Distance

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DISTANCE
(TaengSic)

 

Eyelashes fluttering slowly, Taeyeon stares blankly at the ceiling as she lies on her couch. It is barely midnight, but exhaustion is clearly an understatement right now that she is back to her practice-heavy routine for their upcoming Oh!GG debut. Truth to be told, she is not all that excited. Nine members. She recalls so vividly, the image of all nine of them, nervous as they could be before they first took that stage as Girls' Generation. Eight members. They lost Jessica. Taeyeon shakes her head. She is not about to let herself get into that mood again. And now, five? The now twenty-nine-year-old heaves a soft sigh. She does not like this. Not a single bit.

She misses Tiffany, not any less than she had imagined previously before the girl left for America. Another sigh. She rubs her forehead, eyes closed with all that chaos in her head, and then she runs her fingers through the top of her light brown hair. "It's tiring," the words escape her lips in a whisper, before her eyes shoot open with her silver toy poodle, Zero's sudden bark. "What?" she asks softly, though slight annoyance is lingering in her tone. The sight that welcomes her when she sits up is not exactly what she needs in such a mood – the small puddle of yellow on her floor just a metre away from Zero.

"Hey you– Argh!" Eyebrows furrowed, she stands up, rolling her eyes as she approaches the puppy. "Do you really have to do this when I am already so tired?" The girl takes slow, weak steps towards the kitchen and fetches the mop before she returns to Zero, whose guilty face makes it just so difficult for her to get angry any longer. "Don't you give me that face Zero. I'm really, really tired," she mumbles, wiping while her hair falls messily around her face. The vibration from her phone on the table easily distracts her as she snaps her head towards the device. Frowning again, she narrows her eyes to see who is calling, but it is a little too far. Heaving the third sigh in such a short time, she shakes her head, ignoring the call. Nothing can be urgent past midnight, can it?

Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter