Departure.

The Prince and The Tourist

JIEUN

Jieun was tired of crying. Her uncle had left her a week now and she still couldn't get accustomed to the change in her life, even after she had booked her ticket to Solommon Island and had finished packing.

As she washed her hands in the airport bathroom now, her reflection clear and showing her red puffy eyes, she sighs and looks down. What would her uncle say to her? Would he be disappointed or slightly comforted to have someone cry for him? Afterall, he had always worried. Worried to death that he would be forgotten. That his famiy and friends would never remember his presence. He was worried over nothing, of course. Simply sensitive and too afraid of making others unhappy. That had made him kind, and perhaps too kind that he ended up involved in a bank robbery and now gone.

Jieun shook her head at the thought, feeling hot tears resurfacing. No, she would be strong. She would be strong enough to ensure her uncle's last wish would be done.

She had researched about the island, and had always wondered what it was that made it so captivating that people would wish to have their last destination in life to be there. Solommon Island was very much like the Maldives, but smaller and with less chance of being consumed by global warming. It had the calm beach vibe with just enough of the city life to make it thrive in trade and in politics, and with their very own Royal family, they had their popularity between the world population secured.

Jieun remembered seeing their picture in magazine like Times and Forbes, because they were rich and successful and most definitely an interesting bunch, with looks and personalities and drama surrounding their every move. But Jieun never cared for all that. Never had the time, to be exact. She worked night shifts and in between college classes to cover up her and her uncle's living expenses with extra money to spare. They would take trips to places such as Vietnam and China, places rich in culture and tradition, never Solommon Islands though, since the ticket was expensive and she was never actually interested in beaches and oceans. Plus, it was expensive, so any time they would wish for it, her uncle would end up going on his own and back with goods to sell in the city.

"Flight SI771 is boarding. Passengers for Flight SI771 is requested to go to Gate 7A for boarding." The lady's voice rings throughout the bathroom walls.

Jieun grabbed her stuff and made her way to Gate 7A, her heart heavy as she took the jar of her uncle's ashes with her. The security had given her looks of pity and confusion when she explained to her the contents of the jar, but Jieun knew that this was his last wish, and so be it if it would cost her money and be a bother. She didn't care as long as got the task done and her uncle could rest in his own peaceful world.

As she sat in her seat, she hugged the jar to her chest and prayed for safety and for only the best scenarios.

 

CHANYEOL

Chanyeol felt tired to the bone. He didn't understand the need for self-defense lessons in his agenda. None of his cousins or uncles had ever had them, and he thought that perhaps it was a punishment for his constant wish to sneak out of the palace and explore his Island.

But of course he wished it. How else could he truly understand what his people needed the most if not when on the streets?

As he stood under the shower, the warm water soaking into his hair and falling down his body like a coat of comfort, he let out a short breath and took in the peace.

Thud! Thud! 

He ignored the knock.

Thud! Thud! 

He closed his eyes and continued to ignore it.

"Your Majesty, my apologies, but you father wishes to speak to you after your shower." He hears the messenger say.

Thud! Thud! 

"Your Majesty..?"

"Understood." He retorts with a sigh.

What his father wanted to scold him for this time, Chanyeol couldn't have cared less. He had always seemed to consider his every move stupid or dangerous. His mother would say that it was because he cared, but Chanyeol had a feeling it was more because he was worried for the future of the Island. He knew Chanyeol had never wanted it, but that it was something that he couldn't exactly have a word on.

As he turned the tap off with a tired soul, he sighed again and wished the day to end quickly again so he could walk through the night market and meet the people he would someday rule. It would comfort him to at least try to understand the needs of the people.

 

--

Chapter 1/? I honestly almost forgot about this plot hehe