One

Drummer Boy

“Jeongmin! Please tell Chohee and his friends that they have to play a little quieter?” Jeongmin’s mum called from the kitchen. Jeongmin was slouching on the couch, feet on the table, in his t-shirt and boxers, silently flipping through the channels on tv.

“Alright.” Jeongmin grumbles and stands up,  stretching out the kinks in his back. It was Saturday morning at 10:00am who in their right mind would go over someone’s house at 10 in the morning? Jeongmin walks toward the garage, slightly muffled ‘rock’ music is playing on the other side of the door. Honestly, Jeongmin thinks it’s not too bad, the singing probably needs a little bit of work, but whoever is playing the drums and the bass is killing it. Don’t say that outloud, Jeongmin thinks, it sounded stupid.

Jeongmin opened the door and spots his brother at the microphone, kind of looks like he’s screaming. Scanning the room, Jeongmin spots a few people he’s seen around school, Kim Donghyun, playing the bass and works at their local grocery store, Jo Youngmin, a first year playing the guitar, and Jo Kwangmin, his twin, sitting on the couch.

There’s one person on the drums who Jeongmin doesn’t really know but his face looks oddly familiar. He’s really good looking, Jeongmin thinks.

“Chohee!” Jeongmin tries yelling, “Chohee!” the music stops abruptly and they all stare at him, Jeongmin feels like cowering under their gaze but decides against it.

“What?” Chohee gives Jeongmin an annoyed look.

“Mum said to play quieter.” Jeongmin says, trying not to look at anyone else.

“Um, bro I don’t think you can calm our great music playing.” Donghyun replies.

“Donghyun stop calling everyone bro it’s freaking me out.” Youngmin groaned and Donghyun promptly flipped him the middle finger.  

“Oh, Jeongmin this is my band we’re gonna be called Charles and the Jimmies,” Chohee says, obviously proud of the name.

“But none of you are named Charles…”

“That’s the art of it! Anyways you probably know Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Donghyun. Then that’s Hyunseong,” Chohee points to the drummer who’s waving sheepishly at Jeongmin.

“Hyunseong doesn’t go to our school but he’s a third year like me and have you seen his hands? I could tell that he was a great drummer just by looking at him. Obviously Hyunseong is the hot one of our group.” Hyunseong blushed at Chohee’s comment.

“Are you guys dating or something? If you flirt with Hyunseong it’s not the same as flirting with his sister you know.” Kwangmin deadpans.

Jeongmin looks over at Hyunseong. He really is handsome, and his hands are really nice. But Jeongmin is not about to form a crush on his brother’s friend he literally just met.

“Hey, at least im not the one giving Hyunseong heart eyes over there.” Jeongmin hears Chohee shout. Jeongmin snaps out of the gaze he was giving Hyunseong and instead glares at Chohee.

“Nah, let him, he’s cuter than you at least, Chohee.” Hyunseong laughs. Chohee slightly pouts at Hyunseong and oh no. Jeongmin thinks, that was the cutest laugh he’s ever heard and Hyunseong just called him cuter than Chohee.

~

Thirty minutes later Jeongmin is back inside, in his original position watching a rerun of some cartoon he’s too lazy to find the name of. That’s when Jeongmin realized he was in his underwear the whole time he was with Chohee’s friends.

    ~

    Sunday morning at 10am Jeongmin begrudgingly gets up to open the door for whoever is ringing the doorbell at this ungodly hour. Sporting only in hot pink boxers that his brother got for him as a prank, Jeongmin opened the door, not caring at all who was at the front door.

    “Uh, hey?” Jeongmin’s eyes widened. In front of him was Hyunseong the drummer with nice hands, “Uh, Chohee said he wanted to get breakfast yesterday.” Hyunseong awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, obviously not trying to look at Jeongmin’s bright underwear.

    “Chohee? He’s still sleeping…” Jeongmin leaned against the door, “But you can take me out for breakfast.” He joked.

    “Yeah sure, just get dressed and we can go to this pancake house I know!” Jeongmin looks at Hyunseong in surprised but went inside to get dressed anyways.

    ~

    Jeongmin walks back into his house with a content smile and a stomach full of pancakes, “And why do you look so happy? Is it because you stole my free pancakes I was going to get from Hyunseong?” Chohee asks, arms crossed.

    “Yeah actually that’s exactly why.” Jeongmin grins and runs to his room before Chohee can strangle him.

    ~

    According to Chohee, making Jeongmin walk home in the rain is payback for taking his free pancakes. Jeongmin’s walked home before but only when he feels like it, school is about a 45 minute walk from his house and now he has to spend 45 minutes in the rain. Sadly, Jeongmin did not bring an umbrella.

    Jeongmin, silently ready to tackle Chohee to the ground when he sees him, was about a quarter of the way to his house, “Hey, Jeongmin!” Jeongmin looked up to see who called him and a blue minivan rolls up next to him.

    The window rolls down and it’s Hyunseong, “Why are you walking home?  It’s raining outside! I’ll take you home, get in.” Jeongmin ran to the other side and got into the car as fast as he could without protest.

    “Thank you so much, Chohee’s being a little because I went to eat pancakes with you instead of him.” Jeongmin’s soaking up the car seat but he doesn’t care at the moment.

    “Chohee’s always a no matter the situation.” Hyunseong joked, making Jeongmin scoff.

    “Yeah I noticed, I’ve lived with him all 16 years of my life if i didn’t notice what a he was i must be deaf, or blind.” conversation with Hyunseong is easy, Jeongmin is usually a social person and he likes Hyunseong. But not like like Hyunseong. Hyunseong is a cool guy. A cool, good looking guy.

    ~

    Chohee and Jeongmin are in Hyunseong’s kitchen watching him cut fruits. Chohee tries to sneakily take a piece of kiwi from the cutting board but Hyunseong gives him a stern glare and Chohee retreats his hand back to his lap. Jeongmin’s elbow is propped up on the table as he watches Hyunseong trying to cut a strawberry into a heart.

    “Why decorate food? We’re going to eat it anyways.” Chohee yawned. It’s almost midnight. Hyunseong’s parents work the nightshift so Chohee thought it was a good idea to go to Hyunseong’s house.

    “That’s like saying why take a shower when you’re going to get dirty anyways. It’s for the moment before. If the food looks better, people would want to eat it more,” Hyunseong excitedly holds up a deformed looking strawberry heart and furrows his eyebrows, “Besides Chohee if you can’t appreciate art how are you going to-” Chohee snores loudly, interrupting Hyunseong mid sentence.

    Jeongmin giggles as Hyunseong sighs and puts down his heart shaped strawberry, “Let’s put cheese on his face.” Hyunseong grins mischievously. Jeongmin smirks and nods as Hyunseong grabs cheese spray from the fridge, “Would you like to the honors?”

“Of course.” Jeongmin takes the can from Hyunseong and draws circles on Chohee’s cheek, “Oh put some on his hair. Awhile ago he wanted to dye his hair blond, he can get a small taste of it right now.” Hyunseong suggests. Jeongmin laughs and squirts the cheese all over Chohee’s hair. When he’s done, Jeongmin thinks for a bit.

“I’m going to put our initials.” Hyunseong nods as Jeongmin writes HS+JM next to Chohee’s ear. Satisfied, Jeongmin took out his phone and snapped a picture of Chohee, cheese and all.  

“Do you want to help me with this fruit center piece?” Hyunseong asks, handing Jeongmin a knife and an orange.”

“Why are you making a fruit centerpiece again?” Jeongmin took the knife and poked the orange with the tip.

“Just for fun,” Hyunseong shrugged, “We better hurry though because that cheese is going to stink up the kitchen.”

~

Hyunseong and Jeongmin migrated to the living room, leaving Chohee alone in the kitchen. Deciding, instead, to watch late night talk show hosts.

Hyunseong flicks through the channels with the remote and Jeongmin yawns, “Are you tired?”

“A little.” Jeongmin responds.

“Here.” Hyunseong pats his thigh, gesturing Jeongmin to lay on it. Jeongmin doesn’t argue and rests on Hyunseong’s lap. Hyunseong slowly Jeongmin’s hair as they watch the host on the screen talk rapidly. Jeongmin’s eyes start to slowly close.

When Jeongmin wakes up, Hyunseong is gone. Instead, he’s resting on a pillow and a pink blanket is wrapped around him. Jeongmin takes a peek at his phone to check the time; 3:36am. Jeongmin slowly sits up, still a little dazed. That’s when Jeongmin noticed Hyunseong sitting on the floor, building a house out of a deck of cards.

Hyunseong looks up at Jeongmin and smiles, “You’re awake!”

Jeongmin squints at Hyunseong, confused, “Why are you still awake?”

Hyunseong scratches the back of his neck sheepishly, “I kinda have insomnia, so I built this little house of cards.” Jeongmin looks at the house Hyunseong made. He didn’t even make a tall or big house, he made multiple mini houses that were probably about 3 cards each.

Jeongmin’s stomach growls, “Are you hungry?”Hyunseong asks, “I can make you ramen… Mostly because it’s the only thing I know how to make.” Jeongmin nods and they both get up to go to the kitchen.

Chohee is still fast asleep at Hyunseong’s dining room table next to Hyunseong’s fruit centerpiece and a face full of cheese. Hyunseong chuckles at Chohee as he takes out a small pot and fills it with water.

“You’re the only person I know that would offer to make me noodles at 3 in the morning.” Jeongmin says, a hint of amusement in his tone.

“Yeah? Maybe because I’m one of a kind.” Hyunseong replies, turning on the stove.

Yeah. You are. Jeongmin thinks.

    ~

    Hyunseong offers to take Jeongmin to the movies Friday.

    “I’ll pay for your ticket! It would be fun!” Hyunseong sounds enthusiastic on the phone.

    “Yeah… That would be nice. See you then.”

    ~

    Jeongmin walks toward the front of the movie theatre and spots Hyunseong rubbing his hands together and blowing on them.

    “Are you cold or something?” Jeongmin asks when he walks up to him.

    “I get cold easily, nothing new. Come on let’s go get our tickets.” Hyunseong walks into the theatre and Jeongmin follows closely behind.

    “I can get you fluffy gloves for Christmas,” Jeongmin suggests, while scanning the movie titles.

    “Nah, it’s alright. Anyways what movie do you want to watch?” The pair look over the movie titles.

    “We should watch the romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston.” Hyunseong offers. Jeongmin groans but doesn’t protest as Hyunseong asks for two tickets and the walk into concession.

    “Since you bought the tickets I’ll buy the popcorn,” Jeongmin lightly pats his front pocket and grabs a bucket of popcorn from the stand, “Do you want butter?” Hyunseong nods and Jeongmin walks over to the butter dispenser, almost tripping on nothing. Hyunseong laughs.

    “Don’t laugh! I could’ve broke my leg!” Jeongmin whines still clutching the popcorn.

    “If you broke your leg we could sue the theatre and watch more movies!” Hyunseong laughs again, Jeongmin grumbles while pouring more butter into the bucket.

    “That would’ve helped you but that doesn’t change the fact I wouldn’t be able to walk.” Jeongmin walks over to the cashier and is about to hand her the money until Hyunseong slapped the money out of Jeongmin’s hands and handed the cashier his own money.

    “I asked you on a date, so I’ll pay.”

    “But-”

    “No buts. Let’s go watch the movie.” Hyunseong took the bucket of popcorn and Jeongmin’s hand and walked into theatre four.

    Ten minutes into the movie and Jeongmin was bored, Hyunseong on the other hand looked like he was really into it. Jeongmin started to stuff as many popcorn kernels into his mouth, right now he’s on kernel number 18. While trying to stuff another into his mouth, Hyunseong looks at him and lightly laughs, “What are you doing?”

    Jeongmin, not being able to talk without spitting popcorn into Hyunseong’s face just stuffed a popcorn into Hyunseong’s mouth also. Hyunseong ives Jeongmin an amused look and leaned in.

