Mr. Popular

Listen to Your Heart

Mihyun looks down at her school map as she anxiously tries to look for her homeroom. It’s her first day at Seoul High, and she had been circling around the school campus for at least 15 minutes.

Tired and agitated, Mihyun stopped walking and checked the time on her watch. She had less than five minutes to get to class before the bell rings!


"Oh shoot, I can't be late on the FIRST day!" Out of breath, Mihyun used the energy she had left and started running through the halls.

She took a second to look down at her map when she suddenly bumped into someone.

OOF! The impact of the collision caused the other student to drop their books. "I'm so sorry!" Mihyun apologized as she bent down to help pick up the fallen books. "It's okay, it's okay. Just don't talk too loud, okay?" After picking up the books, Mihyun looked up to see a male student with brown hair. He was constantly looking to the left and to the right. He seemed nervous...like a thief in a jewelry store.

"Is everything okay?" Mihyun asked. "SHH!" He suddenly grabbed her wrist and dragged her behind a pillar. "What are you-? Mmph!" The male student covered and whispered. "SHHH! They'll hear you! Quick! Bend down!"

A few moments later, the sound of screaming girls echoed through the halls. "Oppa!! Oppa where are you? Stop hiding from us, and come out from wherever you are!"

As the voices died down, the male student sighed and stood up. "Sorry about that" he said while helping Mihyun up. "It's alright..." Still dazed, Mihyun straightened her uniform and brushed herself off. "Well, see you around!" The male student smiled and waved as he started to leave.

Mihyun sighed and looked down at her watch. Only two minutes before class starts! Maybe I should ask this guy if he knows where it is? "Hey! Wait!" Mihyun ran after him and tapped his shoulder. "Could...you...". Mihyun was too out of breath to talk properly. I should probably work out more often, I'm out of shape!

Mihyun held out the paper with her homeroom number to him. "Oh...sure." He took the paper and scribbled something on it. "Here ya go." Mihyun took a look at the paper and saw... his messy signature.

What in the world...After finally catching her breath, she gave him a confused look and asked "What is this?" The male student blinked twice and looked at her with a blank expression. "My signature...? What? Weren't you asking me for an autograph?"                                                   

"Um...No, why would I want your autograph? Are you famous or something?" Mihyun asked.

"No...Well kind of, I am the most good looking guy at this school." He scratched and tilted his head, confused by Mihyun's question. "Most girls would usually do anything for an autograph from me..." He let out an embarrassed laugh and looked away.

                                                             
                                                                     

Mihyun faced him and took a good look at him. Huh, I guess he looks okay...He's no Won bin though. Ok, focus Mihyun! Focus! "Can you help me find my classroom? I'm a little lost." Mihyun pointed to the paper that he just signed.

"Ohh, you're new here? No wonder...Let me see your paper again." He grabbed her paper and smiled. "Oh? We're in the same homeroom! Just follow me!"

When they arrived in front of the classroom, Mihyun tapped him on his shoulder. "Hm?" He turned and faced her. "Thanks for helping me out...umm..." Mihyun scanned his uniform for a nametag.

"Oh! Sorry, I'm not used to people not knowing my name!" Wow, someone is a bit cocky...

"My name is Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you!" He smiled and extended his hand. "Jung Mihyun, nice to meet you too." Mihyun returned his smile and grabbed a hold of his hand. I guess I just made my first new friend!

They shook hands and walked into class just as the bell rang.


Author's Note: How was the first chapter? Sorry for the grammar mistakes...I'm not very good at writing fiction. I hope it wasn't too boring~