The Damned Idiot

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE DAMNED IDIOT
(TaengSic)

 

Eyes that spoke of nothingness staring blankly at the ceiling, Jessica allowed that face to enter her mind once more. Those tears on that beautiful face that felt like rain pouring down on her heart. Those eyes that used to shine so brightly had become almost ridiculously, heartbreakingly dull. She remembered her as the odd, silly girl who would laugh over the stupidest things, yet as much as she found it silly, it never failed to bring a smile to her own face - she always made her smile. She began to wonder. Why have things become the way they did? When did it all start? When did she lose her?

The sudden vibration that broke the dead silence in her room shocked her out of her thoughts.

"I can't do this any more..."

One simple message. One that Jessica had seen and heard over and over and over again, she was almost sick of it. One that had Jessica's blood boiling, knowing that the first time could have been a mistake, but the second was a choice. Still, with a sigh she picked up her phone, dialed the only contact saved in her favourites. It didn't take the second ring for the call to get connected, and the sound of that painfully familiar sniffle was what greeted the girl. Subconsciously, Jessica sat up, her fingers running through her blonde, silky locks. She sat there in silence, and in her head, she pictured exactly how the other girl was like. The sniffles continued, and Jessica hated how it took her tears no time to well up. Ever so easily.

"I don't know what I've become..." The voice that trembled could almost shake up the whole of Jessica's world. She had to bite back those vicious words that were threatening to spill out incessantly. Instead, she asked in return, voice as soft as the showers that fell on April meads, "What did she say this time?" The quiet sobbing that followed only had Jessica clenching her jaw. Even so, she waited. She had always waited. She had so badly wanted to hold that girl in her arms, tell her everything was going to be okay, assure her for another hundred, or thousand times that she was going to be here for her, and that she would never have to worry about getting hurt because she would never, ever hurt her like the hell of that who did not even deserve the dust on her foot. "I'm here," she whispered amidst the muffled crying sounds that was so deafening it was driving her crazy. "I'm here."

Jessica wanted to wash away those images in her mind, how the girl probably had a hand over her eyes as her tears rolled relentlessly down her cheeks, how her body was probably shaking as she tried her hardest not to cry, how her already petite figure probably looked even more forlorn as she curled up on her bed, how she should have been beside her smiling, laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter