Sixty Two

After it All

Jessica grumpily walked down the street, heading to a new cafe that had opened a few months ago. She clutched the back of her neck and rubbed it. She had to sleep on the couch, she didn't dare sleep on her bed. Where she had caught her ex girlfriend and another girl going at it. Now it has been 3 weeks since then and she still had yet to sleep on her bed. She had hardly gotten any sleep last night and she needed to be at work in less than two hours.

 
She entered the cafe and walked up to the counter. She couldn't help but stare at the girl who was busy making a coffee for the customer that was standing next to her. Jessica noticed that this girl had green eyes, which was unusual for a Korean to have. She shrugged it off and continued to stare. 
 
She heard someone clear their throat and she blinked, noticing that the girl was looking back at her. She blushed.
 
"Do you know what you want to order?"
 
Jessica looked at the board above the girl's head, reading the different names. She looked back at the girl, who was sill staring at her with a small smile.
 
"Um, do you know what's good here?" Jessica asked.
 
"Are you a big coffee drinker or a frappe kind of girl?" The girl teased.
 
"I'm not sure, but I have work in less than two hours and I had three hours of sleep on my couch last night, if that helps." Jessica said softly.
 
The girl just smiled, "I've got just the thing." She walked towards the coffee machines and started on Jessica's drink. "So, the couch, huh? Your girlfriend put you there?" She asked, grabbing a rag and wiping down the counter.
 
Jessica titled her head and looked at the girl, she saw her name tag, Hyo Eun. "How did you know I'm gay?"
 
"No man would ever put their girlfriend to sleep on the couch. Besides I have awesome gaydar." Hyo Eun said as she walked back to the coffee machine.
 
"Alright, here you go. A twenty ounce caramel macchiato, extra whip, and a double shot of espresso," she placed the cup on the counter, sliding it towards Jessica, she tapped the top. "Always helps me get through my night shifts."
 
Jessica smiled and grabbed the cup, "Thank you."
 
"So do you have a girlfriend? Or..." Hyo Eun asked, hope in her eyes.
 
"No, my ex cheated on me and she slept on my bed, that's why I've been on the couch."
 
"You could always change the sheets." Hyo Eun said with a teasing smile.
 
Jessica rolled her eyes, "I can't even look at my bed. Anyways why were you asking?"
 
Hyo Eun smiled lopsidedly and shrugged, putting her hands on the counter. "I'd probably look like an idiot considering I put my phone number on your cup."
 
Jessica held up the cup and looked at the numbers and the name. Hyo Eun.
 
Jessica looked at the time on the clock that was hung on the wall and looked back to Hyo Eun, "Well, I'd better get going."
 
Hyo Eun smirked and brought her hand up to her ear, making a phone motion, "Call me." And walked to the back, Jessica guessed it was the employee's break room.
 
Jessica just shook her head and giggled, turning around and heading out of the cafe.
 
~~~
 
The next morning, Jessica entered the cafe and walked up to the counter.
 
"Hey, could I have the same drink that I had yesterday?" Jessica asked.
 
The girl looked confused, "I'm sorry?"
 
"Hyo Eun, don't mess with me."
 
The girl raised an eyebrow before giggling, "Oh, I'm Hyo In. Hyo Eun's twin, if you'd like, I can get her for you."
 
Jessica nodded and Hyo In went to the back. A few minutes later Hyo Eun appeared in front of her with a smile.
 
"You never called me, couch girl."
 
Jessica laughed, "I'm sorry, I was so exhausted after work. Anyways, could I have the same thing I had yesterday."
 
Hyo Eun nodded, "Give me a sec," she walked to the coffee machine. "So, how was your day yesterday?"
 
"It was a whole lot better after that drink you gave me." Jessica said, and saw Hyo Eun smile.
 
Hyo Eun returned to the counter with a cup in hand and gave it to Jessica. "Here you go."
 
"Thanks." Jessica paid for it and was about to turn around and leave when she felt a hand grab onto her forearm.
 
She turned back around.
 
Hyo Eun smiled sheepishly, "I was wondering if I could take you on a date sometime?"
 
"You don't even know my name."
 
"Well, what's your name?"
 
"Jessica. Jessica Jung."
 
Hyo Eun stared into Jessica's eyes and said, "Well, Jessica Jung, would you like to go on a date with me?"
 
Jessica smiled, "I'd love to." And walked out of the cafe.
 
Hyo Eun smiled to herself before going to back to work.
 
 
 
 
 
This didn't come out how I wanted but I just wanted to get this out. I hope you liked it. Thank you and please comment! If you have any ideas, please tell me!! :)