Prologue

The Ice Princess ❄️

Chapter One: Prologue


Eunmi's Pov

When I was 7, I would always go ice-skating with my Mother while my Dad would sing covers of cheerful songs with his band by the balcony and watch us skate happily. 

Things changed one day…

My Mother had planned to go and get our food supplies from across the river. In order to get there, she had to go through the forest where the trees were thin, yet long and flimsy.

As my Mother passed a tree, our horse (which she was riding on) seemed to have seen something which happened to be a lady watching him from behind the tree. Being frightened by the sight of an unknown stranger, the horse started kicking the air and as it did so, I suppose my Mother fell off… But after seeing her dead body lying in a pile of heavy snow a day later - I knew that it wasn't just a bad fall that had caused her death. It looked more serious… As if something (or someone) had caused an unsteady tree to fall of her while she was unconscious on the ground.

What ever it was is vicious.
Vicious, heartless and violent.

If I ever came face to face with the thing that had caused my Mother's death, I would get my revenge…

Jessica's Pov

My Mother is vicious.
She's absolutely heartless and violent!!!

She told me that she'd teach me how to use my powers wisely. She promised me that nobody would get hurt this time…

But she lied once again.

In fact - This time, the person who got hurt didn't make it.
She couldn't make it…

My Mother had killed her.

As she vanished, I stood there and stared at the lifeless body in front of me. Even though I knew that it wasn't me who killed her, I felt the guilt and sadness rush through my body. It felt like someone had just shot my frozen heart and left me there to die.

I felt worse when I saw the lady's daughter crying next to her while the other villagers ran to help her. I guess they were all too late because she had died a day ago…There was nothing that could bring her back - It was impossible and I knew it myself. A tear escaped from my eye as I walked away from the sadness and despair behind my back.

I can never forget this day and I swear, I will help this girl at all costs, even if it means I'll die… Then at least my own Mother would know how it feels to lose someone dear.

Although…
I don't think I really mean anything to her… She wouldn't care if I died…
Would she?

Besides - She was the one who killed Dad…