Chapter 1-

Winter

Winter(chap 1)

3 September, Wednesday

Kyungsoo's palms were getting sweaty as they held a firm grip on his passport. His three year old sister held an equally strong hold oh his thigh, as if she never wanted to let him go. Kyungsoo sighed softly and bent to her height, slowing pushing her away in the process. Her face was tear stricken, contouring in a certain angle that made her look unpleasing. 

Kyungsoo's heart cracked a little. Instead of pecking her farewell, he opted to give her a small hug. He loved her so much, with all his heart, but has learnt to not get attached to anyone at all.

Everyone has a time of arrival, as well as a time to part, and Kyungsoo did not want to go through the pain of parting.

"Bye, Jimin." He whispered as he ruffled up her hair.

Kyungsoo stood back up and rolled his shoulders a little, balancing out the weight of his bagpack. His joints cracked, and he sighed, he obviously spent too much of his time on spotlessly white bed.

"Bye dad." 

A hug for his father too. The old man pulled his lips to a tight smile as he patted Kyungsoo's back, his eyes crinkling with a hint of sadness shimmering. His father was not really fond of expressing any kind of emotions at all, and it did not surprise Kyungsoo at all that no words follow after that pat.

Kyungsoo smiled back a little, tears pricking the back of his eyes as he dragged his luggage with him. His shoes made tiny noises as he stepped into the arrival hall as he casted one last look at the two beloved ones he left behind. This was goodbye, now it's time to go. 

Time to leave.

-

Seoul. Kyungsoo did not have a lot of money, but this was the place he wanted to stay for the next three months. He had places he wanted to visit there, he researched loads about it, and even rented and apartment for stay. He felt so excited just by standing on the cemented floor on the street of Seoul. 

Kyungsoo cringed as his abdomen sent a jolting pain up to his body. He was on the street, he cannot collapse now, so he tried to place all his focus and attention on something else. 

Seoul was cold. It was winter anyway. Kyungsoo thought about how nice it would be to reach the warm and cozy apartment, meeting his roommate and hopefully they'll get along. He smiled a little as he took staggering steps to the booked apartment according to the handwritten address. 

Today he shall leave visiting on hold. He wasn't physically able to move around, maybe today, he'll take the time to settle in.

-

Think positive.

Kyungsoo's eyes cringed shut as his head throbbed, silently scolding himself for losing the keys. This is serious, he needed somewhere to lay down immediately, his stomach was killing him. Where the hell was his supposed "room mate"? He dropped Kyungsoo an e-mail last night that he would be at home, where is he when he need his help?

"Oh! Oh my god i'm late i'm so sorry!"

Kyungsoo turned and glared, whoever the hell his room mate was, he was going to castrate him.

The young tanned man seemed to tell that Kyungsoo was already pissed and immediately went to open the door, murmuring apologies as Kyungsoo staggered pass him.

"Are you okay?"

His voice was soft and inviting, but Kyungsoo decided to shut him out, like he did to everyone else.

"Where is my room?"

"Are you sure you're-"

"My room."

Kyungsoo's voice was persistent and firm. He didn't care if he disrespected the other male, he got his piriorities sorted and being in his room immediately is on the top of the list. Kyungsoo could see the look of shock on his face as he signaled to the room on the left. He rushed in and slammed the door shut. All that's on his mind now is to get medicated and to get as much rest as possible.

Apologising to his roommate for his behavior can wait till tomorrow.

-

4 September, Thursday

Kyungsoo woke up still in his sweater from yesterday and was actually surprised that he wasn't freezing cold. His roommate must have entered his room and the heating in fear that Kyungsoo would freeze to death. He scoffed. He's roommate was quite a nice guy after all, if Kyungsoo was in his place, he would not regret leaving him to freeze after that hissy fit he threw yesterday.

Kyungsoo sauntered out to the kitchen, his stomach did not hurt that bad after that long night of sleep, but now replacing it was a huge pit of guilt.

"Oh hey, good morning."

Kyungsoo jumped, he didn't even notice his roommate's presence behind him. Kyungsoo only realised how attractive his roommate actually looked after locking eyes with him.

"O-oh h-hey there." 

His roommate scratched his forehead and yawned, giving a lazy smile.

"I um.." Kyungsoo wasn't particularly fond of acknowledging his mistakes but if he missed this opportunity to apologise the burning feeling of guilt would not stop. "I'm sorry for.. You know.."

"Its okay, don't fret! I'm jongin by the way!"

"Kyungsoo."

The sides of Kyungsoo's mouth upturned. Today might just not turn out to be such a bad day after all.