Waiting for Daddy

Waiting for Daddy - Myungsoo

"Time for bed!"

Three words that every toddler hated, especially yours. Your little girl, Zoe, was very opinionated to put it simply, but she was so much like Myungsoo that it was almost too cute to push her buttons; just to see what cute things would come out of .

"But Mommyyyyyyyyy" You little girl whined, hugging her pink and black checkered blanket tightly between her arms.

"But what?" You walked over and stood next to the couch as she slumped lower into the cushions, bringing her knees up into the air.

"I want to wait up for Daddy" She played with the fringe of her blanket, knowing already that you wouldn’t let her stay up

"But Daddy will come faster if you fall asleep" You told her, resting your hands on your hips.

"I don’t want to be sleeping when he comes home" She stood up tall on the cushions of the couch. "I want to be awake!" Her arms reached towards the sky as you just smiled at her cute explanation and nodded.

"Okay… how about we go get ready for bed until Daddy comes?" You extended your hand out to her as she smiled and took your two fingers into your hand, jumping off of the couch, she walked with you to her bedroom.

Changing into her cute pink t shirt with a grey kitten in the center and some shorts to match, she sat on her knees and pulled some books from the white bookshelf. Glancing at the white clock on her wall, you sighed seeing the hands pointing to the time.

8:30pm

Sighing, you knew that Myungsoo wouldn’t be home for a few hours, and that means that you either had to get Zoe to sleep or entertain her until he came home.

"I found some books, Mommy" Zoe cooed and pushed the pile of books towards the armchair that was in her bedroom.

"Did you want me to read them to you?" You questioned as you moved from putting away some of her clothes away to the armchair. Holding onto your knee, her big brown eyes looked up at you as she gently nodded her head.

"Will you read them to me, please?" She looked up at you, "All of them?"

No matter how hard you tied to stay strong, you always melted at her big brown eyes that reminded you so much of your husband’s eyes.

"Sure, we have some time before Daddy comes home" You smiled and lifted her up into your lap,

Wrapping a fluffy blanket around her legs, she held her checkered blanket in her hands while her fingers rubbed the material as she looked through the books that you placed on your lap. Choosing the book that she wanted you to read first, you smiled and read her the title, flipping open the front cover, you slowly read story after story. Trying to make the time go by faster while you rocked her in the chair to try and lull her to sleep.

However as time passed and the pile of unread books got smaller and smaller, it seemed that Zoe was going to stay up to see her dad no matter what.

"Zoe, can I ask you why you want to wait up for Daddy?" You questioned, closing the back cover of the final book that was in her pile.

"I want to sleep with you and him tonight" She replied simply, her head that leaned on your shoulder lifted up and looked at you kindly.

"I see" You nodded your head as the memories of all of you sleeping together when she was a baby filled your mind and pulled a smile on your lips.

"Come on, we better get you into your jammies since I am in mine" Zoe slid from your lap and grabbed your hand, pulling you up from your spot in the armchair.

Zoe pulled you into your bedroom as you smiled down at her, she let go of your hand and walked behind you pushing your legs and you into the closet.

"You have to be a good girl too and change into your jammies" Zoe smiled as you chuckled and closed the door so you can change.

Zoe carefully climbed up onto the black comforter, pulling off the white decorative pillows and throwing them into the corner of the room where they belonged. Pulling down the covers, she folded the covers over to get ready for the family sleep over in your bed.

"Zoe" You cooed, "How does Mommy look?" You questioned, watching her head snap up and a smile form on her face, bringing her little hands together and under her chin she tilted her head cutely to one side.

"Pretty~ Daddy will love it" She remarked dreamily, looking down at your outfit, your grey tank top and black shorts.

"Zoe, do you want to go get some juice?" You walked over to the bed, knowing that she couldn’t refuse her juice.

"That is a silly question Mommy" She trotted over on the comforter and jumped into your arms. "I always want juice~"

Wrapping her arms around your neck, you placed her on your hip and started walking to the kitchen. Zoe’s legs gently bounced against your sides and her eyes stayed on the front door. Setting her down on the counter, you went to the fridge and pulled out some apple juice and poured it into her purple sippy cup and handed it to her.

"Is Daddy ever going to come home?" She sighed and rested her head against your neck as she sipped her juice slowly.

Turning to look at the time, you were happy that so much time had passed but knew that it would be a little longer until Myungsoo came home.

10:26 pm

"Just a little longer" You whispered against the crown of her head before kissing it gently.

Padding over to the living room, you sat on the couch, her head resting on your chest while her fingers gently twirled your hair. Flipping to the music channel, you watched the latest groups perform live as you felt Zoe’s little body relax against yours.

However when the front door open, Zoe shot up and looked at you with bright eyes. Handing over the drink to you, she slid off of your lap and ran to the door just as it was opening up.

"Honey, I’m home" Myungsoo called quietly, thinking that Zoe was sleeping.

"Hi Daddy!" Zoe bounced up and down before he knelt down and she jumped into his arms.

"Hey, Myungie" You stood up and pulled your tank top down a little.

"Why are you up Zoe?" Myungsoo turned to his little girl and tucked some hair behind her ear.

"I wanted to stay up to see you come home" She played with the collar of his shirt as he leaned in and kissed her forehead.

"I’m home now, so that means you can go to sleep, right?" Myungsoo questioned while you placed Zoe’s drink in the fridge.

Zoe shook her little head, Myungsoo tilted his daughter’s head up so he can see her eyes.

"Can I sleep with you and Mommy?" Zoe asked a little nervous about his answer

Myungsoo looked over at you, you shrugged your shoulders and smiled at him before he looked back at Zoe.

"I don’t see why not" Myungsoo smiled as she smiled and hugged his neck tightly.

"Thanks Daddy!" She held him tightly.

All three of you happily went back to the master bedroom, Zoe’s head gently rested on Myungsoo’s shoulder, her eyes slowly fluttered closed.

"Was she a handful today?" Myungsoo turned to you as you sat on the bed and the side lamps.

"She wasn’t too bad today" You smiled up at him and rubbed her back gently. "How was your day?"

"Good but long" He sighed and sat on his side of the bed, leaning against the headboard with Zoe on his chest. "This makes it better though" He rolled his head over to look at you.

"She really wanted to stay up and sleep with us" You moved closer to him.

"I’m glad that she did" Myungsoo hummed while his eyes blinked slowly, showing his exhaustion. "Now I can sleep with the two most important women in my life."

Leaning over, you kissed his lips sweetly before the two of you turned off the side lamps. Darkness wrapped around the three of you, as both of you slid under the covers and your head rested against his shoulder, his arm wrapped around you and his little girl as he kissed both of your heads softly. Soon all three of you were sleeping peacefully as one happy family.