Forever?

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOREVER? (FOREVER PART I)
(TaengSic)

 

Alone. She is alone again today. Her eyes are on her computer. The latest episode of her favourite variety show is playing. She should laugh, she should be laughing.

 

But she’s not.

 

She clenches her jaw, and then she decides to close the window. What is the point of watching it any more, when the show has been playing for almost an hour now but she can’t even remember a single scene of it? She looks over to her phone that has been sitting at the table since dinnertime, an almost unfamiliar feeling of despair starting to fill her. She picks it up, unlocking the screen easily. She taps on the message icon next, but her thumb hovers on top of that name, that girl’s name. She swallows her saliva and finally taps down on the name “Jessica ♡”. She stares at the screen for a moment longer, not knowing how someone who used to be such a familiar figure just feels so…strange now, even awkward. She bites her lower lip, and then she lets out a soft sigh. She has done it before, and she can do it again. She types a message and then sends it with slight hesitation.

 

Hey. :) What are you doing now?

 

She puts her phone down, trying to conceal the nervousness that she is feeling. But, there is no one. She is lying to herself. She doesn’t even know that she has been sitting there for at least thirty minutes. She takes in a deep breath before she slowly lets it out. She wants to clear that congestion. She needs to clear that congestion. She stands up, making her way to her bed. It’s barely ten, but she is not in the mood to do anything else anyway.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter