Warmed Welcome

Warmed Welcome - Baekho

The announcer over the intercom came over the large speakers, calling out the flights that were departing and landing, Walking from your car, that you parked in the concrete parking garage, you fiddled with your keys while you chewed on your bottom lip.

Following the signs into the terminal, you walked through the automatic doors. People rushed every which way, bags following them from behind while kids happily skipped and cheered with their backpacks tightly secured to their little body. Business men and women looked down at their phones while the elderly travelers read books and slept on each others shoulders.

Smiling at all of the small acts of kindness, you started to walk towards the arriving flights and with more and more people filling the halls. Walking a little further in, the hallway opened to a lot of tunnels that would lead out to the appropriate plane. Standing next to the benches in the middle of the room, you tapped your toes against the tile floor as you tried to control your nervous yet exciting feelings that started to churn in your stomach.

Standing there for a while, you pulled out your phone to check the time, Clicking your tongue against the roof of your mouth in annoyance at how long you would have to wait for him, you took a seat on the benches and started to play with your phone.

However the games passed a little bit of time before you started to get butterflies in your stomach. Pulling up pictures of your boyfriend, Baekho, you smiled when you started to turn back all of the memories that you two have had together. Checking the time again, it was finally getting close to the time that he was going to land.

The man over the intercom talked again, letting you know that Baekho’s plane had just landed. After two long months away from each other, you were really excited to see him, you hoped that he would be just as excited to see you.

Scanning the area, you didn’t find too many fans or camera’s around. Thinking that maybe they would get them when they went to baggage or outside, you looked from one tunnel to the next.

Remembering something that you brought, you smiled and unfolded the cutely decorated paper that read,

_______ missed Baekho

Holding up the paper you watched as people started to come out of one tunnels, getting more excited, you bounced on your feet. Scanning the people’s faces, you stood on your toes while you tried to get just a peek of his face.

When the line of people started to trickle out of the tunnel, you thought that maybe he caught a different flight. However, when you looked back up, you saw him.

Baekho

Walking out the tunnel as the flight attendant checked his ticket off and his eyes met yours. Smiling down at the cute little sign that you made for him. A big bright smile instantly shined on your face, starting to walk towards him. Your walking turned into a jog before you opened your arms to greet him in a big warm hug.

Once he saw you trotting towards him, he did the same, taking his bag off of his shoulder and dropping it on the ground before his arms opened and you jumped into his arms. Once in his strong hold, he started to spin around, your knees lifted while you held onto him tightly, burying your head into his neck and taking in his gentle scent, you couldn’t help but have slight tears begin to form in your eyes.

"I missed you" You whispered with a cracked voice. Feeling his arms tighten around you and him stop spinning, he rested his head against yours.

"I missed you too, baby" He whispered back, placing a gentle kiss on your cheek, you blushed before you let your legs straighten as he set you back down on the ground.

Holding both of your hands in his, he stepped back to get a good look at you. Baekho’s eyes started at the top of your head, looking at your half ponytail. His eyes started to drop, a gold heart necklace that he gave you the first time he confessed, his favorite white shirt that he loved seeing you wear, ripped blue jeans and mocha colored boots.

"You’re a sight for sore eyes" He smiled and looked back up at your eyes.

"So are you" You smiled, taking in his appearance, his grey t shirt with a logo on the chest, his black jeans and white and grey sneakers.

"I liked the little sign that you made for me" He smiled before he walked back and lifted his bag onto his shoulder.

"Thank you, I was so excited to meet you again" You confessed while your cheeks started to blush. Looking at you again, he narrowed his eyes a little before he stepped closer to you.

"Quick question" Baekho s one arm around your side and rested it against the small of your back.

"Mhmmm" You hummed letting him proceed with his question

"Have you always been this short?" He chuckled and placed his hand on top of your head before bringing it over level to him, coming right above his shoulder.

"What do you mean?" You tilted your head in confusion, not thinking that you go any shorter the time he was away.

"You just seem shorter than when I left you" Baekho rubbed the back of his neck and gave you a gentle smile.

"Does this help?" You rose on your toes, like you would be in high heels.

"Ah, now that is better" He giggled and stole a kiss from your lips.

"Yah!" You pushed him playfully as he chuckled, his eyes curving into cute crescents.

"I guess I haven’t really seen you without heels" He blushed slightly.

"Is there something wrong with being short?" You looked up at him

"Oh no" Baekho shook his head with a smile, "It just makes you cuter~"

"Good" You nodded your head firmly before he wrapped his arm around your waist and your around his.

Standing on your toes, you kissed his cheek before you stood back on the ground.

"Welcome home" You rested your head on his shoulder for a moment as his hand gently rubbed your side gently.

"Thank you" He kissed the crown of your head gently, leaning his head on yours for just a moment more before he looked down at you again.

"I have another question for you" Baekho rubbed his thumb on your side, your head lifted from his shoulder and looked up at him.

"Yes?" You looked at him skeptical of what he was going to say now

"Did you have any trouble reaching anything while I was away?"

"Yah! I have my ways. I don’t need you to be around so I can function" You teased.

"Climbing on the counter like a cat isn’t your way" He clarified, "But if you don’t need me, I can grab another flight"

"Oh nooooooo" You whined, "Stay with meeeee"

"Okay, shortie" He teased

The two of you happily walked off to baggage claim, his arm around you and your arm around him. Both of you happy that you were back together again, even though he was going to tease you more when the two of you got home.