1/?

Blood

    Jongin examined the area, gripping tightly onto his sword as he scanned the forest he was in. He was completely lost, and he'd never felt the amount of fear that he did now. A zombie could easily sneak up on him and bite him. He tells himself that even though he's the best warrior in their village, and he's killed 7 zombies that have tried to sneak up on him already.

    He hears a groan from his right and his body goes stiff. Something grabs his arm and before he can scream, he hears the zombie do so and some sort of cracking sound to come along with it. The zombie falls limply to the ground, jaw broken, and Jongin turns to thank his savior. He jolts when he sees another zombie next to him, quite a cute one at that. The creature raises it's hands in surrender and Jongin furrows his brows. It then clicks that this zombie punched the other one in the jaw. But why?

    They both examine each other, and Jongin has to admit that if the zombie were still human, he would have been very handsome. "Why didn't you eat me?" Jongin finally asks, as if the zombie would respond. And he's shocked when he does. "D-Different," the zombie pointed at itself, "I don't hurt h-humans." The zombie said shakily.

    "Why?" Jongin asked hesitantly. "D-Don't know. I c-can't do it." Jongin couldn't believe that the more the zombie spoke, the cuter he seemed. If Sehun knew he had a zombie crush, he would be teased endlessly. And he would also be called insane. "What's your name?" Jongin breathed, still staring at the zombie in awe. "Uh.. Myu.. n-no, it's K-Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo replied unsurely. "Well, nice to meet you, K-Kyungsoo." Jongin laughed softly, holding out his hand. Kyungsoo shook it hesitantly, looking up at Jongin with his big doe eyes.

    Jongin's surprised when he feels Kyungsoo's skin. It doesn't feel disgusting like he thought it would, it just feels cold and kind of soft. Jongin's hand lingers on Kyungsoo's for a moment longer as they stare into each other's eyes.

    Jongin couldn't believe it. He'd done the unthinkable. He'd fallen in love with a zombie.

    Jongin cleared his throat awkwardly and let his hand fall to his side. "I don't suppose you know a way out of here?" The corner of Jongin's lips curved into a smile. Kyungsoo shook his head sadly. "I've been s-stuck here for a w-while. B-Big forest."

    "No kidding." Jongin murmured. Kyungsoo's hand wrapped around Jongin's and Jongin felt his heart skip a beat. "F-Follow me." Kyungsoo startled leading him off somewhere. "I t-take you to my h-house. Okay?" Kyungsoo smiled a unique heart shaped smile and Jongin grinned, nodding quickly. Jongin was surprised when Kyungsoo led him to a pretty cottage, albeit a little worn out due to the apocalypse. "I c-came here when I w-was alive, I w-would sneak off just t-to play here. It's b-been abandoned for years."

    Jongin nodded again, following Kyungsoo inside. "D-Don't worry. Zombies never c-come here." Kyungsoo noticed the sky was darkening and frowned. "I-I guess you stay here? W-With me?"

    "Well, I have no clue where my village is, so I guess I will." Jongin flashed Kyungsoo a captivating smile, and if Kyungsoo could blush he would. Kyungsoo sat on an old mattress and Jongin sat next to him. "S-Sleep." Jongin furrowed his brows but lied down anyway. Kyungsoo rubbed a cold, icky clump of who-knows-what on Jongin's face and arms, laying down in front of Jongin afterwards. "Kyungsoo?" Jongin blushed when Kyungsoo wrapped his lithe arms around Jongin's waist, burrowing his face in the crook of Jongin's neck.

    "M-Masking your scent." Kyungsoo smiled weakly. Jongin knew there was more to it than that but nodded anyway, slowly drifting off to sleep.

    Jongin woke up with a zombie sniffing him and nearly screamed, but forced himself to remain calm so the zombie wouldn't smell his fear or something. The zombie simply stared at him before getting up and leaving. Once Jongin was absolutely sure the zombie was out of earshot, he shook Kyungsoo to wake him up.

    Kyungsoo moaned and Jongin bit his lip because god that was so y. Kyungsoo blinked blearily and realized the compromising position he was in, pushing himself out of Jongin's arms. "Um, g-good morning." Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. "Good morning. We had a visitor a while ago."

    Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "Did you get bitten?"

    "Well, I'm still alive and my heart's still beating so no. It must have thought I was a zombie." Jongin shrugged. Kyungsoo nodded and grabbed Jongin's wrist, pulling him up with surprising strength. "L-Let's go c-catch breakfast."

    "Catch?" Jongin raised an eyebrow. He understood what Kyungsoo meant when they stopped in front of a river with fish flying out of it. "Oh, are we bears now?" Jongin teased. Kyungsoo laughed and playfully hit Jongin on the shoulder, bending down and squinting at the water. He saw a fish and grabbed it, tossing it into a metal bucket. Jongin wasn't a big fan of fish but shrugged anyway, bending down. He was much better than Kyungsoo when it came to catching fish, since he was more agile.

    Kyungsoo threw a fish at Jongin, crossing his arms and pouting. "N-No fair." Jongin laughed and pat Kyungsoo's head. "I think we caught enough." Jongin looked down at the full bucket. Kyungsoo nodded and tried to pick up the bucket, but failed miserably. Jongin smiled and grabbed the bucket with ease, making Kyungsoo pout again as they went back into the cottage.

    After they cooked the fish using an old furnace, they sat down at a table that was almost touching the ground. Jongin picked at his fish while Kyungsoo devoured his ravenously. Once a third of the bucket was gone, courtesy of Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo put a lid on it and turned to Jongin.

    Jongin examined Kyungsoo as they sat in comfortable silence. If it weren't for his sickly pale skin and the gash on his back indicating where he was bitten, Jongin would have been convinced that Kyungsoo was a living human. "K-Kyungsoo, if you don't mind me asking, how were you turned?" Jongin asked hesitantly. It was probably a sensitive subject for Kyungsoo. He was right because when he asked the question, Kyungsoo frowned and his eyes darkened.

    "I was eleven years old, and the apocalypse had j-just started. I was in s-school, and my friends and I w-were the only s-survivors in school. B-But a teacher s-snuck up behind me and bit me on the b-back." Kyungsoo paused to wipe away his unshed tears. "M-Most of my other f-friends w-were bitten too. I k-knew I was d-different when I w-watched them turn into m-mindless zombies, while I c-could still feel, and t-think.." Kyungsoo finished, sighing sadly.

    "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." Jongin frowned, resting a hand on Kyungsoo's. "It's fine." Kyungsoo gave Jongin a small smile. "S-So, you l-lived in a village?" Kyungsoo inquired. "We call it that. It's basically a walled city though. I didn't like it. It made me feel caged."

    "S-So you c-came here?" Kyungsoo leaned closer. "Well, I would sneak out all of the time. This was the first time I've gotten lost." Jongin laughed softly. "U-Um, you've n-never told me your n-name." Kyungsoo said. "I haven't?" Jongin furrowed his brows. "I'm Jongin."

    "Jongin." Kyungsoo tried. He liked the way that sounded. "Y-You're really h-handsome, Jongin." Kyungsoo had the faintest of blushes on his cheeks, but it was still there. Jongin smiled endearingly. "Thanks."

    "You're not too bad yourself." Jongin replied. Kyungsoo gasped before laughing nervously. "But I'm undead! And gross." Kyungsoo gestured towards his zombie self. "I don't care." Jongin remembered that his hand was still on Kyungsoo's and squeezed it gently. He shifted over so he was sitting next to Kyungsoo, and they stared into each other's eyes. "Jongin," Kyungsoo breathed as Jongin leaned closer. Their fingers intertwined the moment their lips met, and Jongin raised his free hand to cup Kyungsoo's cheek.

    Kyungsoo's heart pounded for the first time in ten years and he gasped when Jongin's tongue slid into his mouth. Jongin was surprised when he tasted Kyungsoo. He didn't taste disgusting or bloody like Jongin expected. He actually tasted kind of sweet, with a hint of salt due to their breakfast. Kyungsoo pulled back and stared at Jongin before a grin broke out onto his face. "Thank you."

    Jongin raised an eyebrow. "I've never felt so warm, and my heart is actually beating, though it's faint." Kyungsoo blushed and Jongin grinned, pressing a chaste kiss to Kyungsoo's lips before standing up, taking Kyungsoo with him. Kyungsoo squealed and wrapped his legs around Jongin, laughing as he led them to Kyungsoo's bed. "Goodnight." Jongin kissed Kyungsoo several more times before smiling and wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo's waist.


A/N: so when i wrote this i was only half-awake don't judge xD

probably going to edit later~  it's too rushed