1, 2, 3, 4

ONE thing TWO say THREE words FOUR you

Your POV

It has been two years since you’ve seen Kim Jonghyun, two years since you’ve heard from him. You still loved him, even after the breakup.

You lay on your bed, constantly staring at your phone on the side table debating whether or not to do it. Finally, you sat up, grabbed the guitar that was leaning against the wall in front of you, and got your phone.

“I hope this works. . .” you said to yourself as you dialed Jonghyun’s number into your phone, calling him.

 

Ring. . . Ring. . . Ring. . . Hello. You have reached the voice mailbox of Kim Jonghyun. Please leave a message after the beep. – beep –


Inside, you knew he wouldn’t pick up. But you did what you planned on doing anyway.

“Hey, it’s me. I just wanted to play you a little song.” You take a deep breath in an attempt to remove your nerves.

After a few minutes you ended the song and put down your guitar next to you on the bed. “I hope he finds it soon. . .”

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

He went into his room where he left his phone on the bed and grabbed it. Turned it on and noticed a missed call and a voice message from. . . her. It’s been years since he’s spoken to her. He clicked on the notification and sat on his bed, letting the message play.

 

 Hey, it’s me. I just wanted to play you a little song.

 

He heard you take a deep breath before starting.

1-2-1-2-3-4

Give me more loving than I've ever had
Make it all better when I'm feeling sad
Tell me I'm special even when I know I'm not
Make it feel good when it hurts so bad
Barely get mad
I'm so glad I found you
I love being around you
You make it easy

 

It's as easy as 1-2-1-2-3-4

 

He recognized the song and gripped onto his phone tightly.

 

There's only
ONE thing
TWO do
THREE words
FOUR you...
I love you
There's only
ONE way
TWO say
Those THREE words
And that's what I'll do…
I love you

 

This was the song him and you used to sing to each other. Tears started forming in his eyes from the memories and realized he never really stopped loving you. Letting the message play, he got on a coat and went to his car to see you.

 

Give me more loving from the very start
Piece me back together when I fall apart
Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends
Make it feel good when it hurts so bad
The best that I've had
And I'm so glad I found you
I love being around you
You make it easy


The message kept playing as he was driving, tears running down his face, blurring his vision.

 

It's as easy as 1-2-1-2-3-4
There's only
ONE thing
TWO do
THREE words
FOUR you...
I love you
There's only
ONE way
TWO say

Those THREE words
And that's what I'll do...
I love you
I love you

 

He couldn’t see where he was going anymore; his vision became so blurry from the tears. It was hard to see anything. All of a sudden, he collided head-on with an eighteen-wheeler. Next thing he knows, he’s in an ambulance heading for the hospital.

With tears still rushing down his face, he said to the paramedic, “Please. . . Tell her that. . . I’ve never. . . stopped loving. . . her. . .” With the message still playing, he tried to show the paramedic his phone.

 

You make it easy

It's as easy as 1-2-1-2-3-4

There's only

ONE thing

TWO do

THREE words

FOUR you...

I love you

 

There was a long beep and as the paramedic looked up at the monitor, he noticed that Jonghyun’s heart has stopped. . .

There's only

ONE way

TWO say

Those THREE words

And that's what I'll do...

I love you

I love you

1-2-3-4

I love you

I love you

Jonghyun’s phone had finally left his hand, falling on the floor in the ambulance.