My Answer is Once

Once

"Mark, you know that I am going to Hong Kong tomorrow, right?"

 

Jackson asks without looking the older. He is playing with his hands nervously and that is so un-Jackson-y (is that even a word?) because Jackson is not nervous and he will never be nervous.

 

Mark raises an eyebrow. 

 

"Dude, you couldn't shut up about it for a week now. How could I NOT know?"

 

His question makes Jackson laughs awkwardly. Jackson feels the heat creeps to his cheeks.

 

"Oh yeah. Of course I couldn't shut up about it. Why would I? I am Jackson Wang. Duh."

 

Jackson says in a breath. Good job in making it not so obvious,Jackson. 

 

"Man,is there something bothering you?"

 

Mark asks, concern lacing his voice. It is not his fault that he got used to a cheerful Jackson. And when he sees Jackson in this state, it makes him worry. His heart wants to see Jackson's smile again.

 

"Actually, there is." Jackson tells him with a sigh.

 

"Tell me."

 

Jackson glances around the cafe they are sitting in. He keeps on biting his lips. Mark knows he only does that when he is nervous. 

 

"You see, before I go to Hong Kong tomorrow, I wanna tell you something."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Mark, I like you. No. I love you."

 

 ...

 

Jackson doesn't know why but he feels like the world around him and Mark has stopped. Not a word iis spoken between them. They are looking into each others' eyes with Mark's are as wide as ever.

 

"Y-you what?" Mark stutters. He needs a minute to process every word Jackson had said.

 

"I love you." Jackson doesn't know where his confidence come from but he says those words with ease. 

 

"I've been for the last two years." He laughs bitterly.

 

"You don't have to answer me now. Heck, I know you won't answer me forever. You're not even gay. I mean, why would you be? You're everything a girl needs. You must be disgusted, right? I'm going now."

 

With that being said, he gets up and leave the cafe, leaving a dumbfounded Mark.

 

About a minute later, Mark finally realises.

 

He just got a confession.

 

A confession from Jackson.

 

FROM THE WILD AND Y JACKSON! (I think  you get the point)

 

 

★GOT7★

 

 

5 minutes more and he will board the plane. He keeps on glancing back. He wonders, what is he even waiting for? Mark? Obviously he won't come. But, it's not wrong to hope right?

 

When  there is a minute left, Jackson is ready to go. With a deep sigh, he tell himself that he's ready to leave Korea and Mark for a week. 

 

It's weird. He thought he hears someone calling his name. Strange enough, he thought the voice sounds very familiar to Mark's. He shrugs it off thinking it is only a play of his mind because he is missing Mark.

 

Sitting in the plane, he smiles sadly. At least he's not staying in Hong Kong forever. One week. And we'll meet again. That is if you still want to see my face.

 

 

★GOT7★

 

 

It's been a week and Jackson just reached Korea. He takes a deep breath and smile the Jackson smile. Just as he is about to walk away, he receives a text message.

 

From: Mark

Meet me at the café. Now.

 

Mark wants to meet him? Him? Why? A part of him is happy but another part is concerneed. What if he says he doesn't want to be friends anymore?

 

It doesn't take him long to sprint out of the airport and hails a cab. His mind is filled with Mark. Seconds feel like years along  the way to the cafe. He's happy. Yes. And nervous.

 

Reaching the café, his hands are cold. He opens the door with a shaking heart and searches for the older.

 

Spotting Mark, he walks to him and sits down. Silence greets him and it is not helping Jackson at all.

 

"How's Hong Kong?" Mark starts, without looking up. At this time, he suddenly finds interest in the  coffee cup.

 

"Fine. I guess."

 

"Oh."

 

"Mark, can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure."

 

"In the past week, how many time have you think of me?"

 

Mark stays silent. He looks up and meets Jackson's gaze.

 

"Once."

 

"O-oh. Okay. Thanks for answering."

 

Jackson stands up with a heavy heart. He is about to turn around when Mark calls him.

 

Mark gets up  and holds Jackson's hand in his.

 

"I went to the airport when you were leaving but I woke up late. I called you but I guess you didn't hear me."

 

"Okay."

 

Mark intertwines their fingers.

 

"My answer to your question just  now is once because you never really leave my mind for the whole week."

 

Mark hugs Jackson with their hands still laced. 

 

"I love you too, Jackson."

 

 

* * *

 

If you ask me how many times I think of you,
I would say once because
You never really left.

 

* * *

 

 


WindGuardian: There it is. Did you like it? Tell me~~~ And add me as friend?
I don't bite, I promise. :D

 

AmeBaozi: Thank you for reading!

 

 

And again, Happy Birthday unnie~
Have a nice birthday!

 

We love you~