{pegase2311} Someone Call the Doctor(s) | Kimmo

Rose Reviews Archive

Someone Call the Doctor(s)

 

Title (3/5)
The sentence is from EXO’s Overdose, isn’t it? The sentence actually fits a bunch of oneshots you had there, so it’s okay. But the individual titles of your oneshots.... are not ‘okay’ enough. Especially the “I love You Doctor!”. When you decided the tile for “I Love You Doctor!”, were you thinking about Suzy’s confession? But isn’t Jongdae the one who likes to say sweet things to her and confessed his feeling first? How about going with “Chocolate Ball”, or “Sweet Nothings”? Just a simple sentence and/or word will catch the readers even more. Like, if you go with “Chocolate Ball” readers will ask themselves “Does chocolate even relevant to handsome, rich, doctors? Don’t tell me that the crackship will make the girl be a kid that likes chocolate.” and read your story to find out.

Foreword/Description (8/10)
I love the foreword I swear. Many writing tips here in AFF make you believe that you have to make foreword to be as simple as possible but I think not every fanfiction can do so. Your fanfiction cannot do that because there are many many maaaaannnnyyyy crackships people won’t expect. 

Graphics (Bonus) (4/5)
I like the gifs, especially the one in your foreword. And please remove the fallen cheery blossoms (it is cheery blossoms, right?) on “I Love you doctor!” And graphics aren’t my cup of tea so I can’t comment much^^

Characterization (15/20)
Actually, many of your characters are good and realistic. My favorite character is Sanghyun. He feels so real as I read your fanfiction. He wanted to marry Tiffany to be a professor, and that is actually what people will do in his shoes. Of course, it turns out that he desired Sooyoung more. And about character development, I will say that it is good enough since your characters do develop. The develepmonts aren’t much since it is oneshot, but still good enough. As a side tip, you can go buy some psychology books to make a more realistic character.

Plot (15/20)
Some cliches, I must admit. But where’s the fun if a story doesn’t have cliche? Even many published novels out there have cliche. The usual cold guy turns out to be something sweet. A girl bumps to a guy and they fall in love. And my favorite plot is “I Love You Doctor!”, the reason why Jongdae gave her lots of chocolate touched my heart (quit smoking and all).

Flow(18/20)
Some of your oneshots have too fast of a flow, and some others have a perfect flow. The fastest flow is the “A Popular doctor’s Lying expression”, and isn’t it the shortest one? The one with the most perfect flow is “A Doctor’s melancholic love”. But controlling a flow isn’t something that you can learn in seconds. My aunt is a writer and she once told me that it took years for her to make a perfect flow. So keep practicing^^

Grammar(6/10)
Your grammar is okay. But the thing that bothered me while reading your fanfiction was that, are you planning to write in in past tense or present tense? 

Example : The ring of Yoona’s hand phone finally wakes woke her up; in her bedroom voice, she answered the call lazily. 

Or 

The ring of Yoona’s hand phone finally wakes her up; in her bedroom voice, she answered answers the call lazily. 

And : She was still thinking about last night's incident and after all she cannot  could not believe that the arrogant guy she met before is was a doctor.

Of course, there’s still this debate of whether a story is supposed to be written in past tense or present tense, but it is a must to pick one of them, not using both of them.

Overall(7/10)
The most important part of a story is not the grammar or a plot—it is the ability to entertain readers. And you did it, you entertained me. A little practice will make you be a better author. So please, keep practicing^^ 

Bonus(3/5)
3 points for making me smile to read such cute stories, hehehehe XD

Total (79/100)
C+ = 77 - 79
CONGRATULATIIOOOONSSSSS!!