and then,i found you

The Other End

He really wasn’t oblivious like how they make him up to be. Really, he just choose to be one. Especially concerning his beloved Suho hyung. He didn’t want to deliberately crush his heart, he doesn’t want to be that cruel to him. It’s fate that make him try to pretend he doesn’t really see how huge Suho hyung crush on him. All those caring attention and caresses that could make the maknaes of their small group; Sehun and Kai whining and pouting because they didn’t get the same treatment, really how could he not see that? But alas, his red string of fate wasn’t attached at the end of Suho hyung’s pinky so he doesn’t want to pursue or encourage his hyung feelings (even if deep inside, he did feel something) because going against the fate will just going to be disaster one day.

He, Kim Jongdae believe in his red string of fate. Because he can see one.


It all started when he was 10 years old. He was wondering around the neighbourhood and being a mischievous child he was, he went into the yard of a house rumored to reside an old horrid witch. Of course Jongdae doesn’t believe that hence why he wasn’t afraid to sneak around the house. While he was trying to find a way to get into the house, he heard a scream of help. Ignoring his instinct to fly away because now he do feel afraid (what if that was a voice of girl getting boiled in big black cauldron???) he kicked on the door of the house to find the source of that scream. All he saw was a granny who fell off her chair?

Long story short, he helped the granny and since then, he always go back to the house after school because Granny Kim is not bad like what people seems to make her. She even make him his favourite apple pie so life is good. He felt sad sometimes because Granny Kim seems so lonely and she live alone and no one wants to be friend with her because someone spread rumours about her.

So imagine his shock when his parent said that they will move from the countryside to Seoul since his father is getting promotion. He cried so hard and went to Granny Kim’s house because who is going to accompany Granny Kim again after this? Then Granny Kim going to be lonely again like before she meet Jongdae. She laughed and cuddled Jongdae and said “It’s okay, I won’t be lonely anymore because I have memories of you. Don’t cry, I don’t want to remember you being sad. Say, how about I give you a gift so you will remember me forever?”

A gift. It was the gift that haunted Jongdae for life. Jongdae forgot that even though the rumours about Granny Kim being an old wicked witch wasn’t true, she IS actually a witch. All he saw after Granny Kim put her hand on his eyes were red. Red strings everywhere all across the room. And he saw one on his pinky too? He was so confused that Granny Kim laughed at his confused face.

“My gift for you will help you to find your happiness one day. Your soulmate will be at the end of your red string. No matter how long it will takes for you to find the person, trust me, you will get the ultimate happiness in your life. When you feel the string tug one day, that means the person is near you so you have to chase it and let the fate take place”

That was the last time he saw Granny Kim. He realized she doesn’t have a red string tied to her pinky.


What is more stressing than waiting for you to see who lies at the other end of your red string was watching other people’s red string. The first thing would be when you saw your friends have like the shortest string tied together but both didn’t act on it that the string never tightened. Exhibit A is Suho hyung. Really, as clueless as Jongdae make himself to be, Suho hyung is really the dense one out of all them. How could he not realize that every time he gave that longing look to him, there’s Kyungsoo looking back at him with the same look. Maybe that’s why Kyungsoo always put extra chilli in Jongdae’s portion of his kimchi spaghetti. Can’t blame a jealous .


You lose your red string when you have found your soulmate, so it is kinda sad when Jongdae saw both Sehun and Luhan hyung; the mushy couple of the year, hasn’t lose theirs yet.

“Jongdae? Did you even hear what I have been saying to you? Gosh you are unbelievable!” Jongdae flinched over Luhan hyung’s shrill voice. Gosh this guy, no wonder no one wants to call him manly.

“What it is Luhan hyung? I’m sorry I can’t hear you over your disgusting over the top PDA. Please spare me my gag reflex”

“Why you dare to sass me you little im gonna-“ Sehun patted Luhan hair and just like that the ferocious catty Luhan behave like a puppy. Well, at least even if Luhan hyung and Sehun might not be together in the future, Sehun can keep him in place in the meantime.

“Ok, I’m sorry hyung can you please repeat what you said to me?”

“I said, can you help me giving tour to the new Chinese students arriving tomorrow? I was suppose to ask Yixing for help but he wasn’t available tomorrow and you are the only one I know that know at least the basic ‘cao ni ma’ so please be a good dongsaeng and help your hyung.”

“What the hyung, its ‘ni hao ma’ who’s  the Chinese one here? Well what do I get in return? I ain’t gonna slave myself without at least some payment”

“Nah, I wont bother to even pay you anything I still got that pic last year when you cross dress I can use that to blackmail you.

If anyone ever said that Luhan hyung is a beautiful angelic creature, Jongdae hope that person burn in hell.


Have you ever woke up and had an epiphany that today is going to be the best day of your life? Like every step you make, it feels like you are walking on a cloud nine? Even your bad hair didn’t dampen your mood? You smile at the littlest thing because you feel like “, I’m gonna have the best day in my life and aint nothing going to stop me.”

Except that Jongdae do have something that bring frown to his face when he met Luhan hyung at the entrance of their school. How could he forget that today he was suppose to use his almost non-existent knowledge of Mandarin to help Luhan hyung. So much for having the best day of his life.

“Stop with the frown you look like I killed your pets not that you have any pets anyway because I know like hell any pets want to be taken care of you-“ Jongdae tuned out Luhan’s rambling because

A tug.

He felt a tug on his pinky.

No way. No ing way.

“Maybe I’m just drowsy because I woke up early” He thought while still looking at his pinky for any sign. He squinted hard on his pinky because at this point any sign would be good enough because he is tired of waiting and not getting anything out of his gift. So much for the great gift Grandma Kim.

“Oh my god Jongdae did you ignore me again? I swear you hang out too much with Yixing and stop looking at your hand, you look weird. Come on we already late, the Chinese guys are waiting already” Luhan reprimanded him and he had no time to even rebutt Luhan like he would do in normal situation because inside Jongdae’s head all he can think is whether or not his string giving him signal or not.

Jongdae shrugged. Maybe it was all in his mind, because he is so desperate. Or maybe he is finally tired of being a third wheel and forever pressed with all the love around him. Yeah, maybe that’s why, Jongdae tried to console himself.

He didn’t realize that he and Luhan already arrived in front of the principal office to meet the new guys. While he was contemplating on what to say to the new guy he would be giving a tour to, there’s no mistaking that he do feel a tug on his pinky. Again. And again and again.

Oh my god.

Jongdae looks at the door in front of him. The red string goes right into the opening at the bottom of the door? His heart beat faster and everything seems to stop, like the time stop because here it is, behind this closed door, Jongdae’s awaited fate. Ok, he did say he cant wait to meet his soulmate but to think it’s finally here and he is wearing his shabby school outfit? No, why can’t he meet the other one when he was in the library trying to look smart or when he was playing the piano? Why oh why you cruel fate.

Jongdae snapped out of his thought when Luhan hyung harshly tug him into the principal office. There inside, sit two guys back facing on him. He quickly looks at the red string to see the string goes to one of the transferee. Except that the strings are all tangled up that Jongdae can’t see where the end goes. It’s either that blond hair one or the jet black hair transferee. Jongdae was going to take a look on his fate because he is impatient like that when the principal spoke up.

“Ah, good that you guys finally here. Here let me introduce you to our new Chinese students. This is Tao, from Qingdao, and this is Kris, from Guangzhou, although technically he’s Canadian now” The principal said while gesturing to the jet black hair one as Tao and the blond one as Kris.

The Kris guy walk towards Jongdae and Jongdae can’t help but blush because this guy is ing greek god or something and he looks so tall and his eyes looks so beautiful and wow that eyebrows can’t be tamed and he have a red string tied to the other end of Jongdae’s one?????

Canada. No wonder it took so long for him to even find his one and only. Oh God, at least give a head up before you ing just throw a perfect Adonis in front of me like this!

“Hi, my name is Wu, Kris Wu. Nice to meet you and I hope we can get along well” (“Of course we will get along” He shouted in his mind). That deep voice makes Jongdae feel like a pile of melted goo. Damn it, he scores a good one on this. Thanks Grandma Kim.

Jongdae did not shakily grab this perfect male specimen’s hand, oh no because he is too cool to be nervous, he was just shaky because he didn’t get enough sleep (yeah tell yourself that Jongdae). Their hands goes into a handshake and Jongdae watched as his red strings slowly becoming more and more transparent and finally out of sight. Finally, Jongdae is so giddy that he didn’t realize he was creepily smiling at their intertwine hand and before he know it, Kris said

“Ah, I have been told that I got hand but I didn’t know it could make people smiling?” Jongdae could hear the teasing tone behind that words.

Of course Jongdae would embarrass himself the first time he met his soulmate, so typical of him. He slowly looks up to Kris and saw a beautiful breathtaking gummy smile directed and him.

Well, Jongdae finally found him, a little embarrassment at the side won’t hurt.


"Say Jongdae, did you know that Chinese people believe in the red string of fate? Do you think that kind of thing exist?" Kris asked Jongdae one day

Jongdae smile up hearing the question.

"Why won't I not believe in it,when I have you?" He said while giving small peck to his now boyfriend.

 

 

A/N

Thanks for reading this very much kamsa ^0^ 

eventho im not much into exo this day,krischen still hold quite a fort in my heart keke

comments are very highly appreciated :)

have a nice day errbody~~