Chapter 13

Back then, right now

The rustling of the leaves couldn't be heard anymore since they were all covered by a thick layer of snow. The nature seemed to have gotten bored from the same old autumn weather since it suddenly decided to color Busan with snow.

Soojung stomped her feet in hopes of hearing her favorite sound. But just as expected the crumbling sound wasn't heard.

"." She cursed and looked at her phone again. Dr.Zhang was supposed to meet her outside the hospital, but he seemed to have blown her off. Soojung had really been looking forward to going out since she was trapped between the white walls of her room ever since her 'mental breakdown' occurred before Luhan. 

She was getting better as days passed. She smiled sometimes. Her mind was not so occupied by the thoughts of Sooyeon. She somehow felt free. But there were times she would break down and back away. There were times she would yearn for the darkness she had sworn not to fall back into. There were times she felt like dying.

"Soojung!" Dr.Zhang's voice broke her from her thoughts.

"I'm so sorry! I was kinda busy...my girlfriend and stuff, y'kno?"

"I thought you blew me off, long face."

"Hey, hey! That's not how you speak to older people you brat!" He playfully nudged Soojung's ribs and she grumbled. 

"Grumpy cat." He teased as he his heels. "Come on, we're gonna be late."

They walked by the gates and Soojung sighed contently. 

"Say, grumpy cat, would you be angry if I hid something very important from you?" 

"Why would I care?" Soojung rolled her eyes and fastened her steps so it could match Dr.Zhang's. 

"You said it yourself." He said and looked at her meaningfully, but Soojung was distracted by something to catch the look he was giving her.

They walked and walked through the snowy streets of Busan until they finally ended up in front of a cafe. Soojung impatiently looked at her psychiatrist and raised her brow. 

"You're gonna meet some-" 

Soojung didn't wait for him to finish as she stomped into the cafe. She wanted to meet the person and be done quickly so she could enjoy the little freedom she was granted for a day. However, she halted when she saw the person she was supposed to meet - Luhan.

"What the-" she started speaking but was interrupted by Dr.Zhang. 

"Just talk to him, I've already informed him of your condition. Just be nice and everything will go smoothly, ok?" 

"Sure." Soojung frowned and took her seat, opposite to Luhan.

"H-hey, long time no see." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, trying to think of a topic that would break the awkwardness.

"It's only been two months, y'know." 

"Yeah, r-right." 

The girl looked at the boy and sighed. 

"Aren't we going to eat something?"

"Yeah, sure. Order anything you want, it's on me." He smiled and Soojung smirked.

"Are you sure 'bout that? I can order something worth your three months' pocket money."

The sudden change in his expression amused her even more, but she made an effort to hide it.

"Just kidding. A frappucino and cheesecake would be nice."

Luhan chuckled nervously and ordered their food. He glanced at Soojung again only to meet her serious eyes.

"You...what happened to you, I know it all." 

"Did that good-for-nothing doctor tell you?" Soojung clenched her fists in anger, Dr.Zhang didn't have the rights to spill his patient's secrets to a complete stranger.

"Ah no, you're misunderstanding. I learned about you, uhh, from...Sulli-sshi." 

Soojung's head shot up in bewilderment, the thought of Sulli spilling her secrets would've never have crossed her mind. 

"Sul-li?" 

"Yeah, and before you come to a quick judgement let me clarify some, no, a lot of things. Firstly, Sulli is my long time friend. Although we're not that close we're pretty comfortable around each other and there are lots of times we share our secrets and-"

"So she just told you about my whole drama?!" Soojung scoffed in disbelief.

"Yes, no, wait. I said don't disturb me when I'm talking, please!" Luhan sighed exasperatedly and continued "And she told me about your situation after I came to talk to her. You see, I didn't even know you were Sul's friend 'till I went to talk to her about your breakdown. And as you can tell she was quick to figure out the talk was about you. So she kinda told me how you were depressed and that you wouldn't talk to her at all. She was also devastated for your information, she-"
"Oh, c'mon Luhan! Are you scolding her or what?" Sulli's distinct voice earned the attention from both Luhan and Soojung. 

They turned around to see her clinging to Dr.Zhang's hand and Luhan grimaced while Soojung's jaw dropped. 

"Uh, hi Jungie. How are you?" She asked as cheerfully as possible, but Soojung couldn't have cared less about responding because she was still in a state of shock. 

"You two...da-dating?" 

"As if you can't tell." Luhan's snarky comment didn't even irritate her. 

"Yes." Dr.Zhang smiled genuinely and looked at his girlfriend. 

"Since when?" Soojung asked and pinched her nose bridge in hopes of regaining her composure.  

"Since the incident with Sehun." 

"Oh." 

"I'm sorry Soojung-ah. I just had to tell somebody about you. He had a completely different image of you. Luhan thought you were some kind of a psycho so I had to tell him. I'm sorry." 

"Still that doesn't give you the rights to spill everything to a complete stranger."

"I'm not a-"

"No you are, Luhan. To me, at least. And you're friends with Sehun which is even worse." 

"I'm sorry Soojung."

"Quit apologizing already." 

"Soojung, why do you think I hospitalized you when you didn't have a mental disorder? Why do you think I wrote a big fat lie 'Mental disorder' on your medical record when you clearly didn't slice your wrists?" Dr.Zhang raised his voice and realization dawned on Soojung.

"Because...Sulli asked for it?"

"Yes. You were very depressed, but not to the extent of being treated this much. You would've been hospitalized for about a week and then kicked out after getting some ty treatment, Soojung! Wake up! Sulli asked me to personally treat you, she begged me to make you alright, that's why I stuck to you for three months, okay?"

"Sure. I'm going back."

"We still have the whole day." Dr.Zhang softened the tone of his voice, but Soojung just shook her head. 

"Thank you for everything, but, in the end every one of you didn't tell me the truth."

She headed to the exit of the cafe, but stopped and turned around to look at the three of them.

"I need some time. Still...thank you."

And with that she was gone.