01

Writing Reality

“Damn it!” Baekhyun called out in frustration, whipping the pencil out of his hands and instead grabbed patches of his hair. His hands traveled from his hand to his face, and massaged his temples to ease the resentment. It had been nearly three months, and the writer still had no  new ideas for upcoming romantic novel.

 

Baekhyun went through everything to think of his plot: looking up sappy love stories on the Internet, asking his family for their personal experiences, even going to the park and examining couples.  His desperation reached its zenith when Baekhyun found himself trying to plagiarize John Green’s storylines.

 

“I’ll come back to it in five minutes.” Baekhyun muttered, but he knew himself that it was a mere excuse. He stood up from his writing desk, which was decorated with crumpled papers and scattered painkillers and took ten footsteps into his kitchen. His apartment wasn’t as spacious as he wanted it to be, but the aura of it was definitely homey.

 

Baekhyun switched the ‘on’ button of his coffeemaker and waited serenely for his morning addiction, humming to the sound of it brewing.

 

As he whistled to the fridge, a voice exclaimed from the living room, “Morning, Baek!” Baekhyun shrieked in surprise and twirled around, meeting eyes with his roommate, Chanyeol.

 

“, dude! You scared me!” He yelled, holding his hand against his pounding chest.

 

“You’re a weenie.” Chanyeol chuckled, his voice three octaves lower than Baekhyun’s. “Make me a cup of coffee, too.”

 

“Did you just call me a weenie?” Baekhyun scoffed, “I haven’t been called that since the third grade.”

 

Chanyeol jumped on top of the island counter and responded, “You know what else you haven’t done since the third grade? Thought of a new idea for your book.” Chanyeol mentally high-fived himself but Baekhyun was anything but amused.

 

“YAH! Take that back, you giant!” Baekhyun whirled around his hands like the blades of a helicopter, hitting Chanyeol furiously.

 

“Ok, okay!” Chanyeol said, stifling his giggles at the sight of a puny Baekhyun attempting to fight him.

 

Abruptly, the concurrent sounds of the coffee maker's beeping and Chanyeol’s ringtone amplified through the kitchen. Baekhyun retrieved the coffee, whilst Chanyeol left to answer his phone.

 

“Wait, Chanyeol! I need you to get the coffee creamer at the top cupboard! I’m too short!” Baekhyun exclaimed and Chanyeol carelessly waved his hand in the air, busy with his call.

 

“Fine, I’ll get it myself.” Baekhyun scoffed. Having Chanyeol as a roommate, Baekhyun didn’t bother buying a stepping platform. Now that Chanyeol was unavailable, Baekhyun settled on climbing on top of the counter.

 

Gripping firmly to the fridge, Baekhyun lifted himself on top of the counter, the soles of his foot hanging over the edge. He carefully made his way to the top-most cupboard and scoured for the coffee creamer. Once he saw the familiar brown container, Baekhyun removed his hand from the fridge and went to retrieve it. Once both hands grasped the bottle, Baekhyun stumbled a bit and within a millisecond, Baekhyun knew he was doomed.

 

“Aw, fu-!” Baekhyun lost his balance and plunged downwards, flailing his arms around to grab anything. Amidst his fall, he knocked over the dusty debris left on top of his fridge and the two, the debris and him, fell with a boisterous BAM!

 

“Ow, ow, ow.” Baekhyun whined as he touched his knee, which now turned purple after colliding with the floor. He then shifted towards whatever fell next to him; the object left a puff of dust everywhere. Baekhyun coughed through the dust, picking it up.

 

It was a small box, but inside held numerous objects: lots and lots of folded notes, a book, and a collection of photos. Baekhyun picked up the book first which was decorated with maroon and gold stripes. Baekhyun used his shirt to wipe the cover, and once he saw the words engraved on the book, his jaw dropped.

 

There, in fine black print, it wrote: Jungwon High School Yearbook: Class of 2009.

 

“Holy… .. I haven’t seen this in forever.” Baekhyun whispered to himself. He was about to open the book when a cackling Chanyeol came in, holding his stomach and pointing at Baekhyun.

 

“Dude, what the HELL! You have to get something from the cupboard and you fall on your ?! I’m dead!!” Chanyeol laughed hysterically while Baekhyun sat there, embarrassed.

 

Chanyeol’s laughter simmered down and he noticed the book in Baekhyun’s hand, “What the hell is that? Looks like it was kept as an ancient remain or something.”

 

“Shut up. It’s my yearbook from high school.” Baekhyun then opened the book and flipped through the pages. “Look, it’s me.” Baekhyun pointed to a rectangular image of Baekhyun, his fringe reaching his eyes and his eyes small as lines.

 

“You look the same,” Chanyeol smirked and bent down to pick up the book. “Let’s see… Prom King: Kim Jongin, Most Annoying: Kim Jongdae, Most Likely to Succeed: Wu Yi Fan… boring!” He flipped to the last pages and raised a curious brow to Baekhyun.

 

“What?” The smaller male asked, bewildered.

 

“Who’s this, hm?” Chanyeol showed Baekhyun the very last page in his book. It was a white page with a signature and message written in a light pink pen.

 

It read: I love your scent, how your Chanel cologne is mixed with the smell of aftershave. I love your eyes, how they turn to crescent moons when you smile. I love your embrace, how you make me feel safe and loved all at the same time. I love you! - Haena

 

“I love you? I love you?! Who’s this?” Chanyeol asked, interested, and sat down on the floor with Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun grazed over the writing with his finger, grinning at the nostalgia. “Song Haena, she was my.. my high school sweetheart, I guess.”

 

Chanyeol took the book from Baekhyun’s hands and flipped through the females of his class. “Song Haena… woah.

 

“Woah what?”

 

“Woah like she’s smoking hot and I can’t believe THIS,” Chanyeol went to the page of Baekhyun’s picture and pointed to his face, “THIS was able to get her.”

 

“I’m totally not offended…” Baekhyun words trailed off and the ends of his lips slowly twisted in a satisfied smile. “But yeah, she was totally out my league.”

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Nothing, really.We just went to different colleges and cut off connection.” Baekhyun’s smile slowly dissolved into a weak frown. “We had different plans for our futures, you know?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, acting as if he could relate when he couldn’t at all. Noticing the darkening atmosphere, Chanyeol reached for the box, curious of what else was inside. He picked up a handful of pictures and gently patted the dust off it.

 

The first picture unveiled a grinning Baekhyun clasping hands with Hyeri, who was staring at the male in bliss. “You guys looked cute,” Chanyeol noted.

 

Chanyeol went through the multiple pictures, smiling and commenting on each one. He was about five pictures in when he suddenly threw the pictures out his hand, shrieking in complete shock. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!” He screamed, then covered his mouth with his two hands.

 

Baekhyun looked at him in confusion, but then went to pick up the picture Chanyeol had just threw away. “What picture is so bad for you to- AH!” Baekhyun yelped in surprise, but was then replaced with a light chuckle.

 

“Really dude.. it’s just my bare .” Baekhyun turned the picture around and Chanyeol covered his eyes right away.

 

“Why do you have a picture of your ?!” Chanyeol twirled the picture around again to get it out of his sight.

 

“I was skinny dipping with.. never mind.”

 

“Wait…” Chanyeol sat up with a serious expression. “You were with Haena?! Give it here, bro.” Chanyeol raised up his fist and Baekhyun pounded it.

 

“You were crazy in high school,” Chanyeol laughed at his roommate with the scandalous past.

 

“Yeah.. we did a lot of crazy things together.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like.. I remember crashing a wedding while we were drunk.. and then we went streaking at 3 in the morning—that was fun. And then we got branded! Just normal things, you know?”

 

“Yeah… totally.. normal…” Chanyeol stuttered and turn his back to whisper, “What a ing weirdo…

 

“Your relationship sounds like a story.” Chanyeol blurted out. Baekhyun nodded and started cleaning up; he felt that was enough reminiscing for today.

 

“Wait..” Chanyeol jumped up. “Did you not hear what I just said?!”

 

“Yeah.. I did. Your point?”

 

“It sounds like a story… WRITE YOUR STORY BASED ON HER! It’s perfect.. you have to write a romantic novel and I don’t anything more romantic than uh, getting and drunk crashing a wedding.” Chanyeol forced a smile but his message was completely genuine.

 

Baekhyun scoffed, “You’re crazy. And plus, I don’t even remember anything we did in detail. It’s all pretty vague.”

