Chapter 1

Fran's Bookstore

Eunhyuk stood waiting at the bus stop, watching as the rain fell around him in a steady downpour. Adjusting the umbrella over his head, he prided himself in remembering to bring it with him this morning. With it raining as hard as it was, he would be soaked in moments without it. 

An angry curse to his left had Eunhyuk turning to see a disgruntled brown haired man, probably around his age, trying unsuccessfully to ward off the rain with his glare alone. His hair was dripping, his hoodless jacket soaked, and his shoes were sloshing as he jumped from foot to foot, impatiently waiting for the bus to arrive.

Feeling bad for the other, Eunhyuk cleared his throat in an attempt to gain the others attention. Earning no reaction from the other, he cleared his throat again, louder this time. When he still got nothing, Eunhyuk shrugged to himself before saying, "Excuse me." Again, no response from the other. Pursing his lips, Eunhyuk repeated himself loudly and tapped the brunette on the shoulder.

The strangers head turned to face him, an irritated look covering his face. "What?"

"Ah, sorry. I tried getting your attention before but I guess you didn't hear me, but I-"

"Ever think that maybe I was ignoring you?" The man snapped. 

Eunhyuk blinked. 

"I was in the middle of a very important calculation. The kind that earns me thousands of dollars from my employers, and is highly valued. In sort, something that you couldn't possibly attempt with your minimal amount of intelligence."

Frowning, and a bit offended at being called an idiot, Eunhyuk opening his mouth to reply. "Well I was-"

"Will you take responsibility for the chance you cause me to mess up my calculation?  If I have to scrap it? If it causes my employers to lose money?" He demanded. "Why are you even talking to me anyway? Haven't your parents taught you not to talk to strangers?"

Brow furrowed in annoyance, Eunhyuk frowned at the other. "I was just trying to ask you if you wanted to share my umbrella with me, seeing as your soaked. I'm sorry I asked, gosh. Don't bite my head off." 

The brunette blinked at him in surprise. "Oh, I see," he said, clearing his throat awkwardly, a blush tainting his cheeks. 

"Yeah," Eunhyuk responded, a frown still directed at the other. 

"That'd... That'd be appreciated. Is the offer still open?" 

Eunhyuk sighed before nodding. "I guess."

Holding his umbrella higher, he moved to the side to make room for the other. Stepping into the safety of the umbrella, the brunette sighed in relief and sent him a small, grateful smile. "Thanks."

Eunhyuk suddenly blushed at the smile, thinking it was surprisingly angelic for someone with such a crabby attitude, and quickly turned away. "N-no problem."

Shortly after their bus arrived. They boarded quickly, not wanting to stay in the rain a moment longer. With there only being two seats free, and neither one of them wanting to stand, they ended up sitting beside each other on the bus. They sat awkwardly beside each other, neither of them talking. 

With a sigh of relief, Eunhyuk spotted his stop. Turning from the window, he stood up from his seat as the bus slowed to a halt. "See ya around," he said to the brunette in farewell, flashing him a smile as he passed by him on his way to the aisle. 

Stepping out of the bus, he quickly ran into Fran's Bookstore, a shop a few doors down from the bus stop. He couldn't shake the feeling, from the time that it took him to reach the shop, that a pair of eyes were following him. Stepping inside the threshold, he couldn't help but feel relieved as the feeling went away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunhyuk stood behind the counter, idly watching the handful of customers in the store. He worked full-time at Fran's Book Store, a quaint little store that rakes in a substantial amount of business throughout the week. They sell a wide variety of books, all stacked on well-crafted wood bookcases on a hard wood floor. The whole store was filled with the smell of books, old and new. A smell that Eunhyuk loved with all his heart. One that he could live off of. 

Though the job might not offer the largest paycheck in the world, it gave Eunhyuk enough money to pay the bills, and what more could he ask for then that? Plus his boss was kind and fair, and although there were a few he'd rather not share a shift with, he got along well with the majority of his co-workers.

It's been a little over a week since his encounter with the rather crabby stranger, and he found that whenever the pace was slow in the store, like it was now, his thoughts would drift to that rainy morning. Rather then being angry with the whole thing, he found himself rather amused by it instead. The look of pure astonishment on the others face when he realized he was only trying to offer to share his umbrella was still priceless.

"Hey, Eunhyuk," his co-worker, Maya, greeted him as she walked out of the storeroom, wiping her hands with a cloth. 

"Hey. How'd the sorting go?" he asked.

"Awesomely. Everything's sorted to a T," she said with a grin.

Eunhyuk grinned back at her. Maya was one of his friends, and one of his favourite co-workers. They clicked during their first shift together, and have been fast friends ever since. She had mocha coloured skin and long brown curly hair that she usually wore down, and she always wore a smile on her face. 

"How'd managing the cash go? Sell anything?" She asked, sitting down on the stool beside him.

"Nope, not yet. Just got a bunch of browsers so far," he said. 

"Ah," she hummed, nodding her head.

All in all, it was a pretty boring shift and Eunhyuk couldn't wait until it was over. Swiping the cloth Maya was holding, he began wiping down the counter in an attempt to busy himself. When the door chimed singling a new customer, Eunhyuk didn't look up and let Maya greet them, as he was too focused on his task. 

"Well, ain't he a hot one?" Maya murmured. Eunhyuk looked up at that, one eyebrow raised as he sent her a bemused look. 

"Well he is!" Maya defended her self. "Take a look for yourself if you don't believe me," she said, pointing to someone in a nearby aisle.

Following her finger, Eunhyuk's eyes widened in surprise as his eyes landed on the stranger from last week. 

"See what I mean? He looks likes he's fresh out of modeling camp," Maya said, eyes still fixed on the brunette. 

"Indeed he does," Eunhyuk thought to himself. The guy was wearing a expensive looking black knitted sweater with dark jeans. His hair was perfectly combed and styled. His skin looked flawless as well. The air around him just screamed confidence. All in all, he could see why Maya was so taken with him. 

"Wonder what a guy like that is doing here?" Eunhyuk mused.

"Maybe he heard the staff is amazingly awesome and attractive?" Maya suggested with a smirk. "And by staff, I mean me."

"Oh, shush," Eunhyuk chuckled, giving her a little shove.

"Well, should we go see if he needs help?" She asked.

"You do that, I'll stay here and man the cash," Eunhyuk said, spotting a customer making their way towards them with a handful of books in her arms.

"Right-o," she said, sending him a thumbs up before heading off towards the model-like customer. 

Smiling after her, Eunhyuk quickly redirected his attention to the customer. After dealing with her, Eunhyuk looked up to find Maya walking back towards the counter, a small frown marring her face. 

"So? How'd it go?" Eunhyuk asked as she sat back down beside him on the stool.

"For such an attractive guy, he's a bit of a prick," she confessed. "I asked him if he was looking for something in particular, and if I could help, and he told me to mind my own business and if he needed help he would've come and asked for some."

Eunhyuk snorted. "Talk about being shot down."

"Oh, shut up," Maya grumbled, sending him a dirty look. 

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, it's not just you. He's always that prickly." 

"Oh? And you'd know this because...?"

"Ah, well, I ran into him a week ago at the bus stop," he confessed sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "He acted about the same that time too."

"You little bugger! Why didn't you tell me? It's no wonder you didn't want to go over!" She exclaimed.

Eunhyuk stuck his tongue out at her. 

At the sound of a throat being cleared, both workers looked up to see the model-like guy starring down at them, a frown on his face. 

"Er, hello," Maya greeted, but Eunhyuk barely heard her for his and the strangers eyes were locked into a staring match. He felt himself unable to look away. Eunhyuk's mouth suddenly went dry for some reason. 

"Yes," the brunette said slowly, unhurriedly breaking eye contact with Eunhyuk to face Maya, "I'd like to buy this book." 

"Of course. That'd be $12.50 please," Maya said, quickly scanning the book and placing it into a plastic bag. Once the brunette gave her the money, she handed the bag to him. "Come again," she chirped. 

The man just nodded before leaving, but not before one last lingering look at Eunhyuk. 

Eunhyuk watched, ears pink and heart racing, as the stranger walked out the front door and away from the book store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since the brunette came into the store and bought a book, and he's been coming everyday since. He hasn't bought a book since though, no matter how many times Eunhyuk's co-workers went over and tried to assist him. He'd always brush them off, by either ignoring them completely or sending them packing with a slew of rude remarks. Not even the flirtatious Liza, notorious for being able to get any man to buy a book, was able to win the model-like man over.

Eunhyuk's the only one who hasn't went to help the brunette. It was because he knew if he went up to him, he'd be too tongued tied to speak. And too busy flushing all shades of red. He was already blushing with even a mere look from the brunette, he'd hate to think what would happen if he would actually talk to him. 

He didn't even know how it started, but he's come to terms with the fact that he has somehow managed to grow a crush for the brown haired, sharp tonged, model-like stranger who frequents their store. 

He has found himself unable to tear his eyes away from the guy once he walks into the store, and he hates himself for it. Why in the hell did he decide to start crushing on some dude he doesn't even know the name of? He's a total stranger for heavens sake! Not to mention he's one of the rudest people Eunhyuk has ever met in his life. Yet no matter how hard he tries, Eunhyuk finds himself drawn to the other. Finds his heart racing and face flushed with just a thought of him, at just a glance.

Frankly, it's driving him crazy. 

"Why does he come here everyday?" Maya complained one Wednesday afternoon, glaring in the direction of the brunette, "He never buys anything. Just stands there and stares at the same bookshelf, day in and day out." 

Eunhyuk shrugged, unable to come up with an answer. His eyes too were looking in the direction of the model-like man, but with a entirely different feeling than his co-worker.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he's scaring off some customers. I mean, just look at the way he's glaring at those books," Maya said, frowning.

"He could be having trouble finding something," Eunhyuk suggested unhelpfully, "maybe you should go over and see if he needs any help."

Maya snorted. "Yeah, and get my head bitten off again? No thanks."

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. "Scaredy cat. He's not that bad."

"Ptfh, please. I'd like to see you go over and talk to him. Let's see what you think after he's been through with you. You'll be singing a different tune then, I guarantee it."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," he murmured, eyes still fixed on the model-like man.

"Well, then! Let's see, shall we?" Maya declared, grabbing hold of Eunhyuk's arm and leading him around the counter. 

"W-what are you doing?" Eunhyuk stammered, eyes wide as Maya dragged him towards the brunette. 

"Sending the customer some help," she answered before giving Eunhyuk a final push, sending him sprawling towards the model-like man.

Eunhyuk landed at the brunettes feet in a pile of limbs. "Yes, way to go. Real good impression you've made for yourself." Eunhyuk chastened himself. Slowly, he got back onto his feet and faced the object of his affections. Face flushed in embarrassment, he looked at a spot over the brunettes shoulder, his hand going behind his head to scratch.

"Uh, hello. Um, I'm supposed to ask you if you need any help," Eunhyuk said. 

Silence.

"So, um, do you? Need any help?" Eunhyuk asked, eyes flickering quickly to the brunettes face before flickering back away.

"Well it's about time you came. I was starting to wonder if you ever would," the stranger said. 

"Oh, um, sorry about that. My co-worker and I weren't sure if you needed any help so-," 

"Yes, yes, alright. Could you get that book for me?" He asked, pointing to a novel on the top shelf. 

Eunhyuk squinted in confusion, not understanding his request as the brunette was taller than him. 

"Well?" 

"Ah, alright. One second," Eunhyuk said. Reaching up and stretching onto his tiptoes, Eunhyuk grasped the book. 

"Here," he said, handing him the book, eyes flickering back over the others shoulder.

"Look at me," the model-like man demanded.

Biting his lip, he slowly brought his eyes over to the others. The other man was smirking at him. 

"What?" Eunhyuk asked, brow furrowing.

"Nothing. I just need your help with one more thing, okay?"

"Alright," Eunhyuk agreed, hesitantly. "What is it?"

"Go on a date with me." 

"W-what? Eunhyuk sputtered, baffled. 

"Go on a date with me," the brunette repeated, this time with a small blush tainting his cheeks. 

"Why?" Eunhyuk asked, eyes wide, still unbelieving of what he just heard. 

"Because, well, because I like you," the model-like men confessed, ears beginning to turn pink. 

"Really?" 

"Yes. So, what's it going to be? Will you?" The brunette asked gruffly, embarrassed. 

"Sure. Yes," Eunhyuk agreed, now blushing as well. 

"Great!" The brunette said, sending him a grin, one that Eunhyuk matched.

"Pick you up here at 8?" He asked.

"Sure," Eunhyuk nodded, still grinning.

The brunette began to walk away before Eunhyuk stopped him, a thought occurring to him.

"Wait, I never caught your name," Eunhyuk admitted.

"My name's Kyuhyun," the brunette answered with a large grin.

"Eunhyuk," he replied.

"I know," Kyuhyun smirked before giving him a small wave and heading out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how'd it go?" Maya asked with a raised eyebrow, pausing in reading her magazine. "Did he bite your head off?"

"Not exactly," Eunhyuk answered mysteriously, blushing as a grin split across his face.