Worried

Stay By Me

A/N: I had cut this chapter in half because I didn't realize how much I changed POVs, so I didn't want it to be confusing to anyone.


[3rd Person POV]

"Thanks for letting me stay all those days." Hyuk Jae waved goodbye to my friend. He couldn't help but fake a smile just so they won't feel guilty about letting him leave, without them knowing if he had a place to stay or not prior to walking out. 

"No problem, Hyuk. If you need anything, call me. Okay?" His friend asked, He could only nod and wave back again before heading in a random direction, pretending that he's going somewhere. 

So, here's the situation... Hyuk Jae has a horrible life at home. Abuse, violence, yelling, and all that jazz. Why say that so calmly? He does it because it helps him cope with what's been happening. It's all his stepfather's fault! After his real dad died, his mom married a man that he's never seen before. He knew he was trouble from the beginning, but she could never sense it. The first act of violence was when he threw a vase at a wall. Hyuk Jae and his mom were not in the room, but Hyuk Jae was standing outside of it and witnessed him do it. He also saw a bottle of alcohol on the table, so he figured that it must've been the cause. That same night was the night that he hit his mom for no reason. Hyuk Jae saw it too and he knew he did. Hyuk Jae loved his mom so much and felt so hurt by what that man did; he resorted to letting the man hit himself instead. He stopped hitting his mom, even when he wasn't after Hyuk Jae. He doesn't touch her anymore and that's good. 

What triggered Hyuk Jae to run away was that that man almost broke his arm. It was a painful experience so he panicked and ran away. Also,his mom told him to get away from that guy. He did as she said, but he never heard from her since that day, and it has been almost 4 months since he's been out of that house. Many of his friends were nice enough to let him crash at their place, but not without explaining why he ran away. He currently don't have anyone to turn to, well no, that's a lie. 

Hyuk Jae used to have a crush on this guy, Donghae, who was a very old friend on his. He usually talked to him on a regular, but not since this whole abuse at home situation happened. He wondered if Donghae would allow him to stay over for a bit if he really begged him to. 

Hyuk Jae quickly dialed his number and prayed that he would answer.

"H-Hello?... Hyuk?" Hearing Donghae's voice made him remember his love for the younger. All the moments they shared together came rushing back to him in a instant. He felt really bad for not talking to him all this time. "Uhh.... I'm gonna hang up now."

"Wait! I'm sorry, I zoned out. Don't hang up yet." He felt so shy while talking to Donghae. 

"Okay... Are you alright Hyuk? Your mom is worried about you and has called me numerous times. I could never answer her properly so that made me worried about you too." Hyuk Jae was shocked hearing this. Donghae's worried about him? Maybe Donghae might let him stay over now.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just been jumping from house to house. My friends have been letting me stay with them."

"Are you staying somewhere now?" Hyuk Jae's heartbeat sped up, hoping for the chance that Donghae might offer him a place.

"No... I was about to ask one of my other friends and see if they would let me stay or not." 

"You can stay with me, Hyuk." There was a moment of silence, as if Donghae was waiting for an answer. "Please stay with me, I don't feel good knowing that your jumping from place to place."

"Okay, I'll come over now." He whispered 'Good' before saying goodbye. When they hung up, Hyuk Jae looked for the nearest bus station or something.

---------------

 

[Donghae's POV]

"I talked to Hyuk Jae about 6 hours ago and I'm wondering where he is. I'm getting very worried now. It doesn't take long to get to my house and it's not like I moved somewhere else, he knows where I live."

"Calm down, Hae! Maybe he stopped to get milk." My friend, Yesung, was doing a horrible job at calming me down. 

"6 hours for milk? Milk for what?" 

"I don't know." He casually told me as he chomped on his chips.

"Do you hear yourself?"

"Nope. Too much crunch." He continued to eat. He probably doesn't care about my problems. He's only here for my food. What a lousy friend. "He'll show up when your not thinking about it." He got up and threw away his trash. I could only watch as he grabbed some more while heading back over to the door. "Well, I have to go. Ryeowook is making my favorite desert tonight, so I need to go now so I can get more of it." Nasty...

"You're such a good friend." I rolled my eyes behind his back. He turned around quickly.

"I feel the love, Hae... And the sarcasm. Okay, I'll buy you more chips to make up for eating yours." I smiled happily, not really expecting him to say that.

His eyebrow arched before he faced the door again. When he opened the door, I heard someone gasp. "Uh, Hae. I think he's here." I shot up and ran to the door to see Hyuk Jae starring at Yesung like he hates him.

"Hyuk Jae! Where have you been?" Hyuk Jae was about to answer until Yesung interrupted him. 

"Before you answer, you should go inside. Wouldn't want you both to get sick. I'll be going so see ya, Hae." Yesung walked past Hyuk Jae and began walking away. 

"Bye, Yesung!" I said quickly before grabbing Hyuk Jae's hand and pulling him in inside the house.

"Hey, Hae, I'm sorry I'm late but the buses were delayed." He put his stuff down and came to sit next to me on the couch. 

"You rode the bus? Oh thank goodness, I thought something bad happened to you." I don't know why, but I felt the urge to cry. My eyes watered and my vision blurred a bit. "Don't scare me like that, okay?" I looked down to avoid his stare. Why am I suddenly like this? I guess since I know what's going on with him, I feel sad for him and maybe because I care so much for him. 

"I'm sorry, HaeHae. Are you crying? Please don't, I'm sorry." I felt his hand on my cheek, wiping my years away. "I should've called to tell you what's going on, it's my fault."

"It's okay, I'm just happy you're alright. I want you to stay with me, until everything ends."

"Okay, I will." I looked up and saw his expression. He looked genuinely sad, not exactly how I hoped this visit would be like, but I just couldn't help it. I mean, as soon as I saw him, I felt extremely relieved.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start crying, it just happened. It's just that, after being told everything, I was very worried for you because you having to leave was last minute so I thought you didn't have anywhere to go."

"I was lucky enough to have friends that allowed me to stay over; your offer came at the best moment. So I have to thank you." I wonder how many places he stayed at previously.

"I'm glad you had people to help, but you know if you had called me first, I would've let you stay here the entire time." He casually scratched the back of his neck and looked away. I laughed at him as I wiped any excess tears from my face.

"Okay, so my logic was to go down my contacts and see who I could crash with. I just came from Gi Kwang's house and before him was Dasom. Her mom didn't appreciate it at first but understood when I told her what was up." I chuckled at him and stood up.

"Wait, Where's my name? It's starts with a D..." Hyuk jae pulled out his phone and looked on his contacts.

"I have you saved as 'HaeHae'. I guess you would've appeared eventually."

"Well, your logic was alright but it's more funny than anything. Anyway, why don't you get cleaned up and change while I make you some food." He smiled and nodded before getting up and finding some clothes to wear. What I wasn't expecting was for him to hug me.

"I'm glad you let me stay because my other choice was Goo Hara and I didn't feel like explaining myself to another girl's mom again. Thank you. This is why I love you Hae, you always look after me." He pulls away from me and gave me a shyish looking smile while he walked away. I, however, stayed still.

'This is why I love you Hae..."

He probably only means it like a friendly love or maybe how he loves his family. I doubt he means it the way I want him to. When I hear the water turn on, I was snapped outta my trance. Slowly, I tracked myself into the kitchen to make him some food. I guess the thought of him loving me is just wishful thinking... And besides I have a boyfriend, I shouldn't be thinking of this anyway.

----------------

 

[Hyuk Jae's POV]

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Donghae making my food in the kitchen. I walked in while drying my hair and peeked over his shoulder. He peeked at me and turned back to what he was doing. Resting my chin on his shoulder, I watched him put the food on the plate to give to me. The look on his face was a mixture of tiredness and sadness. While he handed me the plate, I continued to stare at his face.

"What's wrong, Hae?" He shook his head and looked away. "Don't lie to me, we're not best friends for nothing. I know something is wrong. Tell me." I grabbed his arm to prevent him from walking away from me like he usually does when he gets like this. 

"Nothing big, just thought about something. Anyway, I have to go. I'll be back." He pried my hand off and went to the door, grabbing his keys and his coat. "You can sleep in my bed, okay?" Without giving me time to answer, he already left. The sound of him locking the door echoed in the house. Something must've happened while I was in the shower, I wonder what it was...

~8/21/14~