Concert Confession: Lay

XOXO (EXO Imagines)

Requested by: Nik Yixing

Something wet fell onto my head. I looked up as raindrops started to fall. I quickly ran into the cafe and chose a table to sit in.

I shook my wet head slightly to dry it and smoothed it down a bit. I was waiting for my best friend, Lay (yes, the popular EXO's Lay). We had agreed to meet in this cafe at 3 pm. It looked like I was early so I was waiting for him outside when it started to rain. I ordered a cup of hot chocolate and sipped it while looking at the entrance of the cafe. Why aren't you here yet, Lay? I thought.

Just then, the glass door opened and my best friend entered the cafe. Even though he was wearing a hoodie and sunglasses, I still recognized Lay. I waved at him and he saw me after a few seconds. I smiled as Lay quickly walked towards me.

Lay sat down across me and smiled. "Sorry I'm late," he said as he removed his sunglasses but he wore the hoodie so no one would recognize him. Being me, I was thoughtful and had chosen a spot in the corner, where it was a bit dark so no one would recognize Lay and start screaming like a crazy fangirl.

"Nah," I said, relaxing a bit. "You weren't late, I was early. Wanna drink something?"

"Yeah."

I called a waitress over and Lay pulled down his hoodie more to cover his face.

"What do you want, Lenny?" I asked, trying to keep a straight face.

Lay glance up a bit to glare at me. "Coffee."

The waitress left with the order and I burst out laughing. Lay groaned pulled up the hoodie so I could see his face.

"That was such a lame name..." Lay pouted while I giggled.

"Sorry." I stopped laughing and smiled. "Why did you want to meet me here?"

"Huh? ... oh, yeah!" He reached into his pocket and took out something. "EXO is performing 'Overdose' tomorrow and I want to invite you." He handed me the concert ticket. "That ticket can also be use to go to the backstage, where you can come and meet us." Lay's coffee arrived when he was talking and took a sip of it.

"Wow!" I squealed happily. "A ticket and backstage pass? Thanks, Lay!"

Lay smiled, showing his dimples and I blushed slightly. He's just sooo cute!

"You should come," Lay said and drowned his cup of coffee.

We talked about other things for a few minutes. Lay told me about his fellow EXO members and we kinda exchanged information about our lifes. Lay looked at the time on his phone and sighed. "I gotta go now. The manager will flip if he found out that I snuck out of the dorm."

I smiled. "Yeah. And I'll come for tomorrow's concert!"

(The next day...)

So... today was the day!

I'm so excited, I thought. I was currently in the car that was going to take me to the EXO concert. I couldn't stop jumping around, moving my legs... you get the idea. After a few minutes, the car stopped and I realized that we were at our final destination. I mean... the EXO concert.

I quickly got out of the car and immediately ran to the backstage. I slowed down as I near the exit and smoothed my clothes out. I was wearing a loose light blue and black skinny jeans with blue sneakers. I had tied my hair into a loose ponytail and put on some light make-up. I entered the backstage and walked like a VIP.

Anyway, I started searching for the EXO members. Did I mentioned that there were a lot of people there? I was nearly squashed to death until a hand grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the crowd.

I took in a deep breath as I was able to breathe properly again. Lay (my savior!) smiled and I grinned.

"_____, I wanna show you something," Lay said and grabbed my hand.

"Oh?" I said calmly but I was blushing like crazy inside.

My best friend led me somewhere. It was kind of like a storage room... and not a soul was around.

"Where are we?" I asked. "What's up, Lay?"

Then, I could have sworn I saw Lay blushed. "I... um... um... I..." He made these weird choking sounds and I was like: O.o the heck?

Lay then stopped choking and took out a recorder. He pressed the 'play' button and...

"____, ah..." Lay's familiar voice said from the recorder. I almost burst out laughing. Lay gave me a 'wtf' look and I covered my mouth. "So...  _____..." the recorder continued playing. "I know that we have been best friends for long... and I... I... *weird choking sounds again*... I like you! Will you be my girlfriend?"

The recorder stopped playing and Lay immediately hung his head down. My mouth dropped open and I gawked at Lay. He didn't look up.

.
.
.

"OMG YES!!!"

Lay's head snapped up and he looked shock. "You're... you're not pulling my leg, right?"

I laughed. "No, silly!" I hugged Lay. "I like you too..."

Lay chuckled and hugged me back. Then, he sniffed and I looked at him.

"You're not crying, are you?" I asked, half-laughing.

Lay rubbed his eyes and looked away. "I'm just happy that you accepted..."

I shook my head and laughed. "You're so emotional, huh, my Yi Xing?" I reached up and placed a kiss on his soft cheek.

Lay stiffened and slowly slid down onto the ground.

"Aisssh..." I looked down at my unconscious boyfriend. "He really is emotional..."

And so began my wonderful love life... with my precious Lay!