The Lengths That Love Makes Us Take

The Lengths That Love Makes Us Take

Jimin was curled up in the queen bed staring at the empty spot beside him. The sheets were pale white and unwrinkled and when Jimin reached out to touch them it felt just like his heart. Cold. Pulling his hands back against his chest he thought of where his other half was, in a warm and brightly lit recording studio, with the smell of coffee lingering in the air as Yoongi finished his third cup. The quiet clicking of buttons and the scratching of pencil against paper invading the ears. Whining in frustration, he pouted and hit his fists against the bed thinking of what he could do to make his heart warm again.

After several minutes of thinking he got out of the bed, dragging the blankets and pillows with him. Grabbing his phone he dialled the number to a taxi company and arranged for a taxi to be at the house soon. Grabbing one of Yoongi’s hoodies he pulled it over his head, revelling momentarily in the familiar scent. Hearing a honk from outside the house he carried the blanket and pillow into the back of the car telling the driver the address of building. The car ride was probably the longest in his life, mainly because he didn’t have Yoongi there next to him. He payed the driver on arrival and climbed out the car, walking into the building and finding the recording studio Yoongi had occupied.

The door opened with a loud noise, startling the rapper and making him turn. “What are you doing at this time of night?” He swivelled in his chair and turned to look at the other male. “I should be asking you the same thing” Jimin mumbled. “I couldn’t sleep without you there” Yoongi chuckled, making him find the action endearing. Finally noticing the bundled up sheets and pillow in the younger’s hand he raised his eyebrow quizzically at the other. “Don’t ask” Jimin replied, climbing onto Yoongi’s lap and covered them both with the blanket, discarding the pillow after deciding that his lovers chest was comfortable enough.

The hyung opened his mouth to say something but decided against it once he realised the other’s breathing had already slowed down and his eyes were closed, soft snoring being unveiled to the air. He smiled fondly at the sleeping boy leaning on his chest and pressed a small kiss to his forehead as he wrapped his arms around the other to continue the work he had stared, the boy in his lap finally at peace with his sleep.