Say Something

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAY SOMETHING
(TaeNySic)
OST: Into The New World @ Tokyo Dome (Piano ver.)

 

Tiffany heaves a sigh as she sits alone at the couch. Tonight, it’s quieter than it has ever been. She stares blankly. It is dark all around because it is past three in the morning. She doesn’t want to wake Taeyeon or Sunny up. She knows that they haven’t been able to sleep well after that incident, especially Sunny.

 

She lets flashbacks of the times she used to share the stage with Jessica rewind endlessly in her mind. She purses her lips and closes her eyes, hoping to trap the tears that have welled up without her consent. She sends her heart into a little panic attack when she can’t seem to remember how it feels like to hold that girl in her arms. She doesn’t know if that girl has been sleeping well. She knows that they were Jessica’s pillars, all eight of them, and that Jessica has none now. She opens her eyes and realises that her vision is entirely blurred before tears flow down her cheeks. She knows very well that they should not look back any more. Everything that they had built together for the past years has been demolished. Everything is no longer there. The hugs, the memories…Jessica.

 

Her heart wrenches at the thought of it, yet again. She tries to imagine how Jessica used to snuggle up against her. But it seems to make it worse, when she realises that no matter how much she tries to imagine it, Jessica will never really be there, and that she is not there because…they gave her up.

 

“Fany.”

 

Tiffany hears Taeyeon, but she sits where she is. She hears the sound of shuffling footsteps, and then she feels Taeyeon’s weight as she takes a seat beside her.

 

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asks softly.

 

Tiffany doesn’t respond immediately. Instead, she continues to stare into space, and then very gently, she asks in return, “Are you?”

 

Taeyeon knits her brows as she stays silent, her eyes fixed on Tiffany. Her eyes widen when Tiffany turns to meet her gaze. The tears that are threatening to fall from those red, puffy eyes are almost heartbreaking to even watch. Taeyeon knows what Tiffany is referring to. It has only been that one reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter