Chapter 1

The Beach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groaned angrily, clenching my wrists when I refreshed my email and still didn’t see the confirmation email.

 

“Stupid website...if that was a scam I swear I’ll...ugh!” I closed my laptop and leaned back against my sofa cushions, when the doorbell rang through the house. I chose to ignore it, but by the third time it went off I couldn’t stand it anymore. I decided to tell whatever salesman it was to leave before I unleashed my giant dog(aka the plush white dog that my boyfriend had gotten me a few years ago).

 

When I was almost to the door the doorbell rang again. “I’m coming!” I yelled. Sheesh,  no one asked you to come disturb me.

 

I checked the peephole, only to find it covered. What’s going on…

 

“Who is it?” I asked, my hand on the doorknob and another reaching for my bat in case it was someone dangerous. They knocked again, this time in a different pattern. Two knocks were done quickly, and three after it were done more slowly. I shook my head, not believing it. Only one person knew the secret knock...I quickly unlocked the door and opened it, to find my boyfriend.

“Mark?” I asked, incredulous.

 

He smiled his trademark smile, before opening his arms. “Hey baby. I’m home.”

 

I rushed into his embrace, wrapping my arms around him tightly. “Mark, but...how?!”

 

“I came early. They said we could have some time off, after these last promotions, and before we start preparing for the tour.”

 

“Marky! Another world tour?”

 

He laughed, twirling me in a circle. “Yup, another world tour. We’re adding more concerts this time.”

 

“I’m so proud of you! Are the other guys spending time with their families?”

 

We had pulled away slightly by now, and I was able to see him nod. “They all say hi, and Jackson made me bring you something.”

 

“If he printed out another Markson fic or fanart I’ll be on the next plane to Hong Kong and you’ll be doing that concert as Got6,” I threatened.

 

“But then we won’t spend time together babe.”

 

I gasped. “So that is what he sent!”

 

He laughed. letting me go but reaching for my hand. He reached for his suitcase with the other one, before pulling me into the house.

 

“So, I figured I’ll stay with you for a few days, then we can go to my parent’s house when you have your day’s off. Oh, also, I’m sorry I couldn’t get you flowers-obviously I couldn’t bring them from Korea, and when I landed I just wanted to see you.”

 

“I’m so disappointed in you, Mark. You managed to surprise visit me-which is not an easy task for someone as famous as you- you’re going on another world tour pretty soon, but you couldn’t get me some flowers. How dare you.”

 

He smiled, leaning over to kiss me. “I’m sorry, baby. How about I make it up to you?”

 

“Hm? And how are you going to do that, Mr. Tuan?”

 

“It’s a surprise. Now how about you go get changed, and then we can go?”

 

“Sure. Do you want to shower before we go?”

“I think I’ll wait until we’re home. Now go.” He gave me a kiss on the forehead before lightly pushing me towards the bedroom. I hurriedly changed, putting on overall shorts and a red shirt. My hair got put up into a ponytail, and I quickly slipped my flip-flops on. I ran out to find him pulling his shirt on, and blushed at the bare skin. I’d seen him shirtless, of course, in person and when we talked on the computer(and in gifs on my tumblr-you couldn’t get away from them, really), but it had been months since I saw him like that in person. He turned and saw me, paralyzed like a deer in headlights.

“Wow, you look great!”

 

I smiled. “Thanks. Are you ready?”

 

He nodded. “Did I make you uncomfortable?”

“What? No! No, I’m just...not used to you being with me, that’s all. But I’m glad you’re here. Soooo where are we going?”

 

He laughed, reaching for my hand. “I told you, it’s a surprise.”

I sighed, but let it go. We started walking, and I tugged at his hair lightly. “Back to red?”

 

“Yeah, they said we had to choose our favorite color from all the eras-”

 

“Aw why didn’t you pick the poodle hair?”

“That is why I didn’t pick the poodle hair.” He said, laughing. “I thought you liked the red?”

 

“I love the red. You look amazing, but even here people will find it weird.”

 

“There’s more eye-catching things. My hair isn’t as red as how sunburned some of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter