Final

The Magic of the Rose

"Baby?" Hansol called as he knocked on the wooden door. He was met with his girlfriend letting out a long groan of exhaustion and an exasperated "What?"

"Are you okay?" he asked, worried. His mind spun with worry when Taylor was silent.

"I'm coming in." he said anxiously, opening the door and stepping inside, quietly shutting it as to not disturb her. Taylor was sprawled out on the couch, one arm across her forehead and the other hanging off the side of the couch. She looked completely drained and it made Hansol's heart clench.

He rushed over to her, kneeling down and reaching for her limp hand. Squeezing it gently in his, he pressed his lips to her knuckles and glanced up at her.

"Was it Lea Ann again?" he whispered softly, hoping to get a response. She groaned again and turned her head, eyes cleching shut as she nodded.

"God, I'm so sick of her. She treats me like a disappointment all the time and it's ridiculous." she confessed. Hansol's eyebrows furrowed as he frowned.

"Do you believe her?" he asked uncertainly.

"Of course not...." she sighed. "Though honestly she's been being so rude that I'm starting to wonder if she's right."

"No." Hansol stood up, letting go of her hand. She lifted her arm off and sat up, looking at him confused.

"No?"

"You're not a disappointment. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever known. You're funny. You're smart. You're kind. You're perfect through and through. No matter how many times she says things to hurt you, please don't believe them. You're worth so much more than she makes it seem." he sat down next to her on the couch, pulling her into his side. "I love you so much. You matter so much baby."

Hansol pushed her back a little ways, looking into her eyes and smiling when he noticed her reddened cheeks.

Taylor paused before uttering, "I love you too."

"Please don't let her get to you." he pulled her close again, his arms resting around her waist.

"I won't. I promise." her arms found their way around him and she rested her chin on his shoulder.