End.

New Friend; JackBam Oneshot

“Everyone, this is Kunpimook.” 

    Small hand waving to the class, Kunpimook shuffled in his spot as he stood before the class of Korean students, all eyeing him with interest. They acted as if he was an alien, heads tilting and whispers being exchanged. 

“Kunpimook, would you like to introduce yourself? Say something about where you’re from?” The teacher prodded, a smile on her lips.

“H-Hello everyone…” The boy said feebly, deciding to look at the floor, suddenly his shoes seemed extremely interesting in comparison to the fascinated, intimidating teenagers. “My name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul, I’m from Bangkok, Thailand, and I was born in 1997.” He bowed, Korean shaky and accent heavy. “I hope we all get along well.” 

    As the class gave him a mumbled hello, the teacher told the class to treat Kunpimook well. “Now, who has a place where he can sit?”

    “Here!” One boy raised his hand enthusiastically, smile bright. “There’s an empty spot next to me!”

    “Alright, take that seat next to Jackson.” 

    Shyly, Kunpimook took the empty desk in the back, taking his items from his backpack and looking over as he was poked. 

    “Hey! My name’s Jackson.” A loud whisper came from the right, that same bright grin directed straight at Kunpimook. 

    “H-Hey Jackson.” The boy smiled, a small wave being given. “It’s nice to meet you. Jackson’s not a very Korean name…” 

    “I’m Cantonese.” He nodded, twirling his pencil in his hand. “How do you say your name again? It was really cool sounding…”

    “Kun-pi-mook.” The boy bit back a smile, eyes crinkling. “You can always give me a nickname, though. I know Thai names are hard to say…”

    “Hmm… BamBam.” Jackson snapped his fingers and pointed to the boy, “I’ll call you BamBam, a cute nickname for a cute boy.”

    Biting back a loud laugh, Kupimook tried to shushed himself as the teacher began lecture, sneaking looks over at the Cantonese boy next to him who seemed to be interested in anything besides the teacher. 

    Cute? Jackson thought he was cute? As the other caught his gaze, Kunpimook quickly looked back in front of him. He could get used to Jackson.

 

~*~

 

    “BamBam! Over here!” Jackson waved his arm enthusiastically, voice muffled by the dumpling stuffed to the side of his mouth. 

    Kunpimook grinned and held tightly to his bento box, shuffling quickly over to Jackson’s table in the lunchroom. There seemed to be a few other boys with his friend and it made the younger bit nervous, but if they were friends with Jackson they had to be nice.

    “Hey.” Sitting next to Jackson, Kunpimook gave a small wave to the others.

    “BamBam, these are the coolest yet dumbest people you will ever meet.” Dodging a carrot thrown by one of his table mates as revenge, Jackson chuckled and pointed around the table. “This is Mark, he’s from Los Angeles, then there’s Jaebum, Youngjae, Yugyeom, and Jinyoung, although we call him Junior.” As each person was introduced they directed a wave or smile to Kunpimook. “Guys, this is BamBam, he’s from Bangkok!”

    “Is that your real name?” Yugyeom looked at the boy with round eyes, before Jackson smacked the back of his head.

    “Stupid, do you really think that would be someone’s name?” Rolling his own eyes, Jackson’s posture straightened. “His real name is Khoo-pin-muk. Did I get it right?”

    Kunpimook laughed lightly, biting his lip. “W-Well, you’re really close! Kunpimook Bhuwakul.” The boy nodded. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

    Lunch went well thereon, Jackson’s friends turning out to be some of the nicest people Kunpimook had ever met. He could see himself warming up to everyone.

 

~*~

 

“BamBam! Wanna stay over at my house tomorrow night?”

 

    The proposition had seemed innocent enough, Kunpimook’s hands nervously trembling as he stepped off the bus at the stop in front of Jackson’s town-home. The past two weeks at his new school had been exceptional, Jackson taking Kunpimook under his wing and showing him the ropes of the new school. He absolutely adored the older boy, and every morning he looked forward to seeing the Cantonese boy’s smile as he walked into the room. In a honest, quiet moment, Kunpimook he would most likely admit that he had a crush. A big one, at that. Which would explain the shaking hands and sweaty palms as he knocked on the door to the Wang family home. 

    Barely a moment after he knocked, the front door swung open to reveal a beaming Jackson.

    “BamBam!” He nearly yelled, moving out of the entryway. “Come in, come in! My mom is making Dimsum and lots of Chinese food. I hope you’ll like it! We can also go to my room and play video games or do something else if you don’t like gaming, I guess I should have asked but I figured most dudes liked video games unless you don’t which is okay too and-“

    “Jackson!” Kunpimook laughed, adjusting his duffel bag strap on his shoulder, stepping out of his shoes. “You’re rambling, and I really do like video games. Show me your room?” He couldn’t contain the grin on his lips as Jackson nodded quickly, then took his hand to lead him up the stairs. 

    Kunpimook pictured a bit more color when he imagined Jackson’s room, but instead he was greeted with bare, white walls and a soft blue checked bedspread. “I know it’s kind of boring… Since we’re just renting this place I’m not allowed to do anything fun.” The older flopped onto his bed, smiling at Kunpimook. “Go ahead and throw your stuff anywhere. Do you want a futon or do you want to share my bed?”

    At the question the Thai boy froze. If he was being honest, he’d like to share Jackson’s full-sized bed. The thought of being snuggled up to Jackson in his sleep though, made him a bit hot under the collar. 

    “A-Ah, could we share your bed?” Kunpimook asked timidly, setting his bag down onto the floor and sitting on the edge of the bed as Jackson tapped the empty space.

    “Of course dude! If I didn’t want to share with you, I wouldn’t have offered.” Jackson chuckled, sitting up and wrapping an arm around Kunpimook’s shoulders. “BamBam-ah, you seem all quiet, you okay…?”

    “M-Me? I’m fine, I’m just, uh… Thirsty.” He nodded quickly and cleared his throat, shoulders sinking at his lame excuse. Couldn’t he just be cool like Jackson?

    “Well I have soda! I hope you don’t mind Coke.” Reaching under his bed, he took out two cans, handing one to the other.

    “Do you seriously keep soda under your bed?” The younger boy couldn’t help the bubbly giggle that escaped his lips, finding Jackson simply adorable. 

    “Well my Mom doesn’t like me to drink it! She says it’s bad for you and blah blah.” Jackson took a swig of his soda, leaning against Kunpimook slightly. “Thanks for coming over, it’s been ages since I’ve had a friend stay at my place.”

    “Really…?” Kunpimook blinked a bit, running his finger over the can’s lettering. “But you’re like… So cool and funny and handsome, I thought you were like, super popular, I didn’t even think you would ever notice me…” He couldn’t even contain the embarrassing stream of words that left his mouth, Jackson sitting up and watching him intently. 

    “You seriously think all that?” Jackson’s words were soft, but his eyes were so piercing that Kunpimook could barely contain the lurch in his heart. 

    “Yeah, of course…” 

    His eyes widened as Jackson leaned closer, shaking slightly when the older pressed his lips against Kunpimook’s in a innocent, sweet kiss. Before he could even register what was happening it was over, but the way he felt Jackson’s hand on the back of his neck let him knew the moment was real.

    “You… You kissed me.” Kunpimook said dumbly, chocolate eyes round, fingers brushing over his own lips.

    “Duh.” Jackson laughed, eyes turned up into crescents. “You’re cute.”

~*~

    The rest of the evening went smoothly. Sweet, knowing smiles were exchanged during dinner as Jackson’s parents asked question after question. What’s Bangkok like? Do you have a girlfriend back home? How are you liking school? Any cute girls you’ve seen? Thankfully the food was delicious, if not, Kunpimook didn’t know if he could take the awkwardness.

    They did end up playing video games, but only until Kunpimook won and Jackson decided that good punishment was tickling the boy until his eyes were watering and he was shouting for forgiveness.

    As Kunpimook caught his breath from the unprovoked attack, he finally realized how close he was to Jackson, their faces only inches apart.

    Victory music from their car racing game echoed in the background as Jackon’s lips met Kunpimook’s again, eyes closed and touches soft against the smaller’s skin. Little giggles escaped Kunpimook as kisses were trailed down his neck, Jackson’s dark hair tickling underneath his chin. 

    “You’re so cute.” Jackson breathed one again, arms wrapping around the other. “What would I do if I hadn’t met you?”

    “I should be the one asking that question.”  Kunpimook smiled, eyes turned up into small little crescents. “Thank you. For being my friend.”

    Jackson smiled, shaking his head. “Of course, silly. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

    As the evening wound down and sleeping arrangements were confirmed, Kunpimook ended up lying on the inside of Jackson’s bed, the older claiming he needed to sleep on the outside incase Kunpimook rolled off. The younger knew it was really just because Jackson wanted to be next to his cellphone charger.

    Looking into the darkness of the bedroom, Jackson’s arms locked around him and his chest moving up and down slowly, Kunpimook was lost in his thoughts. Would Jackson tell his other friends about the two of them? Was there anything to tell? So many unanswered questions spun through his mind and throughout his body, releasing into every touch he gave to the sleeping form beside him.

    No matter what the answers to the questions were, in light of what Jackson said, Kunpimook wouldn’t have it any other way.