 

“Vague my …,” Chanyeol muttered. “Okay then, call her up! Grab a phone book or something. This is the best idea you’ve gotten in three months and you know it.”

 

Chanyeol began to walk away, leaving a pondering Baekhyun sitting on the kitchen floor.

 

--

 

“Just give me some words of encouragement, Chanyeol! I’m so nervous!” Baekhyun shook the sweat off his hands and rubbed them together again, creating even more sweat.

 

“Just do it, Baek! You ing !” Chanyeol groaned at his roommate who has been contemplating to dial a number for the last hour.

 

The two had went through three phone books and finally found the one they were looking for: Haena.

 

“Okay, okay.” Baekhyun picked up his cell phone and pressed her number in, shaking his finger on each digit. “I can’t, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun threw the phone on Chanyeol’s lap.

 

“NO, WE’RE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN!” Chanyeol yelled in frustration and grabbed Baekhyun’s small face in his big hand and squished his face against the armrest of the couch. He then placed the phone next to Baekhyun’s ear and climbed on top of his body, not allowing Baekhyun to move an inch.

 

The phone picked up and Baekhyun’s heart stopped at the voice of a female.

 

“Hello?” The other line said and Baekhyun was surprised at how a single word left his heart pounding.

 

“Hello… is this Song Haena?” Baekhyun said with such insecurity in his voice that it seemed like it would crack any second.

 

“Yes it is, who is this?”

 

“Hey.. Haena. It’s me, Byun Baekhyun.” He said and immediately regretted it afterwards. He felt Chanyeol loosened up his grip and then completely got off him, leaving the room while pointing his two thumbs up at him.

 

The line went silent for a few seconds. Then, Haena answered, “Baekhyun? Really? I can’t believe it’s you!”

 

“Well, it’s me, heh. How are you?”

 

“Me? I’m fine, I’m fine! How about you? How’s life as an author?”

 

“I’m fine, as well. And uh, speaking of that…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I need to ask you for a big favor, and I’ll explain everything to you when we meet.”

 

“When we meet?”

 

“Yes… that is, if you want to meet. Are you willing to help me?”

 

“Of course I am! What kind of favor do you need of me?”

 

“Uhm… would you go to the amusement park with me this Saturday?”

 

--

 

It was a cerulean day and white puffs decorated the sky, bordering the Sun so it wasn’t too bright. Baekhyun lifted his chin and inhaled deeply, an action done to express his anxiety for his meetup and satisfaction of the weather. He remembered that Haena loved days like this; she was always responsible for choosing the days of their dates.

 

The more he thought about her, the more of a headache he got; he didn’t know if it was out of agitation or remorse.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes struck open once he heard a blithe voice chirp, “Baekhyun!”

 

His focus diverted towards the voice and his lips instantly lifted to smile. There she was, his former lover skipping her way towards him. She hadn’t changed a bit, with legs too long for her body, a set of angel kisses on both sides of her cheeks, and a radiant grin that could start a war. As it was pretty heated day, her outfit consisted of a strapless, bodycon shirt that hugged her upper body and a pair of denim shorts.

 

“Baekhyun,” Haena started and shyly glanced at the male, “we finally meet again.”

 

The way his name slid from her lips made his heart jump; it had been such a long time since he heard her voice.

 

“I know, it’s been such a long time.”

 

“You’re telling me,” she said, and Baekhyun got the hint that maybe their meetup was long overdue. “Soo, what’s up with the sudden meetup?”

 

“Uh… you know I’m a writer, right?”

 

Haena’s eyebrows furrowed and replied, “Yes, Baekhyun. I am indeed aware that you are an author.”

 

“I’m basically having the worst writer’s block of MY LIFE. I don’t know what to write about and when I have an idea, it turns out as a really ty one!” He sighed, exasperated.

 

“They can’t be that bad, right?”

 

“My last idea was about a guy who goes to an alternate universe and falls in love with an alien that shapeshifts to plants.”

 

Haena couldn’t help but chuckle, “Well, you were always an extreme botanist. That explains The Florist on the 14th, but that was probably my favorite.”

 

Baekhyun’s cheeks turned a marsala shade, flattered by the fact that she read his work.

 

“But, wait-” Her voice spoke, “what do I have to do with your writer’s block?”

 

“Well, I was thinking that maybe if we, uh, were able to hang out, then, uhm, we could—I mean—it could serve as, uhm,  a type of inspiration, you know?

