tom and jerry break up

a long row of cramped boxes and broken hearts。

 

 

` (    hyelim's horribleluck   )

familiar comforts gone

 

 

 

 

She shifted uncomfortably in her place by  Hyelim's feet,   the  endless ammount of boxes and packages towering over them.  Their dorm had never seemed so dull.  Joohee wasn't bouncing around in her underwear,   Yooyoung was completely silent in the other room.  What scared Yoonjo  the  most was how lifeless Hyelim seemed to be.  Hyelim,  her partner in crime,  her best friend,  the 'Tom to her Jerry', was   just  about  dead.

She  opened  ,   but   couldn't  find   the   right   words  to  say.   "Hyelim, "  Yoonjo   started carefully,  her   eyes flickering  over   to  the   other   girl.   Her   mouth   felt   dry   and uncomfortable,   her  throat  getting  stuck  in between  her  words.  She  did    her  best  to   swallow  the   clump  in   her  throat.   Yoonjo   motioned  to  the boxes  in front  o f herself,   somehow  forcing  a  smile .  "Can you help me  bring  my  things  to   the  living  room ?  The   movers  will be here  soon."

 

It   was  at  that  moment  that   Hyelim  finally   broke.  

 

It  had  become  official  just a  few  days ago ,   Yoonjo 's  parents  were   forcing   her   to   move  to   Busan  with  them   and  attend  university  there.    

They  were  ripping  Yoonjo  away   from  her  roommates  and  their   underground  band.    No  daughter  of    theirs   was   going   to  make   a   living   preforming  in  clubs   with a   bunch  of    uncivilized  young  girls.   Their  daughter  was  going  to   law  school,   she  was  going  to   make  something   of    herself.   Yoonjo   was   too  timid  to   reject them. 

The   promises  that  Venus  was  going  to  reach  the  stars ,  that   the  six  girls  would  never  disappoint  each  other.  They  were   always  supposed  to  be   there  for  each  other.   Yoonjo   broke   those  promises.

No  on e  blamed   her.   They  all  knew  the  break  up  was  going   to  happen  one  day.   They  all  knew  Yoonjo's  parents  and  they  knew  the  girl  wouldn't  be   able  to  disobey   even  if   she   tried.   No   one  was  angry ,   no   one   tried   to   stop  her.    Everyone  accepted  it.   For   god's  sake,   they  all  knew  that  eventually  they  would  move  out  of   this  stuffy   Seoul  apartment   and  move  on   from  the  band  'Venus',  from  each  other.   Yoonjo  shouldn't  be  punished   if   she   was  the   first.  

Except ,   Hyelim   wasn't  having  any  of   that  bull.  

 

 

Yoonjo  shouldn't  leave,  she   couldn't  leave!    She  couldn't  leave  Hyelim  so  easily,  it  just  wasn't  fair.   Yoonjo  was Hyelim's  ideal.  Her best  friend,  her  crush.  Maybe  even  her  first  love.  Now  she  was  going  to  walk  through  that  door  and  never  look  back.  

 

There  was  a  twinge  in  Hyelim's  chest,  something  wet  and salty  falling  down  her  cheeks.   She  didn't  think   twice  before  forcing  herself   in  Yoonjo's  arms,  her  sobs  racking  through  the   other  girl's  body.   For  the  first  time  in  her  life,  Hyelim  sat  down  and c ried.  And  cried.  And  cried.  

For  hours,  for  days,   she  lost  track  of  the  time  that  past.    Eventually,  her  sobs  dulled  down into  hiccups,  her  knuckles , that had  gone   white  from  how  tight  she  was gripping  Yoonjo's  shirt,  finally  loosened  their grip.   As  pathetic  as  Hyelim  felt,  no  matter  how  embarrassed  she  was  from  her  sudden  outburst,  she  still managed   to  lift  her  head  and  meet  Yoonjo's  heavy  gaze.

"You  don't  really  have  to  leave,   do  you?"   The  younger's  voice  is  still lined  with  tears,  her  words   are   shaky  and  sloppy,  her  eyes threatening  to  water  over   everytime  she  blinked.   "You're  going  to   come  back.  You're  just  pulling  another  prank.   You're  just  trying  to  trick  us,  you-"  

A n  empty  laugh  fell out  of  Yoonjo's  mouth,   her  smile  still etched  onto  her  face.  "Yup,  Lime,  I'm  just  kidding you."  Even  if  they  both  knew  it  wasn't true,  Yoonjo's  words  still continued.  "I'll   be  back  in  my  bed  tomorrow and  we'll  all laugh   about  this  in  a  few  years." 

 

As  abruptly  as  Yoonjo's  words  started,  they  stopped.  "I'm  sorry."
 

Hyelim  didn't  respond.

Hyelim  could  feel  Yoonjo's  slim  fingers   run  through  her  hair.   She  wished  that  the  gesture  was  more  comforting.   She  wished  that Yoonjo's  words  were true,  she  tried   convincing  herself  that  they  were.  Even  if  Hyelim's  breath  had  returned  to  a normal  pace,  she  didn't  pull  out  of  the   embrace.  She  didn't  want   to  face  the  reality  that  Yoonjo  was  actually  leaving.   

 

All the  time  that  the  two  spent  together,  all the  fun  that   they  had.  Hyelim  didn't  want  that  to  end.  She  didn't  want  to   let  go  of  Yoonjo.  If  she  had  to,  at  the  very  least  she  wanted  to   know  something.

"Yoonjo?"

"Mhmm?"

"Do  you  love  me?  I  do.   Love  you,  I  mean."

 

There  was  silence.   Long,  cold,  empty  silence.   Every  second  that  ticked by  seemed  to go  on  forever,  Hyelim   felt  her  heart  being  ripped  out  of  her  chest.  A  'no'   was  what  she  needed  anyways,   something  that  would  help  her   move  on.   Something that  would  keep her  from  clinging  onto  the  memory of  Shin  Yoonj-

"Yes, Hyelim.  I  love  you  too."

Oh.

 

More  silence  filled  the  room.  Hyelim  didn't  like  the  silence,  she  hated  it,  but  she  was  too  scared  to  break  it.  

Hyelim  didn't  notice  when  Yooara  came  in  to  tell  the  duo  that  the  moving  truck  was  here. 

Hyelim  didn't  notice  when  Yoonjo   pulled  away  from  the  embrace  and  set  to  work  moving  the  boxes.   She  didn't  even  notice  when she  herself  got  up  and  started  moving  boxes  around.  It  was  almost  funny  how  much  of  a daze  she  was  in.   She  was  bumping into  people,  dropping  boxes  on  her  own  feet, it  was  like  she  was in  trance. At  least,  it  would have  been funny  if   the  atmosphere  hadn't  been  so  grim.

 

Two  hours  later,  she  was met  with  a  kiss  to  her   temple  and  a sweet  hug  from  Yoonjo.

 "Don't  look  so  sad,  Hyelim.  We'll  talk  over  phones  and  videocameras.  I'm  not  going   to  disappear  from  your  life."  

 

Somehow  those  words  seemed  hollow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After  a  year  and  a half  without  so much  as  a  text  from  Yoonjo,  Hyelim  decided  it  was  time  to move  on.  She  never  seems  to get  a break,  Hyelim  is the  epitome  of  bad luck.   She's never  been  blessed  when  it  comes  to  love.

 

But  as  she  glances  at  th e  cute  young  girl  who's  shuffling   on  the  other  side  of  the   convience  store  she  thinks  that maybe  things  will be  different  this  time.

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :  ha.  you  can  shoot  me now  for t his  piece  of  crap.  i'm  sorry. this  was going to just  be  about  lime  but  then limejo  happened  so. yeah. 

 

 

credits to fallen angel