeteuk. I’m in love with your boyfriend, unnie.” Instantly after I admitted this, I felt the burden come off me. Fearfully but confidently, I peered up at Taeyeon who had tears in her eyes. At that moment, I knew that our friendship was no longer the same. I got up and left Taeyeon all by herself.

               Every day after was no longer the same. Taeyeon and I were no longer friends anymore. Taeyeon was always fearful that I would steal Leeteuk from her so she was extremely cautious to ensure that I didn’t steal her boyfriend. “Teuk oppa, don’t eat that yet!” Taeyeon grabbed the spoon out of Leeteuk’s hand and ate it first. “Wait oppa,” Taeyeon poked her head into the room first to make sure that it was safe for him to enter. “Leeteuk! Why didn’t you pick up?!” Taeyeon hugged Leeteuk from behind, “I was so worried that…”

               Leeteuk started to feel that Taeyeon was acting strange. “Taeyeon, why are you always so anxious? Are you okay?” he Taeyeon’s cheeks.

               “Leeteuk, never leave me…” Taeyeon pouted.

               “Oh, silly thing…” Leeteuk hugged her tightly. Taeyeon felt safe in his arms, but she was still scared that Jessica would steal her boyfriend…

               “Yo, Leeteuk! We’re going to a party tonight. Join us?” Choi Siwon had his arm around his girlfriend, Kwon Yuri.

               “Can I bring Taeyeon along?” Leeteuk asked. Maybe bringing her to a party would relax her.

               “Yep, no problem! I mean, I’m going to bring my sweety pie too!” Siwon nuzzled noses with Yuri.

               “Alright then, I’ll be there.” Leeteuk eagerly agreed. “See you later!”

<3

               As Leeteuk walked home, he thought about phoning Taeyeon to tell her about the party he intended to take her to. As he held his white angel-winged phone, Leeteuk was startled as his phone suddenly began to vibrate. It was Taeyeon calling! Perfect timing! He quickly picked up, “Hello dear?”

               “Teuk, we can’t meet up tonight. My mom is taking me out shopping. So I guess we’ll just reschedule our date for another time…” Taeyeon apologized.

               “Oh, okay. That’s fine… Have fun then. Leeteuk reassured her. It was fine, he’d just go alone.

               “Be careful, sweetie!” Taeyeon warned.

               “I will, don’t worry.” Leeteuk replied and hung up.

<3

               “Did you invite him?” I glanced at Siwon with my hands on my hips.

               “Yeah, I did.” Siwon replied.

               “Okay, thanks a bunch!” I smiled.

<3

No one’s POV

               Leeteuk entered Jessica’s house, where the party was taking place. When he was inside, he instantly recognized Siwon with Yuri, Ryeowook with Yoona, and Sooyoung with Sungmin. Leeteuk really wished that Taeyeon could’ve come, because he felt a bit lonely in such a crowded environment. As he peered from side to side again, Leeteuk saw Jessica, the host of the party. Leeteuk walked over to Jessica and greeted her with a warm smile. “It’s a nice party you organized.”

               Jessica smiled back and flipped her smooth, brown hair over her shoulder. “Hey~ Thanks!” Jessica was beautiful, but Taeyeon was his ONLY appeal. Leeteuk looked around, “I’m kind of thirsty. I’m going to get a drink.”

               “Okay, I’ll come with you.” Jessica followed Leeteuk.

               “Ummm, sure…” Leeteuk shrugged. As the night progressed, Leeteuk noticed that Jessica was “glued” to him. Leeteuk decided to stick around some of his guy friends to be safe.

               “Oppa, can we dance?” Jessica asked Leeteuk.

               “Uhhh…” Leeteuk glanced at Jessica. He was only her best friend’s boyfriend. (He didn’t know that they were no longer friends and had fought.)

               “C’mon,” Jessica dragged Leeteuk to the dance floor. Slow music was playing so Jessica left no distance between them. She wrapped her arms around his neck and placed his hands on her waist.

               Leeteuk thought about how he’d danced with Taeyeon only once and now he was dancing with another girl. He abruptly dropped his arms from her waist and stepped back, creating distance between the two.

               Before he knew it, Jessica kissed him on the lips. Startled, Leeteuk pulled away. His eyes met Jessica’s sly, catty eyes. “No,” he left the dance floor. Jessica had been making tonight the most awkward night! Hello?! Taeyeon was her best friend AND his girlfriend.

               Jessica followed Leeteuk while shouting, “Leeteuk, I’ve liked you for some time now!”

               Leeteuk continued to walk.

               “I know you enjoyed that! Isn’t that why you still came even though Taeyeon couldn’t?” Jessica pointed out.

               Leeteuk stopped and turned around. “What about Taeyeon?”

               Jessica looked fiercely into his eyes,” It’s the end of high school. And a new beginning. Taeyeon will be your past and I’ll be your present and future!” Jessica argued.

               “No, Taeyeon’s my life FOREVER,” Leeteuk left the party and got into his car. In the mirror he saw Jessica getting farther and farther.

               Leeteuk drove to Taeyeon’s house and took out his white angel winged phone. He called Taeyeon.

               “Hello, oppa?” Taeyeon’s chipmunk voice entered.

               “Let’s get married,” Leeteuk said. In fact he had meant to say something else. But this…

               “Oppa!” Taeyeon squeaked in surprise.

               “I’ll officially propose to you soon, but will you marry me? Let’s be together forever.” Leeteuk promised.

               “Okay, oppa. Saranghae…” Taeyeon smiled, “Why oppa, why all of a sudden?”

               “Cuz, I want you to be mine forever.” Leeteuk smiled. NO ONE WOULD BREAK THEM APART.

<3

               “Jessica! Why are you crying,” Donghae, Jessica’s ex saw Jessica crying while sitting on her porch. He joined Jessica sitting on the porch. Although they’d broken up more than a year ago, Donghae still cared for her and watched over her.

               “I’m in love with my past best friend’s boyfriend…” Jessica gushed. Donghae felt a bit hurt at Jessica’s crying over another man. “But he doesn’t love me.”

               Donghae felt an urge to hold her, to take care of her. “Even if he doesn’t love you, there are many others who do.” He suddenly hugged her in a warm embrace which also surprised Jessica. “It hurts me to see you crying over another man.” He wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead.

               “Donghae oppa, you love me?!!!” Jessica was startled. Even after she had dumped him and hurt him many times in the past….

               “My ice princess… I don’t think you really loved your best friend’s boyfriend. I thnk you felt something, but it wasn’t love. It was gratitude. You should men your friendship with Taeyeon because those feelings weren’t supposed to be hurt.” Donghae reasoned.

               “Maybe you’re right.” Jessica remembered those times when she had been happy with her boyfriend- Donghae and her best friend-Taeyeon. Since when had she become so selfish; when had she changed so much?

               Jessica decided to visit Taeyeon. She went over to her house and rang on the doorbell. Taeyeon opened the door and meekly let her in. She still looked hurt and a bit upset; this made Jessica’s heart tighten in pain.

               “Look, Taeyeon, I know that you probably hate me now, but… I’m sincerely sorry.” Jessica peered at Taeyeon’s face which began to soften a bit.

               “Jessica, I was never mad at you. Even though we were at odds for some time, I wasn’t angry with you,” Taeyeon confessed.

               Jessica was surprised, “Oh, really?” she hugged Taeyeon tightly. She felt Taeyeon hug her back. Then the waterworks started.

               “Jessica, why are you crying?” Taeyeon felt a bit sad too. Her eyes also got watery.

               “I’m the worst friend ever… I don’t deserve your forgiveness.” Jessica sobbed.

               “Jessica, would you be my maid of honor? I’m getting married to Leeteuk.” Taeyeon asked. This was also a test…

               “Of course! Congratulations!” Jessica patted Taeyeon on the back. “Can I bring Donghae as my partner?” She didn’t want Taeyeon to have any suspicions at her. She wanted to make her best friend’s wedding the best.

               “Of course!” Taeyeon smiled. Their friendship was now repaired. Nothing would ever break their friendship ever again!

THE END