 

“I feel what you’re saying,” she laughed. “So, can our little adventure start now?”

 

“Oh, sure! Sorry, I was babbling a lot.” Baekhyun and Haena started walking packed entrance, but since they already got their tickets, they were able to skip to the front.

 

As they approached the entrance, both were patted down by a male security guard. Baekhyun went first and had to endure an uncomfortable few seconds of the man touching all around his body. It was Haena’s turn and Baekhyun watched with slight envy as the male’s hands made physical contact with her entire body; he nearly growled when he noticed the slight grin on the guard’s face.

 

When she was done, he practically pulled her away from the man’s grasp and swiftly walked away. “Woah—okay,” she let out as Baekhyun forcefully pulled her in his grip.  

 

“Where first?” Baekhyun asked, looking around. There were so many choices, but he knew Haena’s worst pet peeve was waiting, and most of them had lines and lines of people for the attraction.

“Hm, that one!” She pointed to a specific rollercoaster that probably would have scared off most, but not Baekhyun. If he had one talent, aside from writing, it would probably be doing the most daring activities. Baekhyun did it all; sky-diving, bungee jumping, falling over a cliff. He was like a baby to all of these, and he loved it. Haena, on the other side, wasn’t that much of a fan, but was always naive to trying different things.

 

When it was their turn to climb aboard, they sat together. As it was a four-seater, a pair of guy friends sat next to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun noticed they rocked forward to take a glance at the person next to him. Irked, he said in a hushed voice to the guy next to him, “Hey, stop looking at the lady like that.”

 

The male laughed, “Nah, dude. You got the wrong idea.”

 

“And what is that I’m getting wrong?”

 

“That I’m more interested in you than the girl.”

 

“Oh.. o-okay.” Baekhyun instantly felt discontent and turned his head the other way.

 

“Is everyone ready?!” The staff shouted.

 

“WE’RE READY!” Everyone aboard yelled back.

 

“Then here we go!” The staff member then pressed the red button and everyone jolted forward, starting the ride.

 

The ride started going up, just like any typical rollercoaster. Haena’s breaths became faster as they neared the top, and the front seats were already tipping downwards. “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” she said quickly.

 

“It’s okay, Haena.” Baekhyun tried to calm her down. “Just close your eyes.”

 

As soon as she did so, the rollercoaster suddenly dropped. Baekhyun smiled as he felt the the foreign adrenaline that he hadn’t got in a long time; the wind rushing through his hair and the sun beaming down on his face. He was having the time of his life.

 

Then his attention focused on the girl next to him, and he bursted laughing once he saw her. Haena had her eyes shut tightly and her hands were flailing everywhere. was closed, however.

 

The coaster took a right turn and Haena slid closer to Baekhyun. Immediately, they started going up and Haena groaned, knowing that they had two more of these drops to go. They were nearing the next one, and Baekhyun Haena chanting something, he didn’t know what, but smiled at the sight. The male next to him exclaimed, “Dude! Hold her ing hand!”

 

“Wait, what? Why?” Baekhyun said, frozen.

 

“Just do it, and you’ll thank me later.”

 

Baekhyun then turned to Haena, who was violently shaking her hands around. Manning up, he took one in his own grasp.

 

Haena felt her hand in the grip of a larger one, one that fit her’s like a glove, that clutched it just to her liking, that held her to a sense of security.

 

She then opened her eyes, the first time since the ride started, and began to actually enjoy it.

 

--

 

“Hungry?” Baekhyun asked and Haena nodded her head like a little kid.

 

Since the first ride, they went on various others: go-kart racing, a towering swing set ride, two other coasters, and a boat ride. They had bought popcorn and cotton candy in between, but that didn’t satisfy their appetites very much.

 

“I know that you can eat while watching the circus act not too far from here. Do you want to go there?” Baekhyun proposed.

 

“That might be your best idea in a long time.”

 

--

 

“And for the last act.. we need two volunteers!”

 

Trying to hide, both Haena and Baekhyun faced their heads downwards, literally staring at their scattered fries and ketchup stains.

 

Their efforts were to no avail as the lights turned down to them and the announcer yelled, “No need to hide! You two, come on up!”

 

“, , .” Haena muttered as she brought her head up, followed by Baekhyun.

 

“Come on!” The announcer said again, and the two were forced up to the stage.

 

“Look at these two youths, everyone let’s give them an applause!” As followed, the spectators rowdily clapped their hands for the pair.

 

“Alright, enough with the acrobats and pie-throwing clowns. Let’s end with a magic trick!”

 

Ooh’s and ah’s filled the area but just scared Baekhyun and Haena even more.

 

“Alright, both of you take a card from the deck. Any!” The person neatly spread out the deck in his hands and they reached for individual cards on opposite sides.

 

“Very well,” the announcer placed the cards back on the table and turned around with two Sharpies in his hand. “With this, sign your card with your name.”

 

The two did as told, Baekhyun sloppily writing his signature and Haena showing off her calligraphy skills on the card, ending her signature with a little heart.  

 

“Now, fold your card twice until it looks like a square with four spaces. Next, put it in your mouth.”

 

Weirded out, they did as told and placed the signed cards in their mouth. Haena looked at Baekhyun with a bewildered expression; the male replied back with a shrug.

 

“Now, everyone. How cool would it be if the card were to be switched, even though their mouths are closed?”

 

The audience let out different shouts of ‘no way!’, ‘impossible’, and little kids yelped ‘awesome!’.

 

“However, that depends on these two people. See, the magic behind this is through the power of love—through kissing!”

 

“Ooooh!” The audience replied back. Baekhyun and Haena looked at each other with wide eyes and refused to the announcer as the card was still in their mouths.

 

“I don’t see the problem here. Just a little peck and the cards will be exchanged! Everyone, give them your support!”

 

The crowd then shouted a chant, “Do it! Do it! Do it!”

 

The pair looked at each other, as the crowd kept on yelling and the pressure intensified. Haena was the one who approached first. Baekhyun felt as if his feet were glued to the floor, because it seemed that he couldn’t move at all.                                                                                         To him, it was like time around him had stopped. The audience’s boisterous noises had now become faint whispers and the rows of people turned into colorful blobs of circles. It was only him and Haena there.

 

Somehow, she was now right in front of him. She inched closer to his face little by little; he closed his eyes when their noses were about to touch.

 

His heart pumped at such a high rate, feeling like it was going to explode. He had just waited until a pair of lips would settle on his, the taste of strawberry to be exchanged from her’s to his.

 

But just as he anticipated for that, a sudden and quick touch was placed on his cheek and he opened his eyes.

 

Haena took a step back and tried to talk with the card in , “Hopefully that works, too?”

 

“Sure, it does! No one here is going to force a kiss on the lips.” The announcer smiled and the audience clapped in agreeance.

 

Are you ing kidding me, Baekhyun thought in his head, the emotion of disappointment clearly shown in his face.

 

“Now, take the cards out of your mouths and take a look!”

 

They did as instructed, and both of them were surprised with what they held in their hands. Baekhyun held Haena’s, unfazed with her fancy writing. Haena held Baekhyun’s, trying to trifle a giggle from the messy chicken scratch.

 

“And that’s it, everyone! Have a good night!” The announcer stepped down and the audience roared with applause. He took off his large, black hat and bowed to the pair, thanking them for their participation.

 

“Wasn’t that cool?!” Haena exclaimed, walking toward their original seats to throw away their trash.

 

“Yeah, it was. I really can’t think of a way how that was possible.”

 

“Through the power of kissing,” Haena replied, “did you not hear what he said?”

 

“Pffft,” Baekhyun scoffed. “As if that’s really the trick. Magic isn’t real, Haena. Like, duh.”

 

“Hey, take that back! It is real! You can’t think that everything in life is based off on logistics or something. Sometimes magical things happen, you know?”

 

“Yeah, ok. Whatever you say.” Baekhyun and Haena exited the stadium. “Wow, it’s dark already. We probably spent a lot of time in there.”

 

“Yeah,” Haena checked the time on her watch, “we should leave soon. You know, I have work tomorrow and everything.”

 

Baekhyun replied with a monotonous, “oh, okay” and sulked by himself. With that one comment, he was reminded that once the day was over, they would go separate ways and return to their original lifestyles, without each other. He was reminded that tomorrow, he would no longer hear her cute giggles and her sarcastic comments. He wouldn’t see the face that he hadn’t seen in so long.         

 

Interrupting his little sad session, Haena exclaimed, “Let’s go on the ferris wheel!”

 

“Oh, gosh, no. That thing takes so long. The only good you could get from riding that is probably a nice Instagram picture once you’re at the top. Other than that, nothing.” Baekhyun refused.

 

“Oh, come on. It’s the last thing we can go on today. I swear we went on everything else.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Fine.”


 

The two entered the mini gondola, seating themselves in which they could see the view of the black sky, adorned with the colors of the attractions below.

 

The ferris wheel started soon after. The two didn’t talk much; Baekhyun saw that Haena had closed her eyes, indicating she wanted to appreciate the serene environment and calming music played.

 

It wasn’t two minutes in when Baekhyun blurted, “You know, today was really fun.”

 

Haena chuckled and opened her eyes. “Really? Was it fun enough to write a novel about it?”

 

Baekhyun blushed, “Yeah, it was.”

 

“Well, I’m glad I could help. And don’t forget to put me in the credits of your book!”

 

“I won’t, I promise. I’ll put your name in the last page.”

 

“Why the last page? Credits are usually in the beginning, Baek.”

 

“Because, I recently saw this book and your name was in the very back.”

 

Haena thought for a quick second. “And what book was that?”

 

“Our old yearbook.”

 

Haena snapped her attention to him, her eyes gentle and the ends of tugging into a smile, “Baek, you still have that?”

 

“Of course. It is literally what brought me to you again.”

 

“Wow. I don’t even know where I put mine. Why would you go through it again? I probably wrote something so cringeworthy and disgusting.”

 

“No, you didn’t.” Baekhyun slid closer to her. “Do you know what you wrote?”

 

“No, I don’t remember.”

 

Baekhyun recited from memory, “I love your scent, how your Chanel cologne is mixed with the smell of aftershave. I love your eyes, how they turn to crescent moons when you smile. I love your embrace, how you make me feel safe and loved all at the same time. I love you.”

 

“Baek-”

 

“And do you know what I wrote in your’s?”

 

Haena bit her lip, “No, I don’t.”

 

“I wrote: I love your smile, how it is so bright and warming, like the sunshine to rain. I love your hands, how it seems like it was perfectly fitted to mine. I love your gaze, how you make me feel cared for and loved all at the same time. I love you.”

 

Haena could feel tears on the edge of her eyes, waiting to fall but she refused to let them. “B-Baek, I don’t know what to say.”

 

Baekhyun inched closer and closer, until he heard her short breaths and the rapid beating of her heart clearly. “You don’t need to say anything.”

 

Caressing her cheek, which had now was a heated pink color, he then lifted her chin with his hand. He went closer, touching noses. He then tilted to the side and closed the gap between them. His lips molded so well with her’s, a sensation that they had missed so dearly. Baekhyun’s hands wandered to her arm, painting goosebumps on her skin. She tilted sideways, placing her hand on the crook of the crook of his neck.

 

They both broke away from each other’s lips. Their hearts were fluttering, an adrenaline that could not even compare the one earlier on the rollercoaster. A smile crept up on Haena’s face, and she quickly concealed it by shyly placing her head down. Baekhyun lightly chuckled, taking her hand into his.

 

Baekhyun was the first to speak, “That was.. magical.”

 

Haena went in for another chaste kiss, “Magic isn’t real, Baek.”

 

--

 

“There are so many people I thank for the success of this novel. There’s Chanyeol, my close friend who pushed me to my limits to finish it. My family, who supported me along the way. And very importantly, my fiancée, who was the literal inspiration behind this. Thank you and please continue to support ‘Writing Reality’.” Baekhyun cut the ribbon and the people applauded, with whistles and shouts of support following.

 

It only took a day for Baekhyun and Haena to realize that they complete each other, and separating wasn’t an option. Haena quit her bull job and became Baekhyun’s publicist. Utilizing her communication skills from her previous work, she couldn’t have found a more ideal job.

 

Haena came from behind the curtains, offering Baekhyun a glass of champagne.

 

“To the success of our story.” Haena smiled and raised her own glass.

 

“To the success of our story.” Baekhyun repeated after.





A/N:

WOO! Finally got around to completing this story. I got lazy near the end, but I hope that won't be a problem, lol. Also, I wrote the last half in one go and am not really feeling to edit and revise it, so I'll do it at a later time. Till the next fic!