Reset

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I don't care about the past anymore, I just want to focus in the present... with you.

 

 

 

Kai POV

In my dream Yvonne looked so real, it made me think that she was really there. I called out her name and grabbed her hand. She turned around and instantly my anxious heart calmed as I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

The dream stopped when I felt something sharp hit my wrist. I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I frowned, sitting in front of me was Jessica but I could’ve sworn that it was Yvonne just a few seconds ago. Maybe it was an illusion from all the alcohol I had consumed yesterday?

Yesterday… all kinds of emotions swarmed inside me when I thought of yesterday. After I drove away from the house I went straight to the nearest bar and knocked myself out with who knows how many shots of alcohol. I woke up later and headed straight home… what happened after that…well I wasn’t too sure.

Once the pounding inside of my head lessened I looked at the three girls in front of me. My attention was caught by Yvonne’s attire; she had on the same dress from yesterday, the only difference had been an extra jacket. The dark shadows under her tired eyes suggested no sleep and her windblown hair… it hit me.

“You were gone the whole night.”

It wasn’t meant as a question or an accusation, it was just something I wanted to point because…well I just wanted to. Before Yvonne could say anything Jessica had broke down and stormed outside leaving both her sisters shocked. Not long after Krystal also left leaving Yvonne and I alone. It was clear that Yvonne was confused and concerned for her sister but she didn’t know what to do.

I wanted to say something, to comfort her, but once I opened my mouth I felt the bile rise in my throat and before I could run to the bathroom everything came out.

I cursed at myself inside my head for drinking so much when knowing that my level of alcohol tolerance .

I could tell that Yvonne stiffened. I tried getting up but the stupid headache blurred my vision and made me sink back down on the couch. I watched quietly as Yvonne left the room.

I sighed.

Congrats Kai, you messed up again, and this time you completely scared her away. Just what exactly are you trying to do?

I don’t blame her for leaving the scene below… wasn’t exactly pleasing…

I reached for my phone and was about to dial when Yvonne came back with a dustpan and mop. She started cleaning up the mess but it was clear that her mind was somewhere else, her actions were so… lifeless.

“Yvonne,” I called out and she turned to look at me.

I pointed to the dustpan, she was about to dump it into the sink.

Yvonne blinked a few time and seemed to understand what I meant, she disposed the trash into the garbage.

“A-are you okay?” Yvonne asked.

“Yeah I will be…” I watched as Yvonne slightly nodded and then subconsciously moved away from me. It then occurred to me that she was unsure about what to do with me. She was only 17, and probably never dealt with d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter