One.

Just Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin was just playing the piano in the practice room, practicing on her vocals. She made everyone disappointed during the first week of Sugar promotions. Yerin sighed at the thought of it and reflected on what she has done wrong. She forgot the lyrics while performing during Music Bank. Why? She heard her best friend, Yugyeom, out of nowhere. She was just hallucinating, and got distracted that was why she forgot her lines and messed up the whole performance. Yerin told herself to focus this time, and distant herself away from her friends.

After practicing the last song, the door opened, Yerin did not give any of her attention and went on to drink her water.

"Yerin-ssi."

Oh, yes. Yerin knew who it was. Not Jimin, not Ahyeon, but Yugyeom. She groaned and mindlessly slammed on the piano. Yugyeom was shocked but sat beside her anyway.

"Erm, so... I heard you-"

"Shut up," she snapped at him.

Yugyeom was really clueless, he did not know why his best friend was like this. He rested his hand on her shoulder and gave it a light squeezed, which made Yerin frowned.

"Hm.. remember this song?" Yugyeom asked as he played Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano.

He played the wrong key by accident which made Yerin smiled a bit, before going back to her straight face.

"That's enough, Gyeommie. Please leave," she demanded, as she grabbed his wrist.

"We need to talk, really. I don't like seeing my best friend like this. You've been really moody nowadays," he sighed.

Yerin, who was really mad at the younger one, stood up and pushed him away. Yugyeom fell and looked at her, with eyes wide opened.

"I-I'm sorry... but, please-"

"Please get out. Okay, if that is what you want... I'll go then," Yugyeom stood, dusting himself and walked out.

Yerin stood there, frozen. Words going through her mind. She sat on the floor, hugging her knees. She did not know what is wrong with her. Yerin was really disappointed at herself, after a few minutes of reflection, Yerin burst into tears.

 

--

 

Another day off, Yerin practiced hard, this time, in the dance studio. She was dancing to Miss A's Touch, and a few other songs. Hours and hours of dancing, Yerin collapsed, gasping for air. Yerin looked up at the ceiling. Should she go and apologize to Yugyeom? Yerin thought about it and finally made her decision.

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter