Servant of Evil [Part 1]

Story of Evil

'it has been a while since I've been here' I thought to myself as I stand in front of the front door of a massive castle. The one where the whole kingdom is ruled by.

“The queen is ready for you now.” a maid informed me. I picked up my bags and entered the castle. Nothing much has changed since I've been here. The only change is that it has more of a 'girly' touch to it and more of an intense feel in it than it used to be. I entered the main hall where the ruler of this kingdom has longed for my arrival.

“My queen.” I kneel before her the moment I first saw her. She turned around.

“Len?” She called my name. I raised my head. She seemed so happy, it's like she's about to tear up.

“Len!!” She jumped towards me and hugged me tight. I could only stayed still in confusion, then I hugged her back and smiled.

“I missed you so much.” She whispered.

“Same do I. Sister dear..” I whispered back.

 

                Fourteen years ago we were born into this world, the church's bell blessed our arrival. Kagamine Rin, the queen, is my sister. And I, Kagamine Len, is her twin brother. But even though we are twins, we have destined for different things.

                Born in high expectations and living in my selfish family, we must play by the rules. I was taken away from my dear sister in the age of five, while she got to stay in the castle. two years later I received some bad news; both my parents has passed away, leaving Rin to be crowned queen only by the age of seven. She was crowned queen, while I have been destined as her tool since birth.

                While she has all the fun, being covered in jewels, luxury, our family's wealth, and ruling the whole kingdom, I on the other hand have to live like a normal peasant would. Even so, I have no vengeance against her, I rather pity her. You see, no soul in this country has ever liked the way my family ruled this kingdom, but none has the guts to protest because they fear us.

                Today, I have came back to the castle to fulfill my destiny, to serve my lovely sister. And I have pledged to myself that even though the whole world are going to fight against her, I will always be there by her side to fight for her, and to protect her from any danger that threatens her.

               

                After I got into my uniform, I came back to the main hall. The queen awaits. Yes, From now on, I will always be by her side 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to serve and protect her.

“I should say you look good in that outfit, Len.” She praised me,

“Why thank you, Your Highness.” I said formally, like any one in this castle would.

“Len, you could just call me Rin. You know that. I am your sister after all..” She looked at me in a pitiful way

“Are you sure? But isn't this what mother and father want?” I asked her, she shook her head,

“When it's just the two of us, please just call me by my name.” She smiled so sincerely, she looks really beautiful that way.

“As you wish.” I bowed in front of her. She sigh, but then she smiled at me.

 

                Rin has been spoiled for as long as she lived.  She gets what she wants, but I don't blame her for that, no one should. She's fourteen, and she's running the entire kingdom all by herself, what do you expect to happen? ….. But still, she seem to obtain the greedy side of the family. As I said before, even though I don't blame her for it; she gets what she wants, makes people do as she wishes, and let no one rebel to her. 

One day, the guards brought in the known red warrior who's famous for leading a protest against the queen to demand justice for the peasants.

“Ah, The famous red warrior.. May I ask for your name, please?” Rin smiled. This politeness that she's giving is only an act, she's actually very angry right now.

“Meiko.” The warrior answered.

“It's... a woman?” I asked,

“Len, please..” Rin gave me a look, telling me to be quiet.

“My apologies,” I bowed.

“You have no rights to treat us this way!”  Meiko yelled, Rin kept smiling. 

“Or do I?” Rin's smile slowly faded away.

“Meiko, do you realize who is running the entire country?” She's starting to raise her voice. Meiko stayed quiet.

“That's right, me!” Rin raised her voice some more. The 2 guards who held each one of Meiko's arms threw her into the ground. Rin then kneel to Meiko's level, holding her chin up making sure Meiko heard her loud and clear.

“So, if it isn't too much to ask.. Stop telling me how to do my job, okay?” Rin came back smiling, a forced smile. Rin stood up again leaving Meiko still on the ground.

“There should be some kind of punishment for you who has been making a movement to fight against me, shouldn't there be, Len?” Rin took out a sword that came out of no where and swung it towards Meiko. The clock 3. She missed.

“It's snack time! You're a very lucky woman, Meiko. I'll let you off this time.” Rin said smiling.  Meiko stares at Rin both in confused and disgusted way.

“Come, Len.. Guards, Take her away!” Rin commanded. While the guards took Meiko away from the castle, I followed Rin to the backyard, serving her afternoon snack.

“I wish I could be you for a day.” Rin sighed.

“Haha, what are you saying, Rin.” I chuckled.

“I'm serious, Len!” She raised her voice, but in a different way. Not like how she raised her voice at Meiko.

“It's tiring running this country all by myself.” She looked down. I feel her pain somehow.

“You're not alone.” I said. Rin looked at me.

“I'm here, remember?” I smiled at her and gave her a piece of cake. She smiled innocently

“Of course, and I'm glad you are.” She said.