Beautiful You

Would You Be My Boyfriend?

Today was the first day of summer holiday. Hyunseong woke up a little bit later than usual, well, since it's holiday after all. No school, no paper work, no annoying lecturer, just him alone in his apartement. Although his eyes still closed, he welcomed the summer sunshine that penetrate his room through the window with a smile on his face. He inhaled the air deeply into his lungs and said in his mind, 'This is the smell of freedom'.

 

 

-Three hours later-

Hyunseong sat on one of the benches in airport waiting area with a luggage on his left side. He was sulking and cursing inside because two and half hours ago his mom gave him a call telling Hyunseong to pack his stuff because his mom already booked him a plane ticket to Japan to meet his half sister. Hyunseong's parents were divorced years ago and Hyunseong's dad moved to Japan. There he remarried with a woman of his colleagues and they have a daughter named Shim Jiwon. Although his mom and his dad has divorced but they still in a good term. They still contacted each other to ask about their condition and their children. Hyunseong had no idea what made them agreed to divorced because Hyunseong 100% sure deeply inside her heart, his mom still love his father even though she would never admit it out loud. Now back to the current situation where Hyunseong was waiting alone in airport to board a plane to Japan and met his half sister that he had never seen before. He loved his mom too much to decline her forced favor and in a hurry packed everything he needs to bring into his luggage a second after his mom cut off the phone call.

 

 

-Two hours later-

Here he was in Haneda Airport searching for a person who lift up a banner with his name written on it.His mom said someone will pick him up in the airport. He spotted one banner with his name on it, written in three versions: romanization, hangul, and japanese.

 

" Shim Hyunseong / 심현성 / ヒョンソン "

 

He walked toward that person and before he could say anything the said person already greeted him with a bone-crushing hug.

"Oppa!!! Hyunseong oppa!! I can't believe i finally meet you. Oppa you look more handsome in real life than the picture Appa showed me,"

It didn't take a genius to know that the person who picked him up in airport was his half sister. He didn't know how to react to her sudden outburst so Hyunseong just hugging her back and said the most common thing people say when they meet new people, "Nice to meet you".

 

 

-The next day-

Shim Jiwon was a chatter box, she didn't stop talking since she picked him up in the airport. She told Hyunseong everything about her that Hyunseong thought he didn't give a single damn about it. But Hyunseong didn't want to appear mean to her. He still gave her a response such as, 'oh really?' or, 'is that so?', or 'wow that's cool'. He tried his best to be a good Oppa toward Jiwon. Good thing Jiwon didn't notice the lack of enthusiasm in Hyunseong's response to her.

"Kyaaa! Alright then it's settled. This weekend we're going to this butler cafe. I've been dying to go there ever since my classmates always brag about it in class.", her sudden excitement brought Hyunseong back from his own world.

"Wait what?" he caught his sister saying about going to butler cafe but perhaps it was just his imagination.

"Oppa, you said you agree to accompany me to a butler cafe since Appa won't let me going around by myself. You can't take back your promise okay?," Hyunseong could literally saw hearts on his sister's eyes. He didn't have a heart to say no to her. Now, what did he get himself into? What is this butler cafe his sister saying? What is going on in this world? Hyunseong felt a bit dizzy and asked his sister to leave his room because he wanted to sleep. His sister obeyed him but not before she stole a kiss on his cheek and ran away after that. Hyunseong palmed the cheek where Jiwon had just kissed and chuckled to himself.

 

 

-Saturday-

"Oppa!!!" called Jiwon when she barged into Hyunseong's room.

"Arrrrrrgh!!!" she shouted while covering his eyes. Hyunseong just came out from bathroom with just a towel covering his lower area. Hyunseong chuckled at her reaction but didn't bother to shoo her out of his room.

"Oppa quick put your clothes on!"

"Why? This is my room. If you're uncomfortable you can leave," he put on a white shirt and walked to his bed where his sister sat while having her eyes shut tight.

"Next time make sure to knock before you come in, silly girl," he flicked Jiwon's forehead, followed by Jiwon's groan, "Aww~ That's hurt!" and several punches on his chest. He made a mental note not to make a mess with her next time because damn her punch was quite strong for a girl.

 

After dressed up in which Hyunseong had to change his outfit several times to meet Jiwon's approval they finally depart to their destination.

 

-30 minutes ago-

'What's so great about about butler cafe?', Hyunseong rolled his eyes in his mind. This was the third time Jiwon made him to change his clothes. Better this be the last. Yet, Jiwon made him to change for two more times. In the end he wore a white tank top underneath a black leather jacket, a pair of black denim trousers and a pair of black sneakers.

"What's with these black colored outfit? Are we going to a funeral or something?" Hyunseong voiced out his protest. Jiwon tsk-ed at him, "Oppa, black color brings out your charisma. You look hundred times cooler in black."

"Really?" Hyunseong asked while checking his appearance in the mirror.

"Of course!" Jiwon nodded her head several times to bold out her statement.

 

 

On & On Butler Cafe

 

Hyunseong read the cafe's name in his mind. 'What a lame name,' he thought.

"Oppa, why you just stand there? Let's go inside." Jiwon said while pulling his brother's hand with him.

"Wow, the place is so crowded at weekend. Good thing i've reserved this table a day before.", Hyunseong could see Jiwon's eyes spark with amusement while she observing the cafe. Hyunseong scanned the cafe and all he could see was girls, girls, and more girls.

'! Am i the only guy here?' a sudden panic aroused in his mind but a man voice distracted him from his own thought. A man in black tuxedo suit with pink colored hair, two earrings on his left ear and grey colored contact lenses.

"Welcome to On & On Butler Cafe. Tonight i'll be your personal butler. You can call me Kitsune-chan. For now i'll do a magic trick to welcome our new princess ... and prince," the man add in the end. On bended knees, he took out a stick off his back pocket and magically it became a bucket of flowes. He gave it to Jiwon in which Jiwon received it with a biggest smile on her face.

Hyunseong almost puked on the spot.

 

Hyunseong just sat there silently while watching his sister interact with their 'personal butler' enthusiastically.. He felt left out because mostly both of them would take in Japanese. Hyunseong's Japanese skill was still on beginner level. He only knew how to greet, introduce himself, to thank, and to say goodbye.

"Jiwon ah, Oppa is hungry. Let's order food. You can talk to him again later," Hyunseong who can't hold his hunger interupted Jiwon's conversation with the butler.

Althought a bit reluctant, Jiwon listened to his brother words and asked for a menu list. The butler took out the menu out of nowhere and put it on their table. Hyunseong scanned the menu and seconds after that he already decided what to order.

"One portion of Donkatsu and a glass of ice water."

The butler diligently wrote down Hyunseong's order and also Jiwon's order. Then he excussed himself to proceed the order. When the butler left, Jiwon wouldn't stop praising the place.

"Whoaaa~ Oppa this place is amazing isn't it? I feel like in a different world. Like in a dreamland. Look at those butlers all are so good looking. Kitsune-chan is also good looking. Why can the boys in my school be this handsome?" Jiwon pouted at the sad reality.

"Ya~ If all the boys in your school are handsome, how are you supposed to study? You'll just ogling them all day till you drool." Hyunseong lectured his sister with his arm crossed.

Jiwon looked at him with skeptical look, "Oppa, you're just jealous right? I was ignoring you while i was talking to Kitsune-chan. Don't you know i was talking about you with him the whole time? I said I was so happy the first time i met you. And i bragged to him that you're the best brother in the world because you agreed to accompany me to go to this cafe. Kitsune-chan said he thought you were my boyfriend at first. That was funny thought because even though Oppa is handsome, Oppa isn't my type."

Hyunseong felt a bit offended with Jiwon's statement, "Ya! What's that mean? Are you saying Oppa isn't handsome enough to be your boyfriend?"

Jiwon shook her head in disbelief, "Oppa, are you crazy? Why would i want Oppa to be my boyfriend? We're family remember, silly Hyunseong Oppa."

"That's not what i mean. I was just asking if you think i'm not handsome. And do you think those butlers are more good looking than Oppa?"

Jiwon rolled his eyes. She didn't believe Hyunseong compared himself to those butlers. At that moment, Kitsune-chan came bringing their food and beverages.

"Prince and Princess, here are your food and beverages. Please enjoy."

Hyunseong cringed at the word 'Prince', on the other hand Jiwon was so excited being called 'Princess' by a good looking guy like Kitsune-chan. Hyunseong can never understand girl's mind. Perhaps that's why he never had a girlfriend in his entire life. He's been *solo since birth. (*Solo / 솔로 : Korean term for single).

"Kitsune-chan, can you feed me?" Jiwon asked in her sweetest voice, Hyunseong almost spat the water he's drinking.

"Of course, my Princess. Your words are my command", Kitsune-chan got down to his knees and started feeding Jiwon. Hyunseong diverted his eyes from the view of his sister being spoiled by the butler. 'What was his name again? Kit- Kitane? Kitty-chan? Ugh i don't care.'

Hyunseong ate his food quickly he practically inhaled the food.

 

 

-Sunday-

Hyunseong woke up alone in the house. He found a note on hir door room saying that his sister went to the market to do grocery shopping. He went downstairs to get a glass of mineral water. Although it's been a week since he arrived in Japan, he didn't get to tour his dad's house. He walked around the house and admiring how neat the house is. His dad and his wife went to a business trip in China for a month that's why he asked his ex wife to sent Hyunseong to Japan to accompany his half sister. Hyunseong felt pity for Jiwon though. She rarely met her parents. His dad was still the same, always busy with his job. Perhaps that was why his mom asked for a divorce. Because his mom often felt lonely even though she still has Hyunseong. After they divorced, his dad gave his mom a store in a gangnam district and she turned it into a nail and beauty shop. Nowadays she's been busy managing it and her two other stores which are clothes store and a coffee shop.

 

A sound of someone turned the door handle brought Hyunseong back to present time. Jiwon entered the house bringing three huge plastic bags. How she managed to bring all of these home Hyunseong wouldn't understand. He quickly rushed to the front door and help her with her belongings.

"Why are you buying so many stuff? There are only two people live in this house." he reffered to himself and Jiwon.

"It's okay, Oppa. I have a feeling in a few days we would have a guest in this house."

Hyunseong furrowed his eyebrows, not sure if he understand what his sister saying. 'There would be a guest in this house? Are her friends coming to here?', he scratched the back of his head, feeling confused.

 

 

-That night-

Jiwon dragged a lazy Hyunseong out of their house and went sight seeing in the night market. Hyunseong forgot about his laziness when he saw so many food stall in there. Hyunseong bought and tried many different kind of japanese foods and snacks till he forgot about his sister. His sister was nowhere to be found. He traced back to the first food stall he visited. He remembered he bought taiyaki for himself and Jiwon at this food stall. Yet Jiwon wasn't there either. He decided to scanned the whole place to find Jiwon. He even went to a higher place where there were less people but still no trace of Jiwon. But something caught his eyes. From afar he saw some people got into a fight. He wanted to ignored it but something else caught his eyes, a man with pink colored hair.

'Impossible.' he said to himself but then in a lightning speed he ran toward the crime site. Without a word he showed off his taekwondo skill and defeated his opponents in a blink of an eye. They ran scampered for fear of their own lives. Hyunseong averted his attention toward the person who collapsed on the ground.

"Are you okay?", he asked worriedly.

"Not. a. bit." the person answered between his labored breathing. Hyunseong helped him to get up on his own feet. Almost at the same time, firework began to spark in the sky. Both of them spontaneously turned their head to see the firework. In the middle of admiring the view, Hyunseong averted his gaze toward the man beside him.

"Beautiful," he didn't know if he was referring to the firework or to the face in front of his eyes. He could see the reflection of firework spark in the man's eyes and he had to admit that indeed this man is beautiful. The man beside him was oblivious of Hyunseong's gaze on him. He thought Hyunseong was referring to the firework.

"Yeah indeed it's beautiful," he said.

After he said that he fell unconscious on Hyunseong's shoulder. Hyunseong went into another panic attack. He didn't know what to do. He never been in this kind of situation before. Out of sudden his phone ringing and it surprised him he almost threw it to the ground. Good thing he had a good reflect, he caught it before it landed on the ground and broke into pieces.

"Oppa! Where are you?! I've been searching you but you were nowhere to be found!", Jiwon shouted from the other line that Hyunseong needed to distance the phone from his ear.

"I'm sorry Jiwon ah. You must be dead worried. Are you home now? Good then. Oppa will go home now. What do you mean Oppa is bad at direction? Oppa has a great memory alright. Umm, but could you prepare a bucket of water, a clean towel, and first aid kit? No, I'm fine don't worry. Just do what i said, okay? Bye."

 

 

To be continued ...