Chapter 9

Being With The Ice Prince (Sequel of Dealing With The Ice Prince)

“Ok class attention please I have announcement to make.” Shereen tore her gaze from her laptop. Her attention was solely on her lecturer standing straight in front of the lecture theatre as she wandered her eyes from the right corner of the class all the way to the other end. Shereen looked at her surrounding. Her classmates were just like her, gazes fixated on the woman standing in front. There was a reason for this though. That lecturer didn’t really talk much so the fact that she claimed to be having an announcement to make that day ought to really mean that there was a crucial news coming.

“Good. Now that everyone of you is listening I shall begin with the announcement. In one week time, our fashion brand will be holding a big scale fashion show to celebrate its 58th anniversary. The show is no like the ones you’ve been attending for several times. It symbolizes our pride and not random models can join. The problem is since it’s a big-scale one, we lack of models. The chairman announced this morning that he would allow some students to join it.”

Whispers and excited squeals began to spread across the lecture hall. Well, this was a big news indeed. Who wouldn’t want to be the chosen few? This was basically a beginning for every model’s successful future career path but absolutely to be those chosen few was far from easy. Shereen heaved a sigh. She was not really interested in it. Well she took this major and gave it a try, doing her best to make her closest people proud of her but it was not like this path was what she was really passionate in. She was not an ambitious type, she was more of a general person who would just try to do her best in everything assigned to her even if it had to be done without passion.

“Quiet!!” The loud voice echoing to the room was making the room fall into its former tranquil state.

“I know that you all must be really excited about this but I shall inform that there will only be a few of you chosen since we will also pick some from year 1 and year 3 to be fair. That’s why only the top 5 students will join.”

Another sigh escaped shereen’s lips as she heard the lecturer’s words. If the top 5 must join, then she was no exception since she got fifth in the last exam.

“I expect those five students to come meet me after class. We have some coordination to make and you will be meeting your mentors. They will be training you until the show day comes. That’s all I need to say. Now open your lecture notes.”

It was twelve at noon when the lecture came to an end. Usually, shereen would be feeling energetic at this time but at that moment, she could just lazily pack her stuffs, shooting up from her seat as she forced herself to approach the lecturer.

“Now that you are all here, I must say that all of you seem to have to begin your training today because we’re really short of time. The show is in exactly one week from now and I believe you all don’t want to disappoint the chairman. You all know that he is a perfectionist type. So follow me, I’ll bring you meet your mentors and you guys can begin the training.”

Shereen was dialing a number as she followed the lecturer and four other classmates to a room.

“Yoboseyo..” Her call was picked up.

“Sehun ah. I think I’m going to be staying late at college today so you don’t have to pick me up nae?”

“Wae? You said you were free this morning.”

“It’s a long story sehun. It’s unexpected but for this whole week I’m going to spend my day longer here training.”

“You have a show coming?”

“A very big one.”

There was a temporary silence from the other line. Shereen was just about to speak up again before she heard “ Then I’ll go there. I’m now heading to your college.”

“Mwoh??” Her loud exclamation earned her looks from her lecturer and four other classmates. Quickly, she covered , repeatedly bowing to apologize. Well, she was startled because this was the very first time sehun would be visiting her in college. She was surprised but excited and happy at the same time. Well, it was hard to describe a mixture of her feelings at that moment.

“Shereen ah what happen?” Sehun called her out again.

“Nothing. You sure you wanna come? You might get bored.” Shereen asked again, using on him what he was telling her back then when she offered to accompany him doing his assignments.

“Totally sure. I won’t get bored. Don’t use my words on me.” He protested.

Shereen was just about to question again before sehun cut her off “So, I’ll be there in 15 minutes. See you.”

The call was ended right before shereen could protest any further. Shereen shook her head at his boyfriend’s words. Well, he sure was a stubborn type.

“Ok good afternoon everybody. It’s nice to meet you all. I’m Jay and this is Ryan, we are going to be your mentors during this one week. Since you’ve all known that our fashion brand is going to be holding a big scale fashion show to commemorate its 58 years of success then I guess you all must have known that the training will begin today. But don’t worry. Today won’t be very long since it’s still your first day and you guys must be feeling tired from the classes this morning. Then we’ll just have a 2-hour training today. Now you all can get ready. We’re starting in half an hour.”

With that, the students scattered and headed to their own lockers, getting ready to get changed.

“Look at who we have here. Not only are you gorgeous but you are also smart. Then I guess we’ll be meeting even more often now?”

Shereen rolled her eyes at her sight. Why did the beginning of her training day had to be so bad?

“Get out of my way.” She snapped as she moved to the left to walk away only to be blocked by the male.

“Seriously do you have to treat me that way? I am just greeting you.”

“Young Jae ssi, I will really appreciate it if you can just let me train at ease during this whole week.” Shereen stated, returning the other’s intense gaze.

“Of course, I’ll make you always feel at ease around me and since I’m training too I guess we can get even much closer that we already are.”

“Who is close to you?” Shereen snapped briefly, swiftly walking past him as she refused to speak with him any longer.

Shereen gasped as she felt someone's arms circled on her waist. She turned around to look at who the hell was giving her backhug in college and she was ready to explode if it turned out to be Young Jae’s daring act.

Shereen heaved a relief sigh. Her body relaxed in the person’s hold. “Sehun you scare me. How do you know that I’m here? Why don’t you give me a call?”

“You don’t know the difficulties I run just trying to find you. You seem not to be a really popular student here.” He said, brushing the tip of his nose over hers.

“Well so you have woken up now and regret that you choose this not-so-popular student as a girlfriend?” She questioned, raising an eyebrow while anticipating for his answer.

“Never in my life will I ever regret it.” He answered confidently, pulling her even closer leaving no gap in between their bodies.

“Sehun ah people are staring.” Shereen attempted to pull away as she noticed the looks from the students that were passing by them.

“This is not a high school. It’s totally fine.” He blurted out casually, refusing to let go.

“Sehun~” She pled. Well, shereen was ok with it actually until more and more girl students passed by, basically stopping to admire sehun’s looks and wonder about his first ever appearance there.

Sehun eventually let go thanks to the pleading look of his girlfriend that he could never be able to resist.

“Shereen ah!!!” A female voice echoed, making shereen to distract herself from her blushing.

“Unnie?”

“I heard you were chosen for the show. Daebakkkk!!! You’re really something huh?” Yoo Bi hugged shereen tightly, jumping up and down excitedly.

“You heard about it?”

“Yes and I met young jae earlier. He told me too. Ah and he’s also chosen right? So…”

“Unnie.” Shereen swiftly grabbed on the female’s elbow, making the other stopped midsentence as she noticed the presence of a familiar figure next to shereen.

“Sehun? Omo!!!  This is your first time here.” She gasped.

“Long time no see noona.” Sehun greeted her, the corner of his lips twitced upwards slightly.

“Very long time. i guess the last time I saw you was when I visited shereen’s house. How are you?”

“Just like what you’re seeing. How do you think I am?”

“Seriously oh sehun I’m asking you and you’re asking me back?” She scolded as she jokingly punched sehun’s arm.

Shereen chuckled at the two’s interaction. She took a glance at her watch. Realising that the training was going to begin soon she uttered “ I think I’ve to get changed now. The training is starting in 10 minutes. I don’t want to be late for my first day.”

“Ah ok then hurry up..” Yoo Bi told her.

“Unnie can you help me accompany sehun? My training is going to end in 2 hours I’m afraid he’ll get bored.”

“What? I don’t need to be accompanied by noona. I can just..”

“That’s perfectly fine shereen ah. I’ve no plan today and how dare you oh sehun!! Just don’t betray shereen just because you fall in love with me in 2 hours.” Yoo Bi argued as she glared at sehun.

“I’m going to see you in 2 hours.” Shereen said as she tiptoed to peck sehun on his cheek.

Sehun smiled and gave her a nod, watching as she walked further away.

“You’re oh sehun right?” Sehun and Yoo Bi turned as they heard a female voice by their sides.

“Omo you’re really handsome in person.”

“Can I get your number?”

“How can a person be so handsome?”

“Ottoekhe even the male models here are not that perfect.”

Yoo Bi rolled her eyes at the more and more compliments thrown by her schoolmates at sehun while Sehun was looking at the crowd with a bored expression.

“What’s your relationship with shereen? Is the rumour about you two going out true?” A female stepped out.

“Nae. It’s totally true.” Yoo Bi blurted out instead.

“I’m asking sehun ssi not you.” The other snapped, shooting daggers at yoo bi.

“Kwenchanna noona. I’ll answer.” Sehun stepped out, preventing yoo bi from scolding the female. “Yes, Shereen and I are going out. Thank you for all your compliments but I’m sorry that I’m not interested. Let’s go noona!” With that sehun his heels, fleeing himself from the crowd.

Yoo Bi gave the other girl one last smug grin before leaving to catch up with sehun.

“Awww he’s really cool. Shereen’s so lucky.” Squeals and dreamy sighs escaped the girl students’ lips as they watched sehun’s retreating figure.

“Noona. Does shereen, by any chance, ever tell you about anything bothering her lately? I mean is she going through hardship here?” Sehun looked at the elder as both of them sat in the cafeteria, enjoying their drinks while waiting for shereen to finish her intensive training.

Yoo Bi gulped, contemplating whether or not to tell sehun about shereen’s discomfort around Young Jae.

“She never really tells me about that wae?” was all she managed to answer as she thought of shereen’s act earlier. The younger might not want her to talk about young jae in front of sehun.

“Khude? Nah, I just get a feeling like something’s bothering her lately but I guess I’m just thinking too much.” He shrugged the thought off as he took a sip of his drink.

“Shereen really loves you. Do you know that? She gets that sparkle in her eyes everytime she talks about you.”

Sehun lit up a smile at the other’s words, softly uttering “ I know and I’m afraid that I’ll disappoint her.”

“I really envy you guys. You’re always thinking about one another.”

“I wasn’t a caring type back then. You must know from shereen that I am kinda hard to deal with…”

“You are I can see..” Yoo Bi nooded vigorously making sehun chuckled at her words “ but she never says that about you. You know what? She is always blabbering good things about you.”

“Jinjja?” Sehun asked, remaining as indifferent despite his surprise at the other’s story.

“I swear what everytime she talks about you is how great you are, how considerate you are, basically everything great about you and… how she feels not good enough for you.”

Sehun stayed quiet, recalling the words shereen told him some time ago.

Flashback

“Sehun ah..”

“Hmm?”

“I don’t know if I make a good girlfriend or not because you’re my first boyfriend and I am totally not experienced in dating or relationship stuff but I want you to know that I’m trying my best to be a good one. So in case that you feel I’m lacking in some aspects, could you please tell and remind me? So that I can change because I can be really insensitive at times. Mianhee..” She said as she looked down onto her laps.

“Why are you suddenly talking about this?”

“Ani… just feeling like telling you what I’m feeling.”

End Of Flashback

“Sehun ah.. shereen’s feeling towards you is really sincere. I’m not taking her side because she is my friend. You should know better than me since you know her longer than I do. But we, girls, do feel insecure sometimes especially when our boyfriend comes from a much higher economic status compared to us. When he has everything. Look, wealth, power, fame, everything that’s making us feel so small compared to him. It’s not easy putting up with glares thrown at you everytime you are spotted with your boyfriend. People might misunderstand that you only go for his money and look, not falling in love with a real him. Even though both of you know that it is not the case, still, other’s judges and opinions can be a pressure since we’re not living in a world where only people that trust us exist. Bunch that don’t like us exist too. That’s why sehun ah, shereen is trying really hard to fight for it and I believe that having you always stay by her side, trusting her is more than enough for her. Because I must admit that that girl is kinda easy to please.” Yoo Bi shook her head and giggled at the thought of shereen before she continued “So sehun ah, just remember that everything she does to you, she never once intends to hurt you. Instead, she thinks about you, too much sometimes that she ignores her own self. That’s shereen though, always thinking about other people first before herself.”

Sehun nodded in approval. It was true. He told her the exact same thing during his confession back then in high school. That’s shereen. His shereen.

“Sehun ah I think shereen is going to finish soon. Why don’t we wait in front of her practice room?” Yoo Bi asked as she took a glance at her watch.

Sehun nodded and shot up from his seat, following yoo bi to exit the cafeteria.

“Just on time.” Yoo Bi exclaimed as she saw one by one of the top students exiting the room.

“So she is going to practice everyday from now on?” Sehun questioned.

“Of course. Until the show day.”

“Sehun!!” A familiar figure ran into him. Her arms snaking his waist tighly as she rested her head on his firm chest, panting heavily from the exhausting practice.

“How is it going? Tired?” Sehun asked as he returned the hug, his right hand ran through her long hair as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her right ear.He got a mere nod as a reply so he was sure that his girl was totally worn out at the moment.

“For God’s sake shereen don’t purposely try to make me envious just because I’m still single okay?”

“Oopps..sorry unnie.” She lifted her heads up however her hands still holding onto sehun tightly.

“Yah shereen ah, you’re really..”

“Shereen ah..” Yoo Bi was cut off when she saw a figure approaching them.

Pregnant Silence blanketed the atmosphere as the figure appeared to their sight. Sehun was the first to break it.

“You’re shin young jae right? The one I met at the orphanage another day?”

“Nae I am. Nice to meet you again, oh sehun.” The other replied. However, his face expression totally did not show the sincerity of his words.

Sehun eyed the other male cautiously. Honestly, there was a slight dislike despite the fact that he hadn’t known the other really well. Yoo Bi, on the other hand, was panicking as she eyed shereen, continuously mouthing ‘ottoekhe’ silently.

“You left this.” Young Jae handed shereen a water bottle and she took it uttering a soft ‘gomawo’, silently scolding herself for being so careless as she was running out of the practice room once the training was over, not bothering to recheck whether she left anything behind.

“Anyway how do you know it’s hers? It could be someone else’s.” Yoo Bi asked, narrowing her eyes at her classmate.

“When you pay attention to someone everyday, you notice even the smallest detail about her.” He answered casually, ignoring the fact that sehun’s eyes were shooting daggers at him as he interpreted his implicit yet so explicit statement.

Guysssss...another chappie specially written for you. So, what do you think about it? ^o^