With Taeyeon's Silence

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With Taeyeon's Silence
(TaengSic)

 

"You can't be 'just friends' with someone you love with your whole heart. It's not possible."

Jessica sits on her bed, alone, thinking of that one sentence that has been replaying in her head ever since she heard it from Taeyeon an hour ago. She smiles as she shakes her head, not being able to forget that painful look on Taeyeon's face. How silly. She thinks. Taking a deep breath, she takes slow steps out of her room.

She knocks on Taeyeon's door, but no one answers. "Taeyeon, open up." Still, no answer. Jessica turns the doorknob for herself, but it's locked. She sighs, but the smile on her face stays. Shaking her head, she makes her way back to her room to fetch a pin. She arrives in front of Taeyeon's door again in no time. Skillfully, she picks the lock without difficulty. Taking a deep breath, she turns the knob again. This time, it opens. The moment the door opens, a shocked Taeyeon with a tear-stained face turns to look at Jessica, before she turns away, not wanting her tears to be seen. Jessica takes gentle steps towards Taeyeon, but she stops before she reaches the bed where Taeyeon is sitting on.

Jessica says nothing. Instead, she starts singing.

"Everything is gray under these skies, wet mascara, hiding every cloud under a smile. When there are cameras, and I just can't reach out to tell you, that I always wonder what you're up to."

Taeyeon turns her head slightly, but not enough to be able to see Jessica.

"I always wonder what you're up to, Taeng." Jessica crosses her arms, her loving eyes still fixed on Taeyeon's back. "You, Taeyeon," she continues, "affect me in the ways you don't know you do."

This time, Taeyeon isn't able to hold back as she turns to meet Jessica's eyes.

"Do you know who can't keep her eyes off you all the time?" With Taeyeon's silence, Jessica answers, "Me."

"Do you know who gets worried almost the whole time about you?" Wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter