Chapter 1

Is it important.....?

Living as a normal office workers . That is what Jiyong think when day by day, he is facing the same problem. Having to deal with colleagues who think that they are more efficient, more superior than him, who likes to mock and disrespect him just because he looks like a dork, and just like to keep himself shut from the ‘gossiping’ office circle.  

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong….. You  stupid bastard. How many times that I told you that you should not attend meetings with the directors? Your clumsiness will make our department looks unefficient,” Sukjin, His arch enemy and department manager roared when he entered his department, after having a long meeting with the board of director. Shocked with his rudeness, Jiyong feels his temper rise to a dangerous notch. Suddenly he feels that someone has already pulled him from the places he stand, and pushed him to sit in his ty cubicle.  

“Calm down, Jiyong. He’s a moron,” Chaerin, his assistant try to calm him down. He continue trying to regulate his breath while listening Sukjin continued to insult and mocking him. He does not realised that tears already falling from his coffee brown eyes. Chaerin look at him in pity. Shaking her head, she handed him handkerchief, so that he could wipe his tear. 

“You cry baby,” chuckling, Chaerin continue helping him organizing his files and documents.  

“This is tears of anger, Chae. I’m so close to punch him and put a bullet into his mouth,” he spoke lowly to Chaerin. Yet, he is still trembling, trembling with anger. Nowadays it seems Sukjin kept bullying him and keep pushing him to his limit. 

Smiling, Chaerin handed him a glass of tea (when did she make it?). “You blow up everything if you point a gun to his head. Please think about my brother, oppa,” Oh, yeah. Forget to inform, Chaerin is his sister-in-law. 

“I only get through this because of both of you…” Jiyong pouted. Chaerin laughed when she saw the look of his brother-in-law childishness. 

“This is your choice. Get through it,” she added.  

 

Lunch time came fast. As usual, Chaerin accompany Jiyong having his lunch at the office cafeteria. Their peaceful lunch being interrupted by a person that Jiyong hope won’t be disturbing his lunch time. His half brother, Youngbae. Having one of the most important person in the company, sitting beside him and having conversation about the weather is something that Jiyong always avoid when he always being the target of hate, even though actually it is their company. No one knows the truth. 

“I have news,” he announces as soon as he sits next to Jiyong. Jiyong sighed. Irritated with Youngbae behaviour. ‘Why can’t for once I have a decent lunch?” He muttered. 

“Dara’s business has being compromised, the stock price is going down,” Youngbae told him straight to the point. There is underlying message in it. Jiyong stilled his movement, while Chaerin try to composed her posture, in order to avoid any suspicion.  

Are you okay?” 

Youngbae just nodded and smiled, although his eyes are empty. Jiyong watched his expression, worried about his brother and Dara, Youngbae’s wife. 

“Is it important to be sad? I know she is safe. Seungri is helping her to get through the problem,” still smiling, he answers Jiyong question slowly. Jiyong released a relieved sigh. Seungri is helping means everything under control. 

“When will you come back? I think you have been tortured enough,” Youngbae sudden statement makes him nearly choked his drink. 

“You know my answer, Bae. I won’t. I’ve lost my touch, we lost Minzy and I nearly lost Sarang in the process,” 

“I don’t think this life is suitable for you. They already ask for you, and I hate when you get bullied in by that scum. This is not my brother whom…..” “Okay, I think lunch time is over, Bae. I need to go,” in low voice, Jiyong stands up, cutting whatever nonsense Youngbae have in mind. 

“I just hope you change your mind. It nearly 2 years we lost Minzy, is it important for you to be sad for so long? It just crushed you, Jiyong,” Youngbae still not giving up. 

“I need to go, sir. Thank you for spending your time with us,” masking politeness, Jiyong bowed to Youngbae. Youngbae just watched him walked away, disappointment etched all over his face. 

That evening past with Jiyong being scolded, insulted and harassed by Sukjin and few of his gang. Which ended with Jiyong lost his temper and punch one of them which resulted Youngbae have to  came and threatened to fire him (although he knows he won’t be fired), he decided to go home. 

 

‘IS IT IMPORTANT TO BE SAD, JIYONG?’ Youngbae statement keep playing in his mind.