    Jeongmin was panicking now, Hyunseong is getting too close. Does Hyunseong want to kiss him or is he reading him wrong? Does Jeongmin want to kiss Hyunseong too? Hyunseong is only centimeters away from Jeongmin now and Jeongmin is internally panicking. So he did the only thing he could.

    Hyunseong now has about 19 spit soaked popcorn kernels in his lap and on his face. Jeongmin thinks he might die of embarrassment.

    Hyunseong looks confused for a second and starts laughing again, Jeongmin really likes his laugh, “You’re so dumb.” Hyunseong says, still leaning in and pecking Jeongmin on the nose. After that split second Hyunseong goes back to watching the movie.

    Stunned, Jeongmin faces the movie too, thinking  about how soft Hyunseong’s lips are.

~

Jeongmin sits on the couch the next time Charles and the Jimmies have band practice, playing a game of goldfish with Kwangmin and occasionally looking at Hyunseong playing the drums. When the fifth song they played that day is finished Chohee calls for a break, “Let’s order pizza!” Everyone cheers as Chohee exits the garage to order pizza.

“We should play truth or dare.” Youngmin suggests.

“You at making up dares I’ll go first,” Donghyun rests his index finger on his chin, as if thinking, “Jeongmin! Truth or dare?”

“Dare.” Jeongmin replies simply.

“Hmm,” Donghyun grins evilly, making Jeongmin gulp, “The next song we play, sit on Hyunseong’s lap while he’s drumming.”

“What?” Hyunseong and Jeongmin say simultaneously, “That’s going to interfere the quality of my playing Donghyun…” Hyunseong adds.

“This is only practice, don’t worry,” Donghyun waves off, “Jeongmin, hurry up so we can go on.”

“Don’t I have to do it when the song starts?”

“Nah, it’s easier if you sit on his lap now and wait for them to start playing.” Jeongmin knew it was useless to argue against Donghyun so he got up and walked toward Hyunseong.

“I- Uh… How do I-?” Jeongmin stuttered. Hyunseong looks up at him and squints, thinking.

“Here, the easiest way for you to sit while I play the drums is to sit like this,” Hyunseong grabbed Jeongmin’s hips and made him sit so their chests were up against each other and Jeongmin’s chin was allowed to rest on Hyunseong’s shoulder, “Is this fine?” Hyunseong whispered.

“Yeah.” Jeongmin replied, resting his chin on Hyunseong’s shoulder and clinging to his shoulders.

“Um… What are they doing?” Jeongmin hears Chohee enter the room.

“We’re playing truth or dare and Jeongmin’s taking a long time to ask someone so I’ll just go again. Chohee,” Donghyun pointed straight at Chohee who was carrying a can of coke, “Truth or dare?”

“Dare of course.” Chohee chucked a can of coke at Kwangmin who fumbled with it before catching it.

“I dare you to…” Jeongmin blocked out their conversation after that, instead focusing on Hyunseong’s breathing and the feel of his broad shoulders.

“Your is so boney Lee Jeongmin.” Hyunseong smirked.

Jeongmin lightly slapped Hyunseong’s chess and laughed, “We can’t all work out like you Shim Hyunseong.”  

~

    Donghyun, Youngmin and Kwangmin says their goodbyes and Hyunseong decides to stay a little bit longer with Jeongmin and Chohee. The trio were in the living room watching Peter Pan, Chohee lying on one side, forcing Hyunseong and Jeongmin to sit side by side, thighs occasionally bumping and Jeongmin feels giddy inside.  Peter Pan is Jeongmin’s favorite movie and he was personally offended when Hyunseong told him he has never watched it. Jeongmin sneaks (not so) subtle on Hyunseong’s reaction every minutes.

“That Captain Hook guy kinda reminds me of Donghyun.” Hyunseong points out.

“Why? Is it because he’s old?” Chohee asks, slowly sipping his can of coke.

“I’m going to tell Donghyun you said that and he’s going to lecture you about his flawless skin again.” Jeongmin threatens, no one wants another lecture for Donghyun again.

“The last lecture we got from Donghyun was about how much milk we needed to drink and he apparently forgot that you’re lactose and tolerant,” Hyunseong laughs, “Every time you tried to tell him he’d give you that one death glare.” Hyunseong squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows as if trying to imitate Donghyun’s death glare.

“Hyunseong stop that or your face is going to stay like that forever.” Chohee takes another sip of his soda and rests his feet on Hyunseong’s lap.

Hyunseong shoves Chohee’s feet of his lap, face still furrowed and looked Jeongmin, “Do I look angry to you Jeongmin?”

“You look kinda dumb if you ask me.” Jeongmin laughs, lightly flicking Hyunseong’s forehead.

“Ow, that hurt,” Hyunseong whines, rubbing his forehead, “Kiss it better.” Hyunseong lies his head in Jeongmin’s lap, and stretches his legs over Chohee’s.

“Ew, get a room you two.” Chohee pretend gags. Jeongmin flicks Hyunseong in the forehead again but extra hard this time.

“Oww, Chohee Jeongmin’s being mean!” Hyunseong flips over so that he’s lying next to Chohee on the small couch, Chohee about to call over.

“Hey! I’m going to fall! Get off me!” Chohee flails and falls on the floor while Hyunseong laughs at him.

“Jeongmin and I have the couch now, we can watch the second Peter Pan movie.” Hyunseong continues laughing at Chohee’s scowl.

“This isn’t even fair, I bought the movies,” Chohee stretched on the floor, whining pathetically at Hyunseong’s laughing,”Fine, you two can cuddle on the couch while I watch soap operas on my computer and listen to Taylor Swift.” Chohee leaves the living room.

“Finally he left,” Hyunseong flips over again, laying in his previous position: on Jeongmin’s lap.

“What are you doing?” Jeongmin deadpans, he was a little uncomfortable at how close Hyunseong was to his crotch.

“I’m getting comfortable for the movie.” Hyunseong states simply.

~

Jeongmin walks Hyunseong to the door and waves goodbye to him. Yawning, Jeongmin enters his room.

“How do you think of Hyunseong?” Chohee asks as if he belongs in Jeongmin’s room. He’s sitting on Jeongmin’s desk chair and feet are propped up on Jeongmin’s bed.

“What? Why?” Jeongmin shoved Chohee’s feet of his bed.

“I dunno, you two seemed awfully cuddly,” Chohee takes a bag of chips out of no where and starts eating, “So how do you think of him?”

“Hyunseong is… Very touchy…” but Jeongmin loves it.

“Yeah, he’s touchy with everyone actually. But hey he seems to like you a little more since he took you out for my pancakes.”

“I don’t like him!” Jeongmin says, irritated.

“I never said you did. I said he likes you a little more than everyone else. I mean seems like you two go everywhere together.”

“I don’t- We don’t- he just follows me everywhere okay? I don’t like him, he likes me.” Jeongmin is a little more than slightly irritated now.

“Oh really?” Chohee  stands up to leave, “Jeongmin don’t hurt people’s feelings just to hold your pride.” Watching Chohee leave, Jeongmin balls his hands into fists.

~

Jeongmin feels like . Not only because he talked literally said he doesn’t care for Hyunseong and the guilt is eating him alive, but he is also sick.

“Jeongmin! I’m going to Hyunseong’s house and mum’s not home are you going to be okay?” Chohee stuck his head into Jeongmin’s room.

“Are you actually worried about me?” Jeongmin croaked out, “Can you uh, tell Hyunseong I said hi?”

“I thought you don’t like him? Bye Jeongmin.” Chohee left the room, slamming the front door. Jeongmin groans in frustration.

~

“What do you think of Jeongmin?” Hyunseong looks up from the cutting board, where he’s cutting up various of fruits for him and Chohee.

“Jeongmin’s… Cute. And he eats less pancakes than you so I didn’t have to spend as much.” Hyunseong jokes, making Chohee slightly pout.

“It’s not my fault he’s a scrawny kid. But you two seem awfully close in the span of 2 months.” Chohee says seriously.

“Time is not a measure of quality; of infatuation, or of love.” Hyunseong quotes, cutting a strawberry into a small heart and grinning to himself.

“Are you in love with my little brother Hyunseong?”

Hyunseong sputters at the question, “I- I-” Hyunseong spots Donghyun coming through the door behind Chohee.

“Because if you do, I want you to know Jeongmin doesn’t care about you.” Hyunseong thinks he can hear his heart break.

“That’s not t-true.”

“Stop being such a Chohee, you have no proof he said that.” Donghyun interrupts. Donghyun drops his bag at the table Chohee is sitting at and smacks the back of his head.

“I’m not! I’m only warning him, Jeongmin always puts his pride before everything else. He would rather say he cares about no one at all than admit he needs.” the room is silent.

“I’m not saying I do love him, but if I did, I would work through those imperfections. You know, because, I guess, love isn’t finding someone with no imperfections but finding someone where you can accept them.” Hyunseong looks at Chohee, a contented look plastered on his face.

“Hyunseong,” Donghyun places a hand on Hyunseong’s shoulder, “That was the cheesiest, sweetest, most cliche thing I’ve ever heard you say.”

“Yeah with all those romcoms he watches, what else did you expect from him?” Chohee rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

~

The next day Jeongmin is surrounded in a sea of of used tissues and absolutely miserable.  Jeongmin thinks he’s an idiot and he’s right. While Jeongmin wallows in his idiotness, a knock on the door appears.

“Come in.” Jeongmin croaks out.

Hyunseong opens the door with his stupid smile and a bowl of hot soup, “Chohee told me you were sick so i took some soup from your pantry.” Hyunseong sets the bowl on Jeongmin’s bedside drawer.

“Is that for me?” Jeongmin asks. Stupid. Of course it’s for you. Jeongmin thinks.

“Nah,” Oh, nevermind, “I made it for myself while an obviously sick person is in the next room.” Hyunseong jokes.

“You know your sarcasm needs a little more work because I can never tell if you’re serious or not,” Jeongmin looked up at Hyunseong, “Feed me then if it’s for me.”

“You’re the most spoiled little brat I’ve ever met.” Hyunseong retorts but takes a seat next to Jeongmin on his own bed and picks up the spoon anyways.

Hyunseong holds the spoon up to Jeongmin’s mouth and Jeongmin lightly blows on the hot soup. Quickly glancing up, he sees Hyunseong’s soft gaze and all of a sudden a pang of guilt hits him in the gut.

“Hyung I-” Jeongmin starts, but Hyunseong quickly shoves the spoon in Jeongmin’s mouth.

“Don’t talk until you finish eating.” Jeongmin nodded and swallowed.

Jeongmin doesn’t get to talk to Hyunseong after he finishes eating because Hyunseong quickly leaves before Jeongmin can say anything.

~

“It’s family game night losers!” Chohee shouts, clutching a box of monopoly and throwing it on the floor next to the others.

“Last time we played monopoly with you, you flipped the board because Kwangmin was buying everything.” Donghyun points out.

“That was the old me Donghyun. Chill. I promise I won’t flip the board this time,” Chohee waved Donghyun off and flops onto the floor, “Let’s start!”

It takes about 45 minutes for Jeongmin to sort out the money, Hyunseong to find all the game pieces, Youngmin to tape up the game board, and Kwangmin to get chips, drop them all on the floor, pick them up, and get a new bag of chips. Donghyun watched everyone work while he was silently texting and Chohee was “supervising” so he did not need to do anything.

“Are you guys done yet?” Chohee whined annoyingly making Donghyun flick him on the head.

“If you want them to finish so fast then why won’t you help them?”

“No it’s alright! We finished,” Hyunseong clapped, “I want to be the hat!” Jeongmin grinned at how happy Hyunseong was but, Hyunseong has been mildly ignoring him ever since he entered the house today. One problem is that when Jeongmin tries to talk to him, Hyunseong declines so nicely it’s hard for Jeongmin to be angry at him.

“Hey Hyunseong I-”

“Sorry Jeongmin, I’ve got to help Youngmin with the tape let’s talk later okay?” Hyunseong quickly escapes to Youngmin who actually looks like he needs help with the tape.

Or Jeongmin could be paranoid. Maybe he’s just overthinking things, but Hyunseong doesn’t even look in his direction throughout most of the game.

“Hyunseong, I’ll sell you St. Charles’ place if you give me $50”Jeongmin offers.

“No thanks.” Hyunseong politely declines.

“What? Jeongmin is literally throwing us all under the bus if you get St. Charles’ place Hyunseong would have all of the pink cards and dark blues.” Kwangmin says slightly irritated.

“This is probably the most boring game I’ve ever played. Who keeps suggesting to play this game?” Chohee asks.

“You do.” The rest say in unison. Chohee huffs and flops his head into Hyunseong’s lap.

“Someone roll the dice for me or something.” Hyunseong flicks Chohee’s forehead and laughs as he whines and rubs the mild wound, “Why does everyone hit my head?”

Jeongmin gets hit with a pang of jealousy in his gut.

~

Two hours later, Chohee finally flipped the board making everyone groan. Donghyun, knowing this was going to happen, forced Chohee to clean and headed to the kitchen, everyone else following him.

“Let’s make some food I’m starving,” Donghyun cracked his knuckles, “Youngmin go find out what’s in their fridge.” Youngmin nodded.

“Uh… Jeongmin why do you guys have leaves in your pantry?” Youngmin asked, pointing out a pile of leaves in the corner of the pantry.

“I save them. But now they’re LEEves.” Jeongmin replies giggling at his own jokes.

“Shut up Jeongmin.” Donghyun says while washing his hands. Jeongmin looks over at Hyunseong who has a hand over his mouth, muffling a laugh.

Youngmin gets out various spices ramen packs, and a bag of rice, Kwangmin earlier went to look in the fridge and found beef, vegetables, and apple juice.

“Ah yes perfect, Kwangmin you make the rice, Youngmin you thaw the beefs, Hyunseong and Jeongmin will cut the vegetables, then when we’re done Chohee will do the dishes.” Donghyun ordered.

“And what will you do?” Kwangmin asks picking up the bag of rice to carry toward the sink.

“Supervise.” of course.

Jeongmin grabs two knives while Hyunseong lays out tomatoes, lettuce, and other green things Jeongmin doesn’t know the name to of. The two cut in silence. Jeongmin would make subtle glances at Hyunseong, waiting for him to start the conversation as usual. It doesn’t happen.

“Hyunseong I-” Jeongmin starts.

“Donghyun we finished!” Hyunseong interrupts.

Jeongmin is irritated now; He hates being ignored.

Jeongmin grabs Hyunseong’s wrist and drags him into a different room, his room, and locks the door,”I’m sorry.” He breathes out.

“What?”

Jeongmin grabs Hyunseong’s hands and looks down, “I’m sorry. I always put my pride before anyone else and I really do like you. You’re the only one who laughs at my jokes and sometimes you’re really touchy but you have soft hands and nice hugs. I just… Really, really like you Hyunseong.” Hyunseong stared at Jeongmin, then wrapped his arms around his shoulders, bringing him into a hug.

Jeongmin sighed.

“It’s ok. And I really, really like you too Jeongmin.” Hyunseong murmurs into Jeongmin’s hair.

~

“We haven’t had band practice in like 3 weeks because Hyunseong’s too busy off Jeongmin every 10 minutes.” Chohee pathetically complains.

“No, we haven’t had band practice in 3 weeks because you refuse to buy new strings for my bass.” Donghyun flicks Chohee on the forehead.

Chohee looks over at Hyunseong and Jeongmin on the couch. Jeongmin is disgustingly sitting on Hyunseong’s lap and trying to take a selca while Hyunseong keeps pecking him on the cheek. Chohee gags a little.