The importance of a bottle of water

The importance of a bottle of water

The morning after that call i was totally lost in my own world. Changmin, poor him, tried to snap me out of my trance but my mind was full of His voice. It was exactly as I remembered it.

-Jaejoongie…- I called for him, trying to sound neutral but in my ears my voice sounded so demanding, like someone who’s searching his reason to breath. He didn’t answer back. Was he shocked? –Jaejoongie…- I called again, starting to feel anxious.

-Y…Yeah…- oh god. It’s him. It’s really him.

-You did well…- I said. I wanted to say something more. I wanted to say him how much I miss him and the others. How much my heart is craving for his love. How much it hurts me this whole situation. But how can I be so selfish? He left because I wasn’t able to help him. Because I couldn’t stand up for him against my own label. Changmin knows how badly I blame myself. Ashamed of myself I turned off the conversation.

-…ng-

He was scared? Shocked? Happy? Should I call him again? I shook my head.

Don’t over think. Probably he’s angry because you never called in these 4 years and suddenly you mention him in public and the you call him too!

-…ung-

Should I call Yoochun and Junsu too? Probably they are twice as mad. Micky for sure. He was our first and most loyal fan and look at what I’ve done to his best friend. I sighed.

-HYUNG!- I jumped and flutter before focusing on Changmin who was staring back at me.

-why are you yelling?- I asked, innocently.

-It’s almost 5 minutes that I’m trying to call you- he pouted. Oh god if Jaejoong saw that cute pout would definitely go wild.

-Sorry, Changmin-ah…-I sighed again.

-You’re regretting it?- he asked then, more serious.

I looked up and there was no doubt of what he was talking about. I smiled at him but said nothing. I walked over him and went to my room to get ready for work.

 

Two hours later I was on the set of my new historical drama. It was chaotic as always on set. I was tossed here and there: costume, make up, script…thanks to the chaos I was able to distract my mind from Jaejoong thought.

We started filming and I was so into it that I almost forgot to drink and rest a bit between a take and another: it was so hot but I didn’t even pay attention to it.

Suddenly, the director called for a break of 30 minutes. My manager dragged me to a just made tend and pushed me on a chair. He handed me a bottle of water but I wasn’t thirsty. He insisted but then I asked him to give me my phone: I wanted to check on Changmin. He made a face.

-What?- I asked, my hand still in the air waiting for my phone.

-Ehm…I…- he was stuttering – I left it in the car…yes- he smiled, awkwardly. Was he hiding something?

-Then go and get it- I asked, politely.

-There’s no time and it’s not a big deal if you don’t play with your phone now- he tried to end the conversation.

-I want to check on Changmin- stubborn vs stubborn.

-He’s fine…- he tried to hand me the water again, but I refused – Come on, Yunho, there’s no time for real. 5 of your 30 minutes of break are already passed arguing on something so stupid. Changmin is fine, don’t worry and take care of yourself for once-

I gave in. With a sigh I started to look around: the set was busy and people were running here and there. I like the atmosphere of a drama set. One of the staff girl was looking at me. I smiled, she looked away and hid something in her pocket.

Strange.

I kept looking and found other person staring at me. After the third one I started thinking that there was something on my face. I was there to ask my stylist noona a mirror when I saw her looking at her phone and then at me, with a strange look. A look I saw on her other times and that I started to recognize really well. I stood up quickly and rushed towards her who was now trying to hide her phone.

-Give it to me- I almost growled.

-Yunho!- my manager tried to stop me.

-GIVE IT TO ME!- I yelled and she jumped. For a moment I felt sorry but the phone was more important. She handed it to me giving my manager an apologetic look. The set around us just stop breathing as I read the news.

“JYJ's Jaejoong responds to TVXQ's Yunho's comments with supportive words”

The phone almost fell on the ground. Just the title caused me dizziness. I scrolled down the article and went on.

“I saw that article... I think he will show good acting...”

And then…

“"Since Yunho also went through a growth process, I believe that he will show even better acting this time around. Among the staff and actors whom I worked with for this production, there are some who have worked with Yunho. They tell me that he works really hard. Actors who work hard are bound to succeed."

He kept an eye on me…

“For what I want to say the most to him, it'd be that I hope he drinks a lot of water as he films. When we promoted together, there was a time when he got dehydrated, so I hope when he films this time he drinks a lot of water and takes care of his physical condition...”

Oh god…”Why aren’t you drinking something!? Stupid Yunho…here”. He was always a nagging mom.

Then…when I thought that this couldn’t be any painful he added more.

Yunho-yah, are you doing well? I'm doing well... It's probably your first historical drama, and it's going to be very difficult. I guess there will be a lot of outdoor filming too. With the lack of time, there will be a lot of CG work and martial arts practice. So it'll be very tiring physically and it'll probably be really hot, so drink a lot of water as you practice. It's good to work hard, but make sure you think about your body too."

-Yunho-ah…- I whispered without even realized it. But the tears collecting at the corner of my eyes, oh…I felt those really well. Without saying one more word, I gave my noona his phone back and started walking towards my van. I heard my manager following me.

The more I was approaching the car, the more difficult it became to restrain myself from crying. I’m not a crybaby but I have a few soft spots and Kim Jaejoong is the biggest one.

I reached my van and I got without even question why the door was already open. I shut it and then I press the button to lock them all. My manager started knocking, calling my name. I just ignored it. I searched for my phone and when I found it there were 7 missed calls, all from Changmin. Before I could call him back, he was calling again.

-Hyung- he said without greeting me.

-Changmin-ah…- I tried to stay strong. He was my maknae. I had to be.

-It’s ok, hyung- he said –it’s ok-

Then I couldn’t handle it anymore. The pressure I felt after the call of the night before, his voice that I kept hearing in my mind, his words…

-Changmin-ah…- I said again. the tears were now falling silently on my cheeks. I was pitiful. I hadn’t the right to cry but here I was, crying my heart out on the phone with my precious maknae, the strongest among the five of us. Among me and Him.

-See?- he started again – He’s thinking of you too- I could see him smile, like a big brother would do when he’s dongsaeng is crying – I told you. We may be apart physically but we will always be one- he’s voice trembled – You two will always be our hyung- he was implying so much more with those words.

-He said my name…- I was finally able to say – He mentioned me, Changmin-ah-

He chuckled – I think he often mentions you, hyung. It was us who never really mention their name in these 4 years – there was a little scent of regret in his tone.

My manager knocked again, loudly – I have to go…- I said.

-Neh…- he made a pause – Show him how well you’re doing, hyung. Lets make him and the other hyungs proud of us-

I smiled – Yes, fighting, Changmin-ah-

-Fighting, hyung-

I turned off the line and made a deep breath. After weeping my face I unlocked the car and went out. Just a glance from my manager and he sighed.

-Hyung, do you still have that bottle of water?- I smiled.  


Hi! This is me :)

After yesterday one shot about Jaejoong reaction to Yunho mentioning him, i've decided to do the reaction of Yunho to Jaejoong respond. 

My yunjae feelings are a mess right now eheh. #AlwaysKeepTheFaith 

 

Here the link to the other one shot ---> You did well

Rate and comment! i'd really love to see if you like this one shot as the previous one :)