Broken

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BROKEN
(TaeNySicKrys)

 

 

Taeyeon slightly holds up the glass of wine in her hand, studying the liquid in it before she lets out a sigh. Parties aren’t my thing, she reinforces that thought before she sets her glass down. She lightly taps on Tiffany’s shoulder as her pulse throbs with the beat of the deafening club music. With a glorious flip of her hair, Tiffany turns back to look at her best friend.

 

“I’m going to the restroom for a bit!” Taeyeon goes as near to Tiffany as she can and shouts.

 

“What?!” Tiffany cups the back of her ear, leaning a little bit closer to the girl.

 

“I said I’m going to the restroom!” This time, Taeyeon holds both her hands around and yells.

 

“Sorry what?! I can’t hear you!”

 

“Rest! Room!” Taeyeon reiterates each syllable and then Tiffany finally nods with a smile.

 

“Be careful!” the slightly younger girl reminds.

 

Taeyeon decides to be nice to and gives Tiffany an ‘ok’ sign instead.

 

In the restroom, Taeyeon looks into the mirror as an exhausted Taeyeon looks back at her. Just why did I agree to come to this private party? she can’t help but to ask herself. She closes her eyes, relieving her ears from the noise outside. She would rather be back at Tiffany’s home, relaxing on the couch watching TV than to do this. She sighs, and then she runs the water over her hands, letting the coldness soothe her a bit.

 

“Only for you Fany,” she mumbles under her breath before she looks at her reflection in the mirror again. She barely turns to leave when someone enters the restroom.

 

“Hi Taeyeon!”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t recognise the newcomer, but she smiles all the same. The ‘Girls’ Generation’ label never leaves her, she concludes. She gently bites on her lower lip and then she makes her way out.

 

Taeyeon frowns almost immediately when she realises that Tiffany isn’t at her seat. Pursing her lips, she scans around for her best friend. She lets out a sigh of frustration when the girl isn’t in sight.

 

She takes another step, wanting to look for the girl herself when she catches sight of someone familiar, someone whose name she can’t even say.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

The girl jumps before she snaps her head to the back. It’s Tiffany. Confused, and possibly flustered, Taeyeon turns back to look at the crowd, but it disappoints her when she doesn’t see what, or rather who, she wanted to see.

 

“What’s wrong?!” Taeyeon flinches when Tiffany shouts into her ears. She looks at Tiffany, then the crowd, and then back to Tiffany again.

 

“I—” She wants to tell Tiffany who she thinks she saw, but she decides against it. “The music is too loud!” she ends up saying.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter