Just a second

Just a Minute (ONESHOT)

Jeongmin POV

 

Another Tuesday afternoon after school and I am just on my bed playing my guitar as usual. There is this melody I have been working for half a year now but I still don’t have the lyrics for it. It is hard to express everything I want to just by using words.

Instinctively I look at my watch and jump out of the bed when I look at the hour, one minute before 5pm. I quickly go down stairs and sit on the couch close to my door. It has been exactly half a year since the first time that melody invaded my mind and it has been exactly half year since I have been in love with him.

When my older brother came to my house one day saying he got hired by a rich family to tutor his kid I thought the guy itself would be an annoying brat and hated the fact that he would have to come to my house but when I met him everything changed.

I opened the door for him the first day and as soon as he saw me he bowed at me and smiled. I felt as if the whole world stopped for a second and the most amazing melody came to my mind. In that moment I knew that he was the person my heart has been waiting for even though I didn’t know I was waiting for anything in the first place.

I know it is crazy considering I have never had a proper conversation with him but there is something about the way his deep black almond shaped eyes shine, how his heart shaped lips curl into a cat like smile. Moreover, the music I hear whenever I saw him and this feeling inside my chest tells me I am not wrong about him.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

I head to the front door and look through the peephole, standing at the other end it is him. He is wearing his blue navy jacket that makes his slightly tan skin stand out, making it look so much like honey.

The sweet melody starts playing weakly in my head, slow and soothing

His dark hair that falls perfectly above his eyes has always intrigued me. What would it feel to run my hands through it? Would it feel as soft as it looks? And those lips, they are perfect both in shape and color and they always seem to be teasing me. How would they feel against my own lips?

The melody starts getting clearer and becomes slightly faster without losing the soft feeling of it.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

He knocks on the door again surprising me. I jump away from the door and the melody dies quickly bringing me back to reality.

“Coming” I hear my older brother saying and my heart stings a little. If my brother opens the door I won’t have the chance to look at him directly, I can’t let this opportunity pass. I have been waiting the whole week just to see him and listening to the melody again.

I reach for the doorknob and take a deep breath before turning it and opening the door for him. Soon enough I see him, those beautiful eyes are looking directly into mine and the usual smile appears on his handsome face.

The melody is back once again, I can heart it clearly now, stronger than before.

“Good afternoon” he says politely before bowing, his words somehow fit perfectly with the melody. I bow in response and let him in but the melody is interrupted again when I hear another voice.

“Hello Hyunseong” my brother who is standing close to the stairs greets him. “Come on, let’s go to the study room” he points his finger at the end of the hallway and Hyunseong nods, walking to the appointed place in silence.

Seconds later, both of them are gone and I am still holding the door like an idiot. This is what happens every single time. I hear the melody and get so distracted I can’t talk to him. There is so much I want to know about him, so much I want to ask him but I end up not talking at all.

 

.

.

.

 

Next day I head to the study room to get my math book and notice something strange, a little brown notebook which looks really old. I have never seen this before so I grab it and out of curiosity I peek through its pages. My eyes open in surprise when I start reading its content.

 

Breathtaking, Bewitching, Intoxicating

Every time I saw you I feel time is not enough

Swiftly, Rapidly, Accelerating

My heart can’t keep quiet because it is you who is around

Amazing, Exciting, Intriguing

Your puzzling behavior is what I want to find out

 

Is this some kind of love poem?? Does this belong to hyung? I didn’t know he could write like this. I go through more pages and read another one.

 

Do you think of me? Do you know my name?

Or am I just a lonely shadow on your day?

Did you notice? Do you see what my eyes say?

 

Maybe if I scream it at you with all my strength?

Do you get it? Do you feel it running through my veins?

This fire, this desire, this love, that knows no end

 

Wow!! Hyung is really talented. I can’t believe he never told me about this!! And I thought I was the artistic one in this family. I grab my math book and keep the notebook with me before heading to the kitchen where my brother is eating his favorite meal ever: chicken.

“Jinki hyung! Look what I found” I say smiling and waving the notebook in front of him. He gives me a quick glance before going back to devouring the chicken leg he is holding.

“Jeongmin, what is that?” he says with his mouth still full of chicken.

“Isn’t this your notebook?” I ask and he moves his head signaling no. I keep looking at him trying to figure out if he is denying it or if he is telling the truth.

“I am not giving you any chicken so stop staring at me” he adds quickly before holding the huge bucket of fried chicken and getting out of the kitchen.

This is definitely not his. What was I thinking? If he ever writes a love poem it will be about chicken, I am sure about that. I sit on the table and open the book once again. This handwriting is not hyung’s I should have noticed it before but then, who is the owner of this?

I look at the first page and there is not a single name on it, then I look at the last one and in the last line at the right corner written in styled letters there is a name that makes me go speechless.

 

Shim Hyunseong

 

This can’t be… It is really his? ….I t’s just.. He writes like this? He also has a romantic side?...

My excitement quickly dies when I realize what this book means. He is in love with someone. Every page, every poem is about love so he must be in love with someone and he must have been for a while now. I don’t think he came up with all of this in just a day, right?

 

.

.

.

 

 

Hyunseong POV

 

Where?? Where is it?? I had it yesterday. Where did I put it? Where is my notebook? I can’t lose it! Not that notebook! I empty the contents of my backpack on my bed and look for the notebook everywhere but it is not here.

“Young master, is everything ok??” my butler asks me and I nod at him.

“Everything is ok, you can go now” I say politely and he leaves the room.

I lie down on the bed next to the messy pile that are my school stuff and try to remember where I put it. I had it yesterday when I went to school. I even wrote a whole sonnet during history class, then I went for tutoring and then I came back home and….

Oh God! I left it at his house? How could I be so careless? How did I leave it there of all places? What if Jinki hyung reads it? What if…. What if Jeongmin reads it?

My heart starts beating faster than ever. I can’t let him read that, he can’t know about that book. I have to get my notebook back now! I immediately stand up of the bed and run to the stairs but unfortunately I find my dad when I am about to go down.

“Hyunseong, follow me” it is everything he says and I do as I am told. We both reach his office and I sit in front of him.

“Son, you know our family is very respected…” Here we go again. He always lectures me about how important being in this family is and what everyone expects about us and how he made everything he was supposed to… all of these only reflects how arrogant he actually is.

Right now, my mind doesn’t even register his words. What do I do now? Until my dad finish talking, it will be at least an hour and until I reach Jeongmin’s house would be another one. It will be too late. I will have to wait until tomorrow after school to get my notebook back.

I let out a deep breath that I didn’t know I was holding in and my mind travels to its favorite memory, the first time I ever saw Jeongmin.

I went to a school festival with my dad because he had a deal to make with the principal of the school. I tagged along because he made me but in the end I wasn’t allowed to enter the meeting so I ended up watching the performances of the festival.

There were kids dancing, some singing but nothing outstanding, until he came to stage. I remember I had just finished eating some corn when someone walked to the center of the stage with his guitar in hand.

He sat calmly and without another word, he started playing.

The melody started and it immediately caught my attention, but as soon he started singing and his voice reached my ears I felt like a wave of the sweetest and strongest emotion run through my whole body.

And when I looked at him, it just took me a minute to realize that he was special, the way his lips moved effortlessly while singing and the sound of his beautiful voice, it was so soft and deep that until this day I still dream about it sometimes. How his eyes only focused on his guitar with such a beautiful glow that could put the sun itself to shame.

Everything happened so fast, one minute he was singing making me feel like I just had awaken for the first time, everything around me felt a so new and exciting and I couldn’t stop looking at him, not even for a second.

And the next minute, he was gone. I turned around to the first person I saw and asked about him. The boy, who looked kind of confused but was still kind, gave me the name of the stranger that changed my world: Lee Jeongmin.

I looked for him through the whole school festival. I honestly didn’t know what I was going to tell him, I just knew I had to see him again. I had to hear that voice again, just one more time. I wanted to look into those eyes properly and listen to that voice close to me.

After an hour of looking without results I asked a random girl if by any chance she knew Lee Jeongmin, she answered she didn’t really knew him but that she saw his older brother next to the bulletin board if I needed to talk with him.

I asked her for the directions and I walked to the bulletin board, I saw a guy that looked like Jeongmin but slightly older posting something on the board before leaving quickly. I walked to the board and looked at the paper he just posted it.

So, Jeongmin’s brother is called Jinki and he is giving tutoring lessons. Tutoring, eh?? I smiled at my struck of luck. This is my chance to see him again.

“Do you get it now Hyunseong?” my dad words brings me back from my memories and I just nod in response. “I am glad you understand son. Now, go to sleep you have school tomorrow” I stand up and go back to my room.

 

.

.

.

 

I take a deep breath before knocking on the familiar wooden door. After a few seconds the door is opened revealing Jinki hyung’s surprised face. He had a backpack on his shoulder and his shoes on which can only mean he is about to go out.

“Hyunseong! Hi! What brings you here?” he asks with a kind smile.

“Hi Jinki hyung, I was just wandering if I let my notebook here yesterday” I ask while entering the living room.

“Notebook? I didn’t see anything… Oh! Wait, was it a brown one?” he asks me with a curious expression.

“Yes, huyng. Have you seen it?” I am glad my notebook is here and by the way Jinki hyung is talking to me normally he hasn’t read it.

“Yeah, Jeongmin found it” my heart stopped beating, Jeong… Jeongmin. He found it?

“He thought it was mine but I told him it wasn’t. I think he kept it” Jinki hyung explains calmly before looking at his watch and jumping slightly on his place because of the surprise, he must be late.

“Hyunseong, I am really sorry but I have to go. Why don’t you go ask Jeongmin for your notebook? Just go up the stairs and enter the second door at your left” I nod at him and before I knew it I am alone in the living room.

He found it. Jeongmin found my notebook. Have he read it?? What if he knows what all those poems mean?? What if he hates it?? What if he hates me??

I shake off my thoughts and start climbing the stairs, with every step I take I feel my heart beating faster. It is so strong I can pretty much hear it… Wait! That is not my heartbeat. I stop in front of the door Jinki hyung told me and listen to the soft ballad that is bouncing around the hallway:

 

The storm that was drowning my soul, suddenly cleared my grey sky

In a moment I understood that you are the other half of me

In an instant I saw you and the world stop existing

I can’t stop finding nor talking to you, even though you are not here

 

I have waited for you a whole eternity

In this April afternoon the waiting came to an end

I can’t stop thinking nor loving you, even though you are not here

 

Those words belong to me, they are my poem. Is this Jeongmin’s voice? How is it that this strange melody fits so well with the words I wrote? Is Jeongmin singing it?

I keep walking and open the door in front of me and that is when I saw it, Jeongmin’s back is facing me. He is singing at the top of his lungs looking at his open window. I wish he could turn aournd so I can see his face while singing.

 

Don’t leave me here, I don’t want to suffer anymore

If only you knew that I am nothing,

That I am nothing without you

Without you

 

Just one, Just a minute was enough to love you

In just a second we realized this was forever

I can’t hide it, I can’t help it

Being next to you makes me feel different

 

The melody finally comes to an end and Jeongmin turns around. He looks right into my eyes and I look back at him. Shortly after, I can feel a burning sensation on my cheeks and my heart is beating so fast I am afraid it might explodes but even if that is a possibility I don’t want to look away from him.

He is so perfect, his brown hair framing his beautiful features, his dark orbs have a special shine that I can´t describe, his little nose looks so cute and his lips, they are slightly plump and of such a beautiful light pink color. I notice he has earrings and that somehow makes him look even more beautiful.

 

“Hi Hyunseong” his soft voice invades the room once again and I want nothing more that keep hearing him.

He remembers my name? I thought he didn’t know who I was. He always opens the door when I arrive but he never said more than a few words to me and I was too shy to say anything he always looked too beautiful, like a unreachable dream, exactly like he looks right now.

“Hi” my words sound so clumsy, like a girl talking with his crush. Come on, Hyunseong. Say something smart. “I guess you found my notebook” as soon as I let those words out his face changes completely, he looks annoyed and hurt. Did I say something wrong¿? I haven’t even talked that much. How did I screw things up so fast??

“Yes, sorry about reading it. I thought it belonged to hyung’s so … Sorry” he says while placing his guitar on his bed and coming closer to me.

“Don’t worry about it” I answer while involuntary scratching the back of my neck, it is a nervous reflection. Why is he talking in such a cold way?? Did I do something to him?? Wait!! What if he found out the whole notebook is about him?? Don’t tell me he saw the page where I did an acrostic with his name!! This is so embarrassing!!

“She is really lucky” he says after leaving a sigh out. What is he talking about?? “You must really like her, the way you talk about her in these lines, the thought you put on every written word. She is really lucky” he adds with a sad smile on his face.

Wait!! He doesn’t know I wrote this for him?? “Actually” I gather the courage to talk again. “I love the person I wrote this for. It was pretty much love at first sight” I tell him with a smile on my face.

“Oh” he looks a bit taken aback because of my words but I am not done talking yet. This is my chance, it is now or never. When will I have another chance like this to talk with him?? I have to tell him NOW!!

 

 

Jeongmin POV

 

Great!! So now he says it on my face! He loves her! I can’t believe I have been wasting my feelings on him for half a year while he was in love with some girl. I should have known a guy like him couldn´t possible like me. He is too proper to even think about liking a boy in the first place…

My train of thoughts is interrupted as I see Hyunseong walking closer to me, his eyes seem to be looking at his notebook that is on my bed so I pick it up but when I turn around Hyunseong face is close to me, really close.

I have never been so close to him before, if I lean just a little bit more I could finally taste his lips and that simple taught makes my heart jump in delight and my legs go weak. I look at his eyes for a second and they draw me in even more, they are unreadable but undoubtedly beautiful, his gaze is so strong it makes me blush.

I want to kiss him so badly but I can´t. He loves someone else. He even wrote a freaking love book for her!! Wake up Jeongmin!! I look down at the notebook in my hands and push it against his chest “Here, you can have your notebook back” I add.

I can feel Hyunseong looking at me for a few seconds and it is making me so nervous. Why isn’t he saying anything?? Why is he still standing so close to me?? Should I stand away?? Suddenly, Hyunseong places his warm hand on top of mine and I look at him surprised.

 

“You can keep it. You are its owner after all” he adds while softly brushing his fingers on top of my hand. The feeling of his fingers on my skin makes my body tingle but I feel so confused right now, Keep the book? What is he talking about?

“What?” I ask in a small voice because of our closeness but Hyunseong hears me.

“This book was written for you. You inspired it so it belongs to you” Hyunseong explains in a soothing voice that I find really charming. “I… Jeongmin, you…” his cheeks are taint with a soft light pink tone now and he looks adorable in my eyes.

 

He takes a deep breath and stares into my eyes before smiling and saying “Jeongmin, I think I am in love with you”

“What?” I ask again, it is actually a reflection because my mind has stopped working after his confession.

“When I saw you on that festival…” he says nervous “and I thought if Jinki hyung tutored me we would get to know each other… that didn’t work as I planned though… But you find the notebook I wrote for you so… I just wanted you to know” he says releasing his grip from my shoulders and standing slightly away from me.

My heart is beating so fast I can hear it on my ears. The book is for me!! He feels this way about me??!! Not anyone else in this world but me!! Is this really happening??!!

I look at Hyunseong and he looks so much like a lost puppy waiting for his owner to pick him up right now, my heart betas faster when our eyes meet and without thinking it I walk to him and hug him tight. I hug his waist, pressing him against me and resting my head on his shoulder.

 

“Me too” I whisper into Hyunseong’s ear “I think I am in love with you too” I feel Hyunseong’s arms involving my waist and tightening around me. It feels amazing to be this close to him, so perfect, like our bodies are meant to fit each other in a hug.

“Jeongmin, would you go on a date with me?” Hyunseong asks in a shy voice and I smile into the crook of his neck. I move my head to face him and nod as a reply. Hyunseong’s beautiful lips turn into the cat smile that I like so much as his eyes turn into half moons. He leans closer while smiling and quickly pecks my lips. I stare at him surprised. Did he just kiss me??

 

“I am sorry” he says in a worried tone of voice “was it too soon?... I am just so happy and you look so beautiful… I couldn’t…” I smile at his cuteness. He really cares for me, doesn’t he?

Before he keeps rambling I press my lips against his and kiss him. His lips respond slowly but soon enough they are eagerly meeting with mine. My hands travel on its own to circle around Hyunseong’s neck so I can finally have a good taste of those lips that have teased me for so long.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This is it!! Hope you enjoyed it!!

The song that Jeongmin is singing is from a Mexican duo called 'Rio Roma' the song is in Spanish and I translated the lyrics here ^^ If you want to check out the original song here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhB-43Wok6k

And Hyunseong's poems you may ask... (I wrote them ><).

Thanks for reading commeting subscribing or upvoting!! Thank you!!

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND