01 ¬

Rubicund

Joy was pissed.

The floor was not polished properly, the half-filled glasses of juice from yesterday weren’t washed and the flower baskets were still empty.

"Wendy!"

 She yelled, running her slender fingers through her hair, feeling a bit incensed.

 Her eyes followed the movement of something behind the cloth rack.

"Wendy, come out now.” Joy said acidly, folding her arms under her chest.

 Wendy poked her head out from between the expensive set of Siberian robes, she looked scared.

Joy walked towards her, eyes set meaningfully on Wendy.

"Why, pet. You seem to have neglected your chores."

Joy pointed out silkily, and reached her hand out, gathering the mass of hair that fell awkwardly on the sides of Wendy's hair and moved them behind her left ear.

"I-I'm sorry, Madam Joy. Please don't punish me." Wendy's hands were shaking, her eyes already watery.

"Oh? So now you will tell me what to do?"

 Joy hissed, and forcefully grabbed Wendy by her hair, dragging her out, almost knocking out the cloths rack.

Wendy whimpered when Joy pulled her hair painfully and threw her, letting her body hit the unforgiving wooden floor.

 She watched fearfully as Joy walked towards the windowsill and stopped near the potted plants, grabbed a handful of black soil from one of the pots and made her way towards Wendy.

She leaned down, her eyes held an evil glint as she rubbed the black soil all over Wendy's fair skin. Her arms, her legs, her neck and her face.

 "You will let this soil remain on you for 2 nights. You will not wash it away-" Joy grabbed Wendy’s hair again and smirked, "-unless you want to face a harsher consequence."

Wendy felt her resolve crumbling, her carefully locked up anger threatening to break free.

But she had to hold it in, she cannot let her anger and thirst for revenge get in the way of happiness.

Happiness of the person she loved.

 

 

 Seulgi always had a feeling that she didn't belong in Seoul, she felt foreign and awkward in the city.

 Her room didn't feel right and she was always worried about something, though she couldn't exactly put her finger on it.

 Her parents were baffled at her behaviour.

 "What happened, dear?" Mrs Kang asked her, looking worriedly at the untouched serving of lemon soufflé, apparently it was supposed to be her favourite dessert, but she didn't find the smell and taste appealing at all.

 "I'm just tired, mom. I'm going to take a nap." She said and stood up.

 Mrs Kang opened to say something but was quieted by a pointed look from her husband.

"Okay, darling. Have a good rest." Mr Kang said with a small smile and Seulgi nodded her head at him.

 "I will."

 She took a deep breath and made her way upstairs, perfectly aware of the fact that her parents were worried sick about her, but she didn’t have it in her to care.

 Her room was filled with an obnoxious amount of pink and white.

White walls decorated with random pink designs, white and pink furniture.

She hated it, but it was so confusing that she used to love it just a few weeks ago.

There was a huge heart-shaped object pasted in the middle of the wall that had her study table pushed against it.

 Upon closer inspection, it was a cluster of selcas with her and a boy, her boyfriend Cho Kyuhyun to be specific.

She frowned as she studied the pictures.

He was ugly, she decided, mind blown at the fact she used to practically worship him before.

He had bowl cut hair and bushy eyebrows, a very unnatural nose and a pair of leaf shaped lips.

Seulgi rolled her eyes at her expressions in the pictures and suddenly felt the urge to tear the whole thing up.

She threw herself on her bed, which still felt too soft and there were too many pillows!

Nothing felt right, there was an unidentified uneasiness brewing inside her and it was so frustrating that no matter how much she tried, she couldn’t decipher it.