When We Had Each Other

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHEN WE HAD EACH OTHER
(TaengSic)
Sequel to I'm Taeyeon

 

 

“W-what did you say…?”

 

“I’m Taeyeon, Sica ya…”

 

Jessica pauses for a moment while that name floats in her head like a hot air balloon. “Kim…Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon can’t help but to smile, even though her eyes were shining from the reflection of those tears hidden within. “Do you know of other Taeyeons?” She doesn’t quite know where the joke comes from, but she cracks it all the same.

 

“Ah, no. Not really. No,” Jessica answers.

 

“Have you…been well?” The question sounds awfully awkward, like something acquaintances would ask one another. We are acquaintances, Taeyeon realises. Maybe even strangers, she thinks.

 

“No— I mean, yeah. Things are…fine,” Jessica lies, thinking that Taeyeon wouldn’t find out. Today, she belittles Taeyeon, as well as how much Taeyeon understands her.

 

“You’re lying,” Taeyeon counters.

 

Jessica doesn’t understand how someone can reappear after five years and, in a split second, act like she has never left her side even for a single moment. “Then what do you want me to say?” Jessica fights back. She succeeds, because Taeyeon doesn’t know what to say. Jessica sighs, and Taeyeon’s ears perk up. “Why…did you call?”

 

“Pictures,” Taeyeon blurts out. “I found pictures.”

 

Jessica frowns on the other end. “What pictures?”

 

The slightly older girl hesitates for a moment, and she replies calmly, “Pictures of us. You…and me.”

 

At those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter