You Are My One and Only Happiness

Pure, Innocent, True Love

Irene’s P.O.V.

 

                It was a beautiful Friday, August 01, 2014, our debut day. I was walking through the back stage with a big grin plastered on my face which was the sign of excite. I looked for my princess, Seulgi, as I opened the door of my group’s dressing room.

 

                “Irene!” Seulgi shouted as she stood up from her chair at the front and hugged me saying, “I’m too much nervous, what can I do?” And she got off the hug, “Gosh, can we just cancel this? OMG, what if I got slipped on the floor later or if I forgot the dance step or the lyr---“

               

                “Shh,” I cut what she supposed to say as I held her lips using my pointer finger and my right hand holding her other hand tight, “Don’t be nervous. As I’m here, everything’s gonna be alright,” I embraced her so tight like a bear, “Believe me, okay?” I muttered as I got off our hug and held her angel-like face using both of my hands.

 

                She nodded and spoke, “Thank you, thank you,” her worried face quickly turned to a happy and relaxed one as she turned red as well.

 

                We then both proceeded to our own chairs and prepared ourselves for our debut stage. We were both facing the mirror, holding each other’s hands as our seats were just beside of one another. I smiled and held her hand even tighter than ever.

 

                Suddenly, someone knocked at the door and entered, “Guys, are you ready?” I knew it was our manager-oppa. “You will be performing in 10 minutes. Good luck. Fighting!” And he closed the door.

 

                I looked at Seulgi as I smiled, “Ready, my princess” I looked at her sincerely.

 

                She shrugged, “Maybe…?” And she chuckled a bit.

 

                I then put her hand near my face and kissed it, “We can do this.” I winked.

 

                “…” She nodded again as response with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

 

                I heaved a sigh and stood up as I let go my princess’ hand speaking, “Ready, my fellow Red Velvet members?” I energetically asked.

 

                “Leader-nim, I’m so nervous,” Joy pouted.

 

                “Ne, I’m trembling, see” Wendy put her hands high and as she said so, those were shaking a lot.

 

                I smiled, “C’mon, stand up,” I commanded. “Seulgi?” I walked towards my princess and guided her up, “Let’s form a big circle.”

 

                As we four were standing in a form of a big circle, we held hands, hung our heads low, and closed our eyes, “God, thank you for this opportunity. Finally, we’ll be having our debut stage now. You’ve granted our wish once again. Now, our wish is for you to guide us to our journey, fulfill our dreams with happiness, care, and love. Please make our debut stage successful that we know you can do. May your will be done. Amen.” and we opened our eyes slowly as we looked at each other, “C’mon guys, cheer up,” I grinned, “Hug?” I suggested an embrace.

 

                We hugged together and I spoke, “We can do this,” and we got off the hug. We then put our right hands on the low center and shouted together, “Once OT4, forever OT4! We can do this! Red Velvet, fighting!” And we put those hands of ours high.

 

                “Yay!!!” Our green-haired maknae shouted and clapped her hands.

 

                We laughed together, “Okay, continue on preparing,” I smiled. Seulgi was about to proceed, but I held her hand. “See? They aren’t nervous anymore,” I grinned, “We’ll do this, believe me.”

 

                “Thanks,” she embraced me.

 

                “Saranghae,” I whispered.

 

                “I love you, too,”

 

|| Skip >> after performance ||

 

                We were already heading to our dressing room, while Joy and Wendy kept on yelling like they were so happy. I then looked at Seulgi who was very silent right at the back of me, “Oh, why is my princess not happy” I questioned.

 

                “Gosh, Irene, I did it? OMG, I’m trembling a lot. How? How did I do that?”

 

                I chuckled and muttered, “Look. You’re too great not to be able to do such things,” I held her hand the tightest.

 

                She heaved a sigh, “Nah, you’re better,” she smiled.

 

                “Sorry, but you’re the best,” I hugged her.

 

                “Keke,” and we proceeded to our dressing room, holding each other’s hands still.

 

                I hugged my members greeting, “Congrats! We did it!” I grinned.

 

                “Thanks and you, too!” Joy smiled back.

 

               “Yea and the fans kept on shouting like AAHHH!!!” Wendy copied the way fans yelled which caused us to chuckle.

 

                “Let’s have a party?” I suggested.

 

                “Okay, c’mon, right now!” Wendy excitedly stood up.

 

                “Okay, just proceed to my car then,” I grinned, “We’ll be following you guys in a minute.” Joy and Wendy proceeded out.

 

                Seulgi and I were only the ones left in the room. I smiled at her and asked for her hand, “Let’s go?”

 

                She stood up, “Fine,” she smiled bigly.

 

|| Skip >> during the party ||

 

                We’ve partied in a big room with a beach outside of it. I then went out and proceeded to the beach, without any of my members’ permission. As I was already walking in the sand, enjoying the wind and the ocean’s waves, I sat on the white sand and though of the most unforgettable memories Seulgi and I had.

 

>> Flashback <<

 

                It was the first day of school and I was walking in the corridor. Suddenly, I saw a few classmates before, laughing at a girl that I didn’t know yet. Probably, she was just a newbie in here. Those girls I’ve seen were such bullies ever since I was in the 3rd grade, last year. The new girl was crying so hard, maybe those mean girls bullied her. I ran to her as I dragged her away. We hid in the comfort room.

 

                “I think they are no longer following us,” I whispered, but the girl kept on crying. I looked at her and smiled, “Shh, don’t cry,” I offered her my handkerchief.

 

                “Thanks,” she shyly got the handkerchief to her hand and wiped her face.

 

                “Welcome! By the way, I’m Irene, Irene Bae. And you?”

 

                She then luckily smiled and spoke, “Seulgi, Kang Seulgi,” and we shook hands.

 

                “Nice name. Now… friends?” I questioned.

 

                She shook her head, “No,” but she continued to smile.

 

                “Hmm,” I pouted.

 

                “Best friends!!!” She grinned and embraced me. I was totally shocked, but smiled still.

 

                “Yehey!!!” I shouted with a big grin on my face as I jumped.

 

                “Shh, they might see us again,” she whispered.

 

                I chuckled softly, “Keke. Sorry,” and then smiled.

 

--- CUT ---

 

>> Another flashback <<

 

                Seulgi and I were walking in the park, holding each other’s hands. I was already 19 and she was just 16 by this time. We sat under an oak tree and there was a moment of silence.

 

                “Seulgi,” I broke the ice.

 

                “Ne?” She responded, not even looking at me.

 

                “Throughout the years, those unforgettable moments, I think I’ve fallen for a beautiful girl,…”

 

                “OMG, OMG, OMG, who, who?” She seemed very much shocked yet happy.

 

                “Shh, please listen first,” I held her lips.

 

                “…” She nodded as a response.

 

                “We’ve met in a school. She was just a newbie that time. I’ve been a protector of her at our first meeting… and now, she’s just beside me,” I suddenly looked at Seulgi and smiled.

 

                “…” She looked at me as well and seemed so shocked.

 

              “And now…” I stood up and knelt down after, saying,” And now, I’m asking her if she’s willing to be my girlfriend?”

 

                Seulgi looked at me saying, “S-seriously, I-Irene? Is this for real?” A tear suddenly flowed from her right eye.

 

                “Yes,” I whispered, “Will you be my girlfriend, Kang Seul Gi?”

 

                “If this is real then… yes, yes, yes!!!” I hugged her as we both cried due to happiness.

 

                “Thank you,” I whispered.

 

                “Thank you, too,” she responded.

 

                “I love you,”

 

                “I love you, more,”

 

--- CUT ---

 

>> Back to the present <<

 

                A tear from my left eye flowed as I’ve thought of some memories of Seulgi and me.

 

                *silence*

 

                I then heard some footsteps walking towards me which caused me to look for who it was and found out that it was my one and only princess.

 

                “Oh,” I smiled, “Come, sit here.” I pointed beside me.

 

                She then smiled back and sat beside me, “So, why don’t you join us instead?” She asked.

 

                “Nah, I wanted to relax first,” I spoke.

 

                “I see. So, it seemed like you were thinking deep a while ago I saw you, huh?”

 

                I chuckled and muttered, “I was thinking of some memories we had together before,” I smiled.

 

                She then laughed, “The time when we were just kids,” she grinned.

 

                “Remember when we first met?” I looked at her.

 

                “Gosh, I looked to haggard that time,” she hid her face.

 

                “Not that much though,” I chuckled, “Don’t hid your beautiful face,” I put her hand below.

 

                “Nah,” she shrugged.

 

                “What about… the time when I asked if you can be my girlfriend?” I looked at her and smiled.

 

                “Actually, I didn’t expect it,” she smiled back.

 

                “You don’t know how happy I was when I knew you liked me, too,” I said.

 

                “Hey, I didn’t like you,” what she’s said caused me to look at her with widen eyes and raised a brow.

 

                “Mwo---“ I was cut by what I supposed to say as she held my lips.

 

                “Because I loved you,” she winked.

 

                I chuckled and looked away, “But, remember the thing I confessed to you?” I questioned.

 

                “Of course, who wouldn’t?” She grinned.

 

                “Do you want to hear it again?” I smiled.

 

                “…” She then turned red and nodded as response.

 

                “But, I’ll just change some phrases,” I spoke.

               

                “Okay,”

 

                “So, shall I?”

 

                “Ne,” Seulgi smiled as she nodded her head again.

 

                “Throughout the years, those unforgettable moments, I think I’ve fallen even more to a beautiful girl. We’ve met in a school. She was just a newbie that time. I’ve been a protector of her at our first meeting… and now, she’s just beside me. And now…” I stood up and knelt down, “And now, I’m asking her if she’s willing to… marry me,” I looked at her and found out that she was crying due to happiness again. “Hey, I’m asking you, princess.”

 

                She then hugged me and exclaimed, “Yes, my one and only Irene Bae Joo Hyun, I’m willing to be your wife. I do, I do!!!” She hugged me tighter and we both cried. After, I wiped her tears and wiped mine after. We then stood up, holding each other’s hands and facing one another.

 

                “Sorry, no ring,” I smiled sincerely.

 

                We laughed, “It’s alright. You’re the best gift I’ve every had. If you’re with me, I don’t need anything anymore,”

 

                “Thank you for everything. By the way, congratulations and happy debut day. I love you,” and for the first time, we kissed each other sweetly.

 

                “I love you, too,” and we walked towards the beautiful beach, holding hands.

 

                For the both of us, love has no boundaries and has no gender. Loving each other is not just by having it ually even you guys aren’t married yet… Until the end, loving each other truly, innocently, and purely is still the best…

 

THE END…