Just A Kiss

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUST A KISS
(TaengSic)
OST: Just A Kiss

Taeyeon achieves all-kill once again.

The Korean phenomenon Kim Taeyeon does it again!

The Goddess strikes back. Kim Taeyeon.

Taeyeon leaned back onto her couch, mindlessly scrolling through the articles regarding her comeback, before she tapped on the Instagram icon. She was well loved not only in Korea, but also worldwide. It was four in the morning, comments from her fans were still flowing in non-stop on her Instagram.

I love your voice Taeyeon unnie! I'm listening to it now!

Taeyeon unnie fighting!

It's so good to see your smile. It brightens up my day. :)

Everyone would be expecting Taeyeon to smile while looking through those comments. Truth was, she wasn't. She had two more hours before her first schedule for that day would start, and she was dead tired. But, she couldn't sleep. Letting out a sigh, she set her phone down on the coffee table in front of her and picked up the can of beer instead. She took a sip, and her face scruched up almost immediately at the bitter taste. But that couldn't compare to how her heart was feeling. Things were beginning to attack her mind again. Grabbing the can tighter, she held it to and chugged the whole can of beer down. She crushed the can when she was done, and the familiar tears found their way to her eyes once more.

She had the love from her fans almost twenty-four-seven. They never failed to turn up at the airport when she had to travel overseas for schedules. They never failed to bring her gifts. They never failed to cheer loudly for her. They never failed to leave heartwarming comments on her social networks. She was supposed to feel loved, and actually, she did. But there was a huge hole in her heart that would never, ever mend. It was the price she had to pay, in exchange for all those love from her fans today. There were times when she wondered if she had made the right decision. Would she have been better off if she didn't choose that path for herself then? Her head fell backwards, landing on the top of backrest with a thud. The same scene played in her head once again.

"What do you mean...?"

"I can't go to the States with you Sica ya..."

"We have already bought the tickets. And... I... Are you... We..."

"I can't give this up. It's now or never. I'm never gonna have a second chance if I let this up. So... So we..."

"No... Taeyeon you can't do this."

"I'm sorry..."

"You promised! You promised to go to the States with me and then we will complete our education there! We agreed on this a long time ago Taeyeon!" Tears were already flowing down Jessica's cheeks.

"Sica..." The older girl's eyes brimmed with tears.

"I can't stay here any longer. I have to be back in the States. You can't do this to me!"

"I... I don't have a choice..."

"How long? How long will you need?!" Jessica's tone was desperate. She was nearly broken, just nearly.

"I don't know... If I do this... I may do it for... I don't know... The contract states ten years...at least..."

"No..." Jessica cried, burying her face into her hands. "No..."

The two girls sat at the Han River, the place that held most of their happy memories. The loud crying slowly subsided to silent tears. It was half an hour after, before Jessica spoke up.

"I only have one question for you, Taeyeon..." Taeyeon stayed silent, not moving an inch, except for the tears that never stopped streaming down. Jessica decided to continue, all the same. "Me, or your dream. Choose."

Taeyeon clenched her jaw as more tears welled up in her eyes. Wasn't the truth already right before their eyes? She had to take the chance. She only had one choice. But that choice wasn't Jessica.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Jessica pressed on, but anyone could hear how badly her voice was shaking. When two minutes had passed and Taeyeon still hadn't say a word, Jessica finally turned to look at Taeyeon with tear-filled eyes and trembling lips. "I got it..." Seeing the tear stains on Taeyeon's face only made Jessica's heart ache even more. "I didn't know...all I meant to you was...this." Jessica almost whimpered. She looked down for a moment and took a deep breath, before she looked up at Taeyeon for the last time. "I... I wish that you will become the star that everyone adores. Just... Just don't forget that among all of those who